Steffen Iversen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of our players who got a lot of stick and still does arguably because of his injury problems and the fact that he played for us during a frustrating period during the late 90's/early 2000's when we were pretty average to poor. Possibly there was a certain degree of expectation as he joined and was dubbed 'the man to replace Klinsmann' after playing in the Champions League for Rosenborg who beat AC Milan so he got hyped a lot.

Personally as I was 10/11 and just getting into football and Spurs around this time, I was a fan of Iversen. When he was fit and on form and along with the respective stints of Sheringham and Ginola, thought he was one of the better players for us amongst a lot of mediocrity.
Scored as many as Adebayor did in his best season. Also got a couple of memorable hat tricks for us, anyone remember Sunderland away?

Also:

Scored the winner in the Carling Cup Semi Final vs Wimbledon

2 mins 40 secs

Assisted the winner in the Carling Cup Final vs Leicester, our first trophy since 1991.

Start of the millennium I think he was just utter dogshit.

I think everyone wanted him to do well, but were rewarded with failure on a monumental level. Even Soldado's frustrating "everyone hates him" season is prolific when compared to Iversen..

He scored something like 7 goals in his last 50 odd PL games for us, in a team that included quite a smattering of talent - including Keane & King.

I have fond memories of Iversen, but that being said he was quite shit.

Start of the millennium I think he was just utter dogshit.

I think everyone wanted him to do well, but were rewarded with failure on a monumental level. Even Soldado's frustrating "everyone hates him" season is prolific when compared to Iversen..

He scored something like 7 goals in his last 50 odd PL games for us, in a team that included quite a smattering of talent - including Keane & King.

I have fond memories of Iversen, but that being said he was quite shit.
He wasn't that good....

i remember him fondly although that could just be nostalgia talking as i also remember doherty and vega fondly

One of our players who got a lot of stick and still does arguably because of his injury problems and the fact that he played for us during a frustrating period during the late 90's/early 2000's when we were pretty average to poor. Possibly there was a certain degree of expectation as he joined and was dubbed 'the man to replace Klinsmann' after playing in the Champions League for Rosenborg who beat AC Milan so he got hyped a lot.

Personally as I was 10/11 and just getting into football and Spurs around this time, I was a fan of Iversen. When he was fit and on form and along with the respective stints of Sheringham and Ginola, thought he was one of the better players for us amongst a lot of mediocrity.
Scored as many as Adebayor did in his best season. Also got a couple of memorable hat tricks for us, anyone remember Sunderland away?

Also:

2 mins 40 secs

Assisted the winner in the Carling Cup Final vs Leicester, our first trophy since 1991.

I was there for the Wimbledon game and the pitch invasion after, shows how rock bottom we were at time! Like west ham celebrating as if we won league! He just didn't cut it like rebrov such a let down

He wasn't even close to being good enough

Very few good days (and he was no world beater then) and most of the time was one of the most frustrating players to watch in the 30 odd years I have been watching Spurs

I can remember Paul Mahorn coming on as a sub once (you won't find him on YouTube) and a chant of 'He's even worse than Steffen' starting in the Park Lane end

Also:

2 mins 40 secs

Some great goals in that montage and a few modern ones that is forgotten like the iversen strike and robbie's spin and volley (Henry who?)

The Anderton one against Leeds is one of my favourite's of all time though. Such a sweet hit.
However what I still remember from that game was one of the greatest goals we never scored. Ginola beat about 6 men from right wing to left edge of the box but his final shot was touched onto the post by Nigel martin.

Edit: tried to find the ginola shot on YouTube but only managed to find this highlights real from FOX. Listen to the guy's hilarious description of ginola's goal

Same guy then confuses the fa cup with premier league in highlights from our win against Wimbledon (Ok whoever wrote his autocue probably did to be fair)

We won the League Cup and Iversen went missing for a few days only to be found, hammered with a pair of prostitutes....so for that reason alone he is alright by me.

We really should insist on a sub-heading of *...IS NOT DEAD* under each of these randomly started threads'...
I can't be the only one who fears the worst every time a random ex-player gets his own new thread?!!

Back
Top Bottom