Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The club kept moving forward overall until it culminated at its peak during the reign of Pochettino.
He failed to win anything and whilst Levy let us down during the 2018 window, you can't tell me Poch didn't sign off on that dreaded window that saw us spend;

60m? Ndombele
50m? Lo Celso
25m? Sessegnon
10m? Clarke
Whilst offloading Trippier for 20m?

Absolute horror show of a window.

And the signings the next year also turned out to be crap who was to blame? Who made the signings.... jose?

Did that manager want the likes of rodon, reguillon, doherty, vinicuis. Im not sure all signings are down to the managers.

And the signings the next year also turned out to be crap who was to blame? Who made the signings.... jose?

Did that manager want the likes of rodon, reguillon, doherty, vinicuis. Im not sure all signings are down to the managers.

Absolutely. Some players are 'club signings' whereas some are 'manager signings'.

Reguilon looked like a package deal with Bale - club driven.
That was our biggest signing of the window other than finalising that terrible Lo Celso deal.

I don't think Mourinho had as much input as Poch on transfers. Gedson Fernandes probably one of his with something fishy going on.

Bergwijn probably his 3rd choice option from a list of better players.

We know Spence was a club transfer and believe a lot of the club transfers match that profile. Sessegnon I would imagine, Bergvall, Veliz, Phillips, Solomon, Udogie, Sarr, Gil - probably all match that profile.

Could very well be Bale was a club signing. Doesn't necessarily mean they will be good or bad and it's wise to plan with an eye on realistic future possibilities of managers moving on before players fully develop.

By bell end. Blocked gooner!!

Don't go around TYPING that people are 'dumb' when you can't spell 3 letter words or correctly use your & you're.

By by.

friends jerks GIF

This was the Steve Hitchen era - Chief Scout from Jan 2017, Technical director from Feb 2019, left the club Feb 2022

If you discount the window which over lapped with Paratici joining, our signings during this spell were :

17/18
Sanchez
Aurier
Llorente
Foyth
Gazzaniga

***No one***

19/20
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Sessegnon
Clarke

20/21
Regullion
Doherty
PEH
Rodon
Vinicious
Hart
Bale

An uninspiring pile of mid table shite.

Llorente the only one which stands out as a good buy in hindsight.

Last edited:
Winning trophies would do wonders for the clubs value. Yes, hand in hand.

I remember our own fans referring to the 1999 Worthington Cup as the Worthless Cup anyway, and the FA Cup was a completely different level of prestige last time we won it.
It's the big cups that would do wonders of inflating our share values.
We don't win trophies under ENIC, so can never do wonders for the Clubs value.
ENIC do not care about winning anything, this can been seen in the 20 odd years of failure.

That's an absolutely disgraceful, insulting gif to use to try and make you're point.

Shame on you

200w.gif

And shame on any sick fuck who finds it amusing, too
You already edited this post which is referencing incorrect use of your / you're with an incorrect use of you're.
Is that an attempt at humour? Probably not.

The gesture on the gif suits the farewell perfectly.

You already edited this post which is referencing incorrect use of your / you're with an incorrect use of you're.
Is that an attempt at humour? Probably not.

The gesture on the gif suits the farewell perfectly.

Using Downes Syndrome to mock what you perceive to be another posters illiteracy!!!

That's absolutely shameful whichever way you try and dress it up. There's probably many members of this forum who personally know people affected

I edited nothing relevant whatsoever btw

Last edited:
Did you mean "Down's" syndrome?
I hadn't noticed. There's no 'e' though. I noticed that.

Your post says "Last edited: Today 8:06 AM"

Weird thing to lie about.

We don't win trophies under ENIC, so can never do wonders for the Clubs value.
ENIC do not care about winning anything, this can been seen in the 20 odd years of failure.
We won the League Cup with them and I guarantee you they would like the club to win more.

What would you have done differently to not be a failure?

Yes we sit 6th for trophies won with only 2 pots separating us, Villa and Everton. Quite a gap from the teams above us 3, and quite a gap to the teams below.

Maybe its my timing of supporting Spurs from 1990 but I certainly saw us on a level with Villa and Everton where we have pushed on to a much better position under Levy than those clubs have under their respective owners. And these are the clubs I measure our relative success against more than Liverpool, United or Woolwich. Chelsea and City are different for obvious reasons.

Taking up supporting Spurs in 90 I could be told of the past 2 decades winning a few cups having a few players, but it wasn't live it was ever sold to me or I ever believed we were some kind of force in English football other than a very brief period in the 60s.
I started supporting Spurs in 1995 - but it doesn't mean I don't know what happened before 1995. Especially as my older brother, dad, uncle, grandad all support Spurs too.

I started supporting Spurs in 1995 - but it doesn't mean I don't know what happened before 1995. Especially as my older brother, dad, uncle, grandad all support Spurs too.
So you knew we were never a dominant force in English football too, but were aware of our past - like I had said.

We're 1/4 of a century into a period of cycles where ENIC employ a manager, the manager doesn't get backed, the fans get angry, Levy sacks the manager, and the cycle of hope starts again. There is absolutely nothing to suggest this latest cycle will be any different from the ones preceding it.

And accusing Spurs fans, going through the longest trophy drought in the football club's history of being reactionary is downright patronising, insulting and pathetic
This is your biggest problem….

You treat those 24 m years as if they were all the same and your metric (trophies) the only good season ww had was 07/08

As opposed to say 16/17 or 18/19

Context and perpspective would go a long way with you. It’s like if we finished 17th but won the league cup you’d be delighted cause ‘TROPHY!’

This is your biggest problem….

You treat those 24 m years as if they were all the same and your metric (trophies) the only good season ww had was 07/08

As opposed to say 16/17 or 18/19

Context and perpspective would go a long way with you. It’s like if we finished 17th but won the league cup you’d be delighted cause ‘TROPHY!’

You're asking for far too much in this thread, people struggle with context and perspective in here very often so much so it's almost as if they are desperately trying to push some sort of agenda, not sure. :sonhmm:

So you knew we were never a dominant force in English football too, but were aware of our past - like I had said.
I was aware we often won cups. Every decade, at least 1 major cup. For 50+ years.
We'd won one a few years before I got into it. We won one a few years after I got into it.
And then ENIC came along.

We won the League Cup with them and I guarantee you they would like the club to win more.

What would you have done differently to not be a failure?
You have no idea what their thinking is and I am not sure being successful would be good for a future sell on. Looking at the clubs that have been bought by unlimited money , I am struggling to find one that was successful prior to be bought,

Oh the" what would you do" argument. Its not my job to find a solution to the 20 odd years of a mediocre team , that is down to the highest paid chairman in the premier league, plenty of other chairmen have found the solution though.

I actually am not after ENIC to spend millions and millions on new players , I am just fed up with the countless attempts and different strategies employed , none of which have materialised or been stuck with. Going from Poch to Jose to Conte and now Ange tells you the club has no vision at all.
How people keep defending the running of the football side of the club is baffling.

Back
Top Bottom