New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we have 47 000 ppl on the season ticket waiting list...pretty sure we would sell out a 58 000 seat stadium..

If you think can make 47k people pay 1200 quid on average to watch a
middling team then you send your cv to Teflon Dan.

Look at the revolts in the gypsy camp.

Well we are not selling out a 36000 stadium at the moment. Wish we were. The waiting list is meaningless at the moment.

when you say selling out what are your refering too? empty seats ? or unbought tickets? empty seats could purely mean ST's arnt rocking up, they still paid for there ticket though..

Last edited:
Most likely season tickets not turning up, but against Benfica we could not fill our ground. Its strange as Sunderland and Fulham showed as sold out on the official site, but why pay for a season ticket and then not go? Guess the club are not bothered as they have the money up front.

So unless we are playing another big club or we are in the champs league I just cant see us filling a 58,000 capacity stadium.

I would rather we redevelop the current stadium but we are far to far down the line of the new stadium delivery to re-think the current stadium. We could redo the east stand, that was such a missed trick, the upper tier is small and more seats could be placed on the shelf and lower tiers, pillars removed with a new roofing support, and with empty land behind we could re-style the paxton road end, I know this is aspirational rather than pragmatic but i would love to see a WHL with a 45,000 cacpacity that we fill rather than a 58,000 cpacity with 5 to 6,000 empty seats when WBA, Swansea and Sunderland are in town.........

Oh and if we redeveloped the lane then a dedicated singing section at the PL/East stand with relaxed attitude to standing.......

I`ve heard rumours today about stadium MK being used for Carling/FA Cup matches plus 3 premier league games for some reason. Wembley for the rest. But as I say, rumours

As I recal Wembley is only permitted so many "events" a year, and a premier league season would exceed that.
Could be a similar story with MK, and we are trying to balance a season between both?

New stadium: The last 5 home games have been undersold. Who are are we trying to kid?

Honestly it doesn't matter, imo the only way to get ahead in the long term is build as big as you can afford - if you don't sell out you just give heavily subsidised tickets to local school kids.........within 10 years your 100,000 seater stadium is full of people paying full price....

Might sound wonderfully simplistic, but it would work if you are prepared/able to take the short term financial pain.

The inside track (from someone who actually knows what's going on) is that most of the hold-ups have been down to Spurs getting a second opinion on whether we need to move out of WHL during the development process - as, for obvious reasons, they'd prefer that we stay.

If there is any 'big' news then it's more likely to be related to ownership because Levy most certainly has been trying to sell Spurs for the last couple of years.

As I recal Wembley is only permitted so many "events" a year, and a premier league season would exceed that.
Could be a similar story with MK, and we are trying to balance a season between both?

Those limits include 22 sports events and 15 others at full capacity. If capacity were to be limited to 50k or less, it opens up the possibility that other events can go ahead. There was mention made that the terms of these limitations were based on transport infrastructure capacity, improvements for which were in the works. A short term situation whereby Spurs play all their games at a reduced 50k capacity (Lower and middle tier), then the Cat A games at full capacity.

I am not saying this is definitive but I have heard this discussed as a viable possibility.

Those limits include 22 sports events and 15 others at full capacity. If capacity were to be limited to 50k or less, it opens up the possibility that other events can go ahead. There was mention made that the terms of these limitations were based on transport infrastructure capacity, improvements for which were in the works. A short term situation whereby Spurs play all their games at a reduced 50k capacity (Lower and middle tier), then the Cat A games at full capacity.

I am not saying this is definitive but I have heard this discussed as a viable possibility.
Cat A games at full capacity are you mad? We aren't selling 90'000 tickets mate. I doubt even the NLD would sell that much.

The whole point of the new stadium for me is that we will lower prices for many games, and then hopefully we'll get some of the 'lost generations' back to the Lane and also attract new people. Once it becomes easy to get a ticket and you don't have to be a member or STH, a lot of people who can't be bothered with all that stuff, may start coming back. Though if the stewarding stops people singing, standing, waving flags etc as now, probably many people of the 'old school' mentality (this includes young 'uns BTW) will still find it too boring and watch us on TV or not bother at all, as they do now.

I would love us to have a season at Wembley while we were finishing the stadium, but don't see it happening. We could sell 90k for a NLD, IF prices were low, away fans and 'neutrals' could take as many seats as they wanted, people could stand, sing and shout freely, wave flags, etc. But in the current restrictive, high price atmosphere, probably 50-60k is our limit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom