New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rumours emerging that for the 2016-17 season, we will not play at White Hart Lane whilst this is being completed. We will instead play bigger matches at Wembley or the Olympic Stadium, and smaller ones in Milton Keynes.
I`ve heard rumours today about stadium MK being used for Carling/FA Cup matches plus 3 premier league games for some reason. Wembley for the rest. But as I say, rumours

I`ve heard rumours today about stadium MK being used for Carling/FA Cup matches plus 3 premier league games for some reason. Wembley for the rest. But as I say, rumours
Would make some sense - we probably need to book Wembley weeks if not months in advance which isn't much good for the domestic cup matches, then throw in a few smaller Premier League games where Wembley would look ridiculously empty and try to expand our fanbase out that way while we're at it.

Think Wembley could work but only giving the away team a big allocation, would be a big pull for alot of supporters I think.

Any news on what it will be called? Or a're we sticking with whl

Naming rights are for sale, so expect an "AIA Stadium" or something

On my game of Football manager a year or so back, they called it the 'Perryman Stadium'

Despite the man being a legend, wasn't keen on that

We used to get 50,000 into WHL with standing. I've been in those crowds and it was absolutely fantastic.

I'd like us to get the safe standing agreed and modernise our existing stadium.

Job done - better atmosphere and more money for the facilities, infrastructure and squad.

I think the new stadium is going to be like the Basilica Sacreda Familia in Barcelona - they have been building that since 1882 (coincidence?) and its still not finished!!!

This might happen ....,

We move to Milton Keynes but ENIC sell both WHL and the Northumberland Park development land to some developer. Or develop it themselves.

It's then announced that our trip to MK has been a great success and it makes business sense to move there permanently. Or for some technical or legal reason, we can't go back.

We then share with MK Dons, in the newly expanded 47,000 MK Stadium, bringing in more revenue than WHL, every week for ENIC. Plus naming rights of course.

Not to mention all the nice lolly from the redeveloped land in Tottenham, benefitting from massively increased value due to improved transport links and infrastructure. And no horrible, noisy stadium anymore.

Great, sneaky way of moving us out of London real estate.

If I were in it for the money, that's what I'd do.

This might happen ....,

We move to Milton Keynes but ENIC sell both WHL and the Northumberland Park development land to some developer. Or develop it themselves.

It's then announced that our trip to MK has been a great success and it makes business sense to move there permanently. Or for some technical or legal reason, we can't go back.

We then share with MK Dons, in the newly expanded 47,000 MK Stadium, bringing in more revenue than WHL, every week for ENIC. Plus naming rights of course.

Not to mention all the nice lolly from the redeveloped land in Tottenham, benefitting from massively increased value due to improved transport links and infrastructure. And no horrible, noisy stadium anymore.

Great, sneaky way of moving us out of London real estate.

If I were in it for the money, that's what I'd do.

Good job you're not a businessman then.

Charles Koppel did just that an destroyed both the history and value of Wimbledon FC in the process.

The club would make more money from a stadium, club value, ticket games etc from having a stadium in Northumberland/WHL than moving. That's before you factor in the business advantages of being in London, potential fanbase per sq mile, community impact etc.

Good job you're not a businessman then.

Charles Koppel did just that an destroyed both the history and value of Wimbledon FC in the process.

The club would make more money from a stadium, club value, ticket games etc from having a stadium in Northumberland/WHL than moving. That's before you factor in the business advantages of being in London, potential fanbase per sq mile, community impact etc.
I think you may have missed my point. In my example, ENIC gets the best of both worlds - 47,000 to every home game at MK plus the THFC merchandising, global branding revenue, TV rights etc etc.

Plus money from redeveloping WHL for other purposes. Or selling it.

Might have to pay a bit of rent to MK. Otherwise, it's a fairly low cost move.

By the way, I absolutely agree that the Wimbledon to MK franchise was complete bullshit and should never have been allowed.

And to be clear - I'm not saying I want this for us.

I just remember MK being mooted for a permanent move a few years ago.

Pretty sure Wembley can only hold so many events a year. Doubt the FA will go for Spurs v Sunderland when they could get extra revenue for a sold out NFL game or something similar.

Kind of ruin wembley as well for me it's the cup finals events, degraded the whole thing if we play week in week out at wembley.

I think you may have missed my point. In my example, ENIC gets the best of both worlds - 47,000 to every home game at MK plus the THFC merchandising, global branding revenue, TV rights etc etc.

Plus money from redeveloping WHL for other purposes. Or selling it.

Might have to pay a bit of rent to MK. Otherwise, it's a fairly low cost move.

By the way, I absolutely agree that the Wimbledon to MK franchise was complete bullshit and should never have been allowed.

And to be clear - I'm not saying I want this for us.

I just remember MK being mooted for a permanent move a few years ago.

MK was mooted for Charlton & Luton since the 70's but it was thought and proved to be suicidal.

There would be no guarantee whatsoever that they'd fill the stadium at all - people would lose their identity with the club and the fanbase would diminish.

Think how many fans defected to AFC Wimbledon. Of the StadiumMK (as it's meant to be styled for some pompous reason) capacity of 30,000, their average attendance last season was 8,612. I don't think that's anything to do with the league, it's like being a new club all over again.

Woolwich would be our rivals but it would no longer be a derby. We'd have to start hating on Villa & West Brom

There's no way we'll end up in Milton Keynes, but I do believe a "temporary" move to wembley will become permanent.Wembley at 90k can hold only a certain amount of events a yr but depending what tiers u limit, the stadium can hold 60-70k and have as many events as you want.

Back
Top Bottom