Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How have the 3 on MOTD2 when asked about 4th place just discussed Liverpool and Everton?
This happened on 606 on Saturday, too. Savage and Darren Fletcher figured out who of the current top four would finish in which top four spots at the end of the season. As though it was just the four of them to think about. Only at the end of the show did they sort of hedge by saying that they're not assuming that Spurs or Everton might not finish top 4, but that they only did out the fixtures for the current top four, blah blah. It was frustrating. OTOH, fourth looks more distant every week, somehow.

Coleman drives his foot outwards towards capoues leg and dives. The ball had gone. This is the sort of shite diving moden football crap that needs to be frowned apoun.

I said it was weak! The angle I saw showed Capoue no where near the ball, looked like Coleman touched it and was then felled - penalty.

Obviously Im delighted it wasnt given, but had it been given Im not sure I would have complained

This happened on 606 on Saturday, too. Savage and Darren Fletcher figured out who of the current top four would finish in which top four spots at the end of the season. As though it was just the four of them to think about. Only at the end of the show did they sort of hedge by saying that they're not assuming that Spurs or Everton might not finish top 4, but that they only did out the fixtures for the current top four, blah blah. It was frustrating. OTOH, fourth looks more distant every week, somehow.

On MOTD Mark Chapman actually said after our game "So how does this leave the race for 4th place?"

And the three pundits spoke about both Liverpool and Everton whilst they showed an image of the league table and then didn't even dismiss us as being outsiders..........they just didn't mention us at all.

It was really, really odd considering we had just played and won.

I said it was weak! The angle I saw showed Capoue no where near the ball, looked like Coleman touched it and was then felled - penalty.

Obviously Im delighted it wasnt given, but had it been given Im not sure I would have complained

I think the key factor was that Coleman wasn't in control of the ball or his own momentum - it just looked like he lost balance and fell into Capoue, but if Capoue hadn't been there the same probably would have happened.

On MOTD Mark Chapman actually said after our game "So how does this leave the race for 4th place?"

And the three pundits spoke about both Liverpool and Everton whilst they showed an image of the league table and then didn't even dismiss us as being outsiders..........they just didn't mention us at all.

It was really, really odd considering we had just played and won.

Screw them its because we have had 'the worst season ever' and Liverpool and Everton have had their best season for 20 years, thats the mind set of all of the pundits, I hope we keep quietly winning games for the rest of the season and pop up out of nowhere to grab the champions league spot.

Remeber Spurs crap season, Liverpool and Everton best ever.

Screw them its because we have had 'the worst season ever' and Liverpool and Everton have had their best season for 20 years, thats the mind set of all of the pundits, I hope we keep quietly winning games for the rest of the season and pop up out of nowhere to grab the champions league spot.

Remeber Spurs crap season, Liverpool and Everton best ever.

Thing is if they'd said "Spurs will struggle because they don't score enough goals and haven't picked up enough points from the teams around or above them" I would probably agree......but I think we were worthy of being mentioned at least!

Thing is if they'd said "Spurs will struggle because they don't score enough goals and haven't picked up enough points from the teams around or above them" I would probably agree......but I think we were worthy of being mentioned at least!

3 points of 4th, fuck only 8 points of the scum and they have the shittest fixture list from now to the end of the season. We are certainly an outsider but IMO we have a better chance than Everton.

Its wide open, business end of the season approaching and the so called star studded teams are starting to feel the pinch and their prima-donna players will cop the injuries and their commitment to their club will be increasingly looked at. Being written off is the best thing for us, get right under everyone's radar.

3 points of 4th, fuck only 8 points of the scum and they have the shittest fixture list from now to the end of the season. We are certainly an outsider but IMO we have a better chance than Everton.

Technically 4 points off 4th... Unless we're planning on winning the next dozen games by a clear 4/5 goal margin!!!

Back
Top Bottom