Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know Barca are after two more CBs and Josep Bartomeu said today:

"All I can say is that they are names that have been agreed with (new coach) Luis Enrique and they excite us.

"For example, (sporting director Andoni) Zubizarreta already has the names of the centre backs although they are not signed yet as there are clubs who think their value will go up after the World Cup."

Anyone else think that this might involve Jan? I can't think of many other CBs that Barca would want and would fit the criteria of 'clubs who think their value will go up after the World Cup'.

"All I can say is that they are names that have been agreed with (new coach) Luis Enrique and they excite us.

"For example, (sporting director Andoni) Zubizarreta already has the names of the centre backs although they are not signed yet as there are clubs who think their value will go up after the World Cup."

Anyone else think that this might involve Jan? I can't think of many other CBs that Barca would want and would fit the criteria of 'clubs who think their value will go up after the World Cup'.
Well after last season I expect that his value will go up after the World Cup!

I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'm already losing too much sleep over other things for me to add another to the list.

He gave his all and a bit more...
858861247.gif

puked on the pitch just before extra-time
i hope he is fit for saturday and will destroy di maria
While this may look like vomiting I think what Jan is doing here is channeling Sandro for inner strength.

Wouldn't be surprised as they can't get either of the 2 Brazilians PSG have they were after. Vertonghen would fit in their perfectly beside Pique. Plus we're being heavily linked with center-backs ourselves.

Hummels fits Barca perfectly. I dont really think he is one of he ones whose value would go up because he is alresdy valued so high. Im taking Hummels everyday over Vertonghen and I think the asking price is would only be a 10m difference or so (40 and 30m ). I think Hummels will go to Barca and then its one CB spot open. Could be Vertoghen but thy have a lot of options.

From the official youtube account.

What's this then?

Some form of cryptic ITK?

Saw that before

Think it's just a test of the graphics, as the name appears in the right lower third of the video.

Just another fuck up to add to the PR sacking reasons!

Edit: Or Jan has made it to confirm he is most definitely a "centre back" and not a "left back!"

So, lots of talk about Jan's agent saying "several clubs are interested" and that Barcelona is keen if they cant get their primary target marquinhos.

Honestly, Vertonghen should see Hugo staying on as a good enough reason to give it another season at least. If he thinks he's better than us when Hugo doesn't - I won't be sad to see him leaving.

Shit might be a bit harsh, but I agree overall. His attitude was the problem post AVB. Absolutely awful in most games.

I might be exaggerating but his attitude and application last season left me raging on more than one occasion. Would be no suprise to me if he does go, he's completely shot himself in the foot with his tepid displays though

Verts going nowhere. It makes no sense from our point of view. He's said he's staying, and we struggled with the cb position so losing our best cb is something poch won't allow.

I believe there is interest because he's a top playr, but I'm not worried about him leaving. He said Spurs are big/good enough to realize his goals and ambitions.

I agree he has been average last season after his first amazing season.
His resolve has gone but shouldn't the club share the blame .
The promise of a club moving forward was an empty lie , the realisation
that any game changing player will be ripped from the team for profit over success .
A club that self implodes and rips out it's creative element regularly can not be a happy
ship, We have a responsibility as well.

I think Vertonghen like Lloris will listen to what Pochettino has to say before making decision about wanting to leave. He made the right noises about Poch calling him whilst on World Cup duty. He knows, along with his agent that he is still contracted to us, if he wants to force a move then it'll cost whoever wants him a fair bit dough. Levy would have guaranteed that at the very least.

Yes he was poor last season and his perceived attitude wasn't great. However would you be motivated if the person that got you to the club was sacked then a total chancer took charge of coaching the team? Vertonghen along with pretty much the rest of the defence were equally as poor. It's just he has been singled out just because he didn't smile or appeared surly. Let's remember up to the point of us losing to the Spanners at home. We had one of the best defences in Europe, which Vertonghen was a part of.

If Vertonghen doesn't want to be here, he can clear off.

I'm really bored with the players who do us a favour by deigning to play for Tottenham.

To be honest, I'd have thought Barcelona could afford better.

Back
Top Bottom