Anyone fancy an Easter trip to Dusseldorf?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've been speaking to the organiser of the competition, and he's given me the name of the Hotel where our squad are staying. May go and try to have a chat with a couple of the players about life at Spurs. Would be very interested to hear from the horse's mouth what our youth system is like. Might try to get their thoughts on 1882 too!

I've been speaking to the organiser of the competition, and he's given me the name of the Hotel where our squad are staying. May go and try to have a chat with a couple of the players about life at Spurs. Would be very interested to hear from the horse's mouth what our youth system is like. Might try to get their thoughts on 1882 too!

not at all creepy

I knew about this a few months back and really should of sorted there and then but now just too late for me.

However, good news is there is another tournament in Holland on last weekend of May.....all aboard.

I knew about this a few months back and really should of sorted there and then but now just too late for me.

However, good news is there is another tournament in Holland on last weekend of May.....all aboard.

What tournament are you talking about? Please say it is the Terborg Tournament *fingers crossed*

Probably won't be, but if so that'll be crazy.

certainly is my friend. What do you know about it? I am intrigued by the potential craziness

I live right next to Terborg (3 min car, and 10 on cycle). Only a few meadows between it. The tournament itself is very good, loads of great teams with huge potential and attractive football.

Some huge players have been here, including some we all love, and ofcourse hate;

• Rafa
• Ledley
• Crouch
• Robbie Keane
• Gomes
• Pienaar

Full list in spoiler of famous players who have been here:
Rafael van der Vaart
Nigel de Jong
Wesley Sneijder
Steven Pienaar
Mario Melchiot
Danny Landzaat
Ryan Babel
Urby Emanuelson
Hedwiges Maduro
Johnny Heitinga
Maarten Stekelenburg
Thomas Vermaelen
Christian Eriksen
Daley Blind
Theo Janssen
Matthew Amoah
Nick Hofs
Michael Dingsdag
Stijn Schaars
Jordy Buijs
Georginio Wijnaldum
Leroy Fer
Jonathan Reis
Otman Bakkal
Sander Boschker
Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink
Klaas Jan Huntelaar
Thomas Ujfaluši
Bosko Jankovic
Shay Given
Robbie Keane
Olivier Deschacht
Mark de Man
Jose Manuel Reina Paez
Thiago Motta
Gerard Pique
Maxwell
Gomes
Douglas Maicon
Luisao
Paulo Henrique
Darley
Eder Luis
Leandro Almeida
Renan Ribeiro
Renan Oliveira
Ledley King
Peter Crouch
Fernando Gago
Emiliano Insua
Miquel Sabah
Alfredo Talavera
Hector Reynoso

Teams this year;
• the almighty THFC (will participate for the third time)
• Feyenoord NL
• Ajax NL
• Vitesse NL
• Atletico Mineiro BRA
• Cruzeiro BRA (champions last 2 years)
• Fluminese BRA
• China University CHN
• Mexico U19 MEX

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sounds good. Where's the nearest airport to Terborg?

When I'm flying to you guys we mostly fly from 'Dusseldorf Weeze' , it's a 50 minute drive from Weeze to over here (Terborg). It's a calm and relaxed airport. Not big, but border control and that kind off stuff won't take to much of your time. Plus, most flights are ryanair, and very cheap (aprox 40 GBP for a return ticket).

Terborg and surroundings;
Where do I start ... Terborg and where I live is located in the 'Achterhoek' (Direct translated; Behindcorner). Our stereotype is; " Farmers who drink a lot and shoot footballs from milk cannisters. We all have a tractors instead of cars, and our favourite pet animal is a cow or sheep"

Anyway. You can have a great night out in the near of where this tournament is held. But just for comparison, London itself is bigger than the Achterhoek region. It all are very small villages.

Don't get me wrong, it's all fun and all. But it's not a city. We do have lots of coffeeshops and pubs though.

If you need anymore information, feel free to ask.

I lived there my dear...

Plus I have a brain

:adebaehug:

Thanks for the support. If i'm ever in need of some brain, you think you can hook me up?

giphy.gif

When I'm flying to you guys we mostly fly from 'Dusseldorf Weeze' , it's a 50 minute drive from Weeze to over here (Terborg). It's a calm and relaxed airport. Not big, but border control and that kind off stuff won't take to much of your time. Plus, most flights are ryanair, and very cheap (aprox 40 GBP for a return ticket).
Sounds good, but a 50 minute drive would be a very expensive taxi. Would there be a bus / train from Dusseldorf Weeze to Terborg?

Play your cards right and Don Don will no doubt pick you up. :adethumbup:

Sure, I wouldn't mind picking you or a few lads up. Depends on what day and time though! :- )

this is definitely the south east london in me but 'brain' has a whole other meaning that makes it look like you just asked Furball for a blowjob...

Well ... Thanks for learning me this. Might come in handy when I'm around for West Ham I guess.

And sorry Furball man Furball man , please don't contact the forum police because of sexual harrasment. I didn't mean it that way.

Gosh ...
This really does confirm I need some brain
goddamnit, how can I say it normal then

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom