Anyone fancy an Easter trip to Dusseldorf?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not going to put the 1882 name against this, but there's a bit of discussion in the Youth thread about a possible trip to Dusseldorf over the Easter Weekend (18th - 21st) to watch our U19 team play in the U19 Champions Trophy. Our games are on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th, wih possible game(s) on the Monday if we qualify from the group.

I'm looking at Hotel am SpichernPlatz - it's just down the road from where the tournament is taking place, it's €40 a night for a single room, and looks like it would do the job.

At short notice, and over Easter Weekend, flights are obviously pretty pricey. The cheapest direct return flights from any London airport to the main Dusseldorf airport that I can find is £200. This is flying out on the Friday afternoon and coming back Tuesday afternoon. Overall cost would be about £400 for a long weekend away in a lovely city watching the Spurs! If you fly into Weeze Dusseldorf, the flights are about half that, but it's about an hours drive from Dusseldorf itself. Definitely an option though.

Would anyone else be up for this?

Last edited:
Fly to Weezer, there's a bus from there at its loads cheaper.

I used to live there so if u want any help , bars etc just pm me. The Altstadt is great

I was also writing an article about that but I was too slow. Düsseldorf is my hometown my mother and sister live just five min.away from the pitch. It`s a great tournament every year last year Real Madrid was here but they were shit the japan highschool won it last year. Ticket for all four days is 25€ . http://www.u19-cup.de/news-reader/items/vvk-der-u19-champions-trophy-2014-startet.html I`ll be back online tomorrow evening if you got any questions about our dorf

Not going to put the 1882 name against this, but there's a bit of discussion in the Youth thread about a possible trip to Dusseldorf over the Easter Weekend (18th - 21st) to watch our U19 team play in the U19 Champions Trophy. Our games are on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th, wih possible game(s) on the Monday if we qualify from the group.

I'm looking at Hotel am SpichernPlatz - it's just down the road from where the tournament is taking place, it's €40 a night for a single room, and looks like it would do the job.

At short notice, and over Easter Weekend, flights are obviously pretty pricey. The cheapest direct return flights from any London airport to the main Dusseldorf airport that I can find is £200. This is flying out on the Friday afternoon and coming back Tuesday afternoon. Overall cost would be about £400 for a long weekend away in a lovely city watching the Spurs! If you fly into Weeze Dusseldorf, the flights are about half that, but it's about an hours drive from Dusseldorf itself. Definitely an option though.

Would anyone else be up for this?

Just an aside mate.... all your girl problems you had, just so you know the freedom to even consider something like this is GONE when you are married.... GONE

Have a great time, for those less fortunate to be able to make decisions

Plus ironically met my wife on training in Dusselldorf, a great little city, perfect for a pissup

Heya. It's a 1 hour drive for me so I'll be around I think/hope!

It's a Ryan Air thing. I guess so , only they fly there but there are buses ready to take u to Ddorf once u disembark

We once were at the wrong airport for our flight to Ibiza. How you know this better than us baffles me.

Yes, we missed the plane

+ If you Fly to Weeze from Stansted airport you won't be paying more that 80 quid I guess? Depends on what day you want to depart/return.

Back
Top Bottom