Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur sat March 16th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ah a deluded Celtic fan. As a fellow Scot I can tell you that even the incompetent Nicola Sturgeon or Humza Yousaf could get Celtic to second place at worst in the SPFL. So winning it is only about beating Rangers. How many Celtic managers have won trebles, a few, so no great achievement there. What was his record in Europe, beaten by FC Midtjyland in Uefa CL qualifier, then 4th in Europa League group, then lost to Bodo Glimt in the Conference league qualifier. Following season 4th in Uefa CL group and failing to drop into the lesser tournaments. So not a great record to justify a big job like Spurs where expectations are high.
Not deluded at all. I realise that there's a massive gulf in class between the two leagues.
However there is also a massive gulf in resources, and I thought that even though Levy is a tight cunt, there would still be enough spending to enable Ange to make an impact this season.

It seams I was wrong, so what now? Change the manager, or give him another window or two.
I would go with the latter.

Of course we can, be in denial all you want.

Go see the Sonny interview, more looking mirrors, more sob stories from inside the dressing room and more room for improvement needed he thinks.

PS

Don't forget to drop your six percent season ticket increase cheque by Levy's office door, so that he can award these very players a big fat increase in the Summer.

Rinse and repeat.
Ange has already proved Cunte a complete cheque book fraud.

Whatever he said was solely looking to set fire to the place with one aim of getting his pay off, so don’t trot out that wanker as some sort of all seeing prophet!

Biss is just not his usual self anymore. I hope he can admit that. Or at least Ange can admit that by not starting him anymore until he finds his groove. The pairing of Biss and Sarr is losing the efficiency we saw in the beginning of the season.
I think the extended new manager bounce may be fading...

The Problem with Ange ball is that the PL has so many players that can hurt you if your defenders are caught up the pitch.
We saw it today, we saw it the other week against Wolves. Even these mid table clubs have real quality players who can expose you.
This isn't the Scottish PL.

I'm not convinced by it, if he can't adapt and bring a different plan he won't last
Ange is a self-admittedly football ‘purist’ believing in skills, holding the ball and creation of chances. Similar to other major football ‘philosophers’ in the management game, the key attribute is to control the ball and so dominate the direction by limiting possession for the opposition.

The general basis of Angeball revolves around an adoption of the Italian pressing game which had long become common across many top clubs in Europe albeit adapted and evolved. Generally requires the lines to move with each other and leave minimal gaps between the lines. Add in short passing and movement to stretch the opposition. Often seen as Dutch influenced but really a synthesis of styles.

The above is extracted from a Celtic fans forum. How is Ange-Ball any different from the Barca of more than a decade ago, Liverpool, City or Woolwich of today. Easy they had or have better players and a Plan B.

Can’t we just forget about that prick?!

Why. Because he spoke some home truths that sting your sensitive butt? Bwah Bwah fucking Bwah 😭 😭 😭

The 'prick' also performed a fucking miracle and dragged our team into the fucking champions league at the expense of our hated rivals only to see zero ambition in the subsequent transfer window and look at how the tables have turned since....you pathetic, squirming apologist for failure

The Problem with Ange ball is that the PL has so many players that can hurt you if your defenders are caught up the pitch.
We saw it today, we saw it the other week against Wolves. Even these mid table clubs have real quality players who can expose you.
This isn't the Scottish PL.

I'm not convinced by it, if he can't adapt and bring a different plan he won't last
I fully understand that, and if Anges' Celtic came up against Spurs they'd be ripped to shreds.
However at Spurs it's not EPL players v SPL players.
It's EPL vs EPL, which is why I expected Ange to do well , in time I hope he will, but today was a major set back

Ange Postecoglou on wasting the chance to move into the top 4:

“You can level any accusation you want. I get it and I'm happy for people to run that sort of commentary because it's meaningless to me. I don't see fourth as the prize. This club has finished fourth before. It's finished second before. You can throw all types of things at it, it's reached the Champions League final, you can throw all sorts of things but this club has achieved things. So fourth is not my end goal.I don't want to finish fourth if we haven't grown as a team and developed as a team. If nobody believes me then that's fine.

Part of the narrative is to push you in these kind of positions where you think that fourth is some kind of achievement that gives you something for next year. It doesn't give you anything unless...fourth would be great if I feel like we're growing as a team and we're creating something that is going to bring us success next year.But fourth is not our goal. It hasn't been. It's not my goal. It certainly isn't my goal but I get it from the outside, particularly in the Premier League, it seems like people push you into that position where you succeed or fail just on an outcome. I just don't think that's how you get success. Success is built on, I think, more tangible stuff. If we finish fifth and if I think we've got a team to challenge next year then I won't be disappointed.”

Back
Top Bottom