Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed. And quite easy answer:

----------------- Kane -----------------
- Eriksen - Lamela - Townsend -
--------- DM/CM* - Holtby ---------

* Sandro, Capoue, Bentaleb or Dembélé. Maybe Paulinho if he gets into a more defensive role than last year.

Not sure if trust Paulinho in a defensive role but yeh looks good.

My issue with ade is the he is an individualist where as Kane is like a young sheringham who can bring others in to play and act as a target man so for me he might suit out system better than ade or soldado.

Still hard to make an assessment when we had to play the bully cavemen yesterday.

Such an odd player. Big movements, slow, cumbersome and gangly. Not as strong or good in the air as he should be with his size.

Thing is, he has a quite decent football brain and often has very good movement, finding space cleverly. Through ball for Dier another example.

I am not sure he is PL quality. That is not just my grasp, as he has struggled in weaker sides too. If only he can learn to use his bulk and be more aggressive. I know he probably wants to play as a number 10, but really he needs to accept he is a no 9.

Not sure if trust Paulinho in a defensive role but yeh looks good.

My issue with ade is the he is an individualist where as Kane is like a young sheringham who can bring others in to play and act as a target man so for me he might suit out system better than ade or soldado.

Still hard to make an assessment when we had to play the bully cavemen yesterday.

IMHO Lamela should play from out wide and Eriksen in the middle.

Eriksen has probably grown into our most influencial outfield player at all. Let us not ruin him by moving him to make place for inferior players.

If Lamela, Chadli etc. can't play wide, they should be replaced by winger and wide forwards who can.

Looked so more dangerous in the 15 minutes he was on the pitch then Ade did in 75.

This sea saw opinion is bullshit. Ade scored in the last preseason game and Kane was being questioned. I was being laughed at for wanting Kane starting.

It's not a case of either or with Ade and Kane. Both should be starting.

Ade beat someone and got him sent off. So he helped in the general game.

medscaleCoaster-Rowntrees-Fruit-Gums.jpg

Such an odd player. Big movements, slow, cumbersome and gangly. Not as strong or good in the air as he should be with his size.

Thing is, he has a quite decent football brain and often has very good movement, finding space cleverly. Through ball for Dier another example.

I am not sure he is PL quality. That is not just my grasp, as he has struggled in weaker sides too. If only he can learn to use his bulk and be more aggressive. I know he probably wants to play as a number 10, but really he needs to accept he is a no 9.
He has only just turned 21 and already has PL experience. Therefore he will improve somewhat; I actually think he has a load of potential. I think he can be a Ricky Lambert type player. Dare I say even better (remember Lambert started late). Every time I watch him he seems 'better' than before; I am excited for his future (at our club).

He has only just turned 21 and already has PL experience. Therefore he will improve somewhat; I actually think he has a load of potential. I think he can be a Ricky Lambert type player. Dare I say even better (remember Lambert started late). Every time I watch him he seems 'better' than before; I am excited for his future (at our club).

Oh, not writing him off completely - just saying I am not sure, if he will turn out to be a PL standard player holding his own.

The one thing he does have going for him is the fact that the succes he has enjoyed has been in complete lack of any real strong physical ability (pace, display of strenght, quick feet), which means that he is likely to get better with age, not worse.

To add to the above I still think he is an unconventional no 9 in the making, which is why he IMHO should work on using his considerable frame more aggressively - I consider him too clumsy and with too hjigh a point of gravity to be a succesfull no 10

Oh, not writing him off completely - just saying I am not sure, if he will turn out to be a PL standard player holding his own.

The one thing he does have going for him is the fact that the succes he has enjoyed has been in complete lack of any real strong physical ability (pace, display of strenght, quick feet), which means that he is likely to get better with age, not worse.

To add to the above I still think he is an unconventional no 9 in the making, which is why he IMHO should work on using his considerable frame more aggressively - I consider him too clumsy and with too hjigh a point of gravity to be a succesfull no 10

lol bollocks, look at the replays, there was nothing clumbsy about that precise through ball he played to Dier. He has good technical ability. We would not be walking away with 3 points if it wasn't for the rookies.

He is a very smart player, but still very raw.

One thing is, I don't like him playing up top on his own. He should play on the left, replacing Lennon.

He is a very smart player, but still very raw.

One thing is, I don't like him playing up top on his own. He should play on the left, replacing Lennon.

Yep. He needs to play with ade. They are both players who can hold it up, head, strike, bring other players in and are technically sound.

I think Lennon needs to be dropped, Kane put up front or behind ade and we will see Eriksen and Lamela have 2 big guys to interact with.

Does seem like Kane is now ahead of Soldado in the pecking order. I did think he looked awful on Saturday....and then he played that pass to Dier.

Would like to see him start upfront v AEL.

Am a big fan of Kane, and delighted that as with Bentaleb he was given a chance by Sherwood, and that both have taken that chance, and are now part of our first team squad.

Hope to see Kane and Soldado both start in Cyprus, leave Ade at home for a rest.

Back
Top Bottom