Ledley King Testimonial

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wish I could be there so badly but I might have just spent the whole time weeping about seeing Ledley back at WHL so it may be for the better.

From the official site:

"Darren Bent, Stephen Carr, Stephen Clemence and Tom Huddlestone send their apologies - they're unable to make it tonight"

"Glenn Hoddle has also been forced to withdraw for personal reasons. We look forward to seeing them back at the Lane soon"

No surprise that Bent is a no show. I mean Wiki reliably informs me that he has played 23 league games this season and looking at the return of 3 goals i'd imagine he hasn't turned up in many of those games either

Sounds like a missed opportunity to me. Plenty of Spurs fans around the world would pay to watch

Yeah, but the rationality against it is also rather sound. I suppose they figure if they make a stream available, less people might physically show up and this is a case in which the more people, the better display of appreciation for the honored individual. The game also features guys who haven't played a competitive game in years, it's much more conducive to their comfort and enjoyment of everyone there if they know they're strictly only playing in from of devoted and respectful fans of the club.

Yeah, but the rationality against it is also rather sound. I suppose they figure if they make a stream available, less people might physically show up and this is a case in which the more people, the better display of appreciation for the honored individual. The game also features guys who haven't played a competitive game in years, it's much more conducive to their comfort and enjoyment of everyone there if they know they're strictly only playing in from of devoted and respectful fans of the club.
Could release a stream last minute to get both, no?

If anyone can post pics and any vid here after the game would be greatfully appreciated

I have a mate who is going and will upload any good ones they have

Could release a stream last minute to get both, no?

Ideally yes, but that creates two problems. First, it hurts future testimonials because people will be aware of an included stream later. Second, it's a violation of privacy if you don't tell the players involved, or if you do it negates the second reason cited above.

Ideally yes, but that creates two problems. First, it hurts future testimonials because people will be aware of an included stream later. Second, it's a violation of privacy if you don't tell the players involved, or if you do it negates the second reason cited above.
Bit shit for me then.

Will it be recorded to watch at a later date?>

Bit shit for me then.

Will it be recorded to watch at a later date?>

I dunno if so or if it'd even be available to the public, but I'd like to hope so. I'd suspect they'd record it in particular for Ledley's personal use, but beyond that I highly doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom