Reality Check

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only player I'm really hating on is Townsend. Can see plenty of potential in everyone except him. He's absolutely rubbish in my opinion. I dont want nor expect everyone to agree with me but he's ran out of chances.

If we can get £10m for him I'd take it. Never going to be that value ever again. He's being found out.

There is an argument here to say, this is par, we should win the first couple of games and probably Liverpool are a better team than us.

I am not going to excuse some elements of the performance because we let in weak goals, we didn't use possession well enough and there were times where we were horribly exposed.

What do we realistically expect, somewhere top 6ish? Liverpool are looking a bit more top 3-4ish, they have an established squad and real pace, we have something,a midfield that isn't quite dangerous enough and hasn't yet found it's balance, a striker who can be great but was isolated and ineffective today. A backline who have played 2 premier games together so far Kaboul lacking fitness and some very half arsed clearances from all of them including Lloris.

We're not quite at the races yet, we'll know within the next few weeks and months where we honestly should be but it's stupidly soon to draw any conclusions on our squad or manager.

Oh but Arseface you were so sure we would win!

I might not be very good at using the google machine but I have forgotten more about football than you will ever know...

Never doubt me you you braai muching, "kiffer" hating, khaki wearing, lego building, internet trolling, springbok cunt.

Newbie poster, so please be gentle.

Today I thought the problems of last year came back to haunt us big style. The team was simply lost when it got into the final third of the pitch. Little movement and play slowed down, that allowed the Scousers to get back and simply outnumber us. Rose looked like the Danny Rose of last year, Eriksen was almost invisible, and when I saw Townsend coming on, I knew the game was up. Bentaleb still confuses me how he gets in ahead of Dembele.

We need another striker anyway, but we desperately need a big animal up front, one who get stick the ball away on a regular basis and who can hold up play to bring others in. A Negredo/Dzeko/Costa style player. Also I think the strongest team doesn't include Rose, Bentaleb, Kaboul.

Could be an important day tomorrow.

Three games in WHL was booing AVB. Now we've got a thread plastering Poch three games in. Quick learners everywhere in this fanbase.
The OP isn't plastering Poch (apart from Paulinho's omission) - but Levy needs to back him in the last few days of transfer activity in order to improve key areas in our squad. Some players simply aren't good enough, mate - time to face the music.

So - if Poch is (hopefully) here for the long run - he needs to be offered the right tools for his system else it's completely an utterly pointless.

In fact, you can get on your bike...
4wVL8w2.jpg

I don't think today was a disaster but people certainly got too excited from pre-season and QPR. West Ham was still a bit iffy for me, and Europa League proves nothing. The system will take time to bed in and we probably need to put some players down.

Back
Top Bottom