Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not always. If youre in deep sitting, dropping off ,youre not chasing back through or having to step out.less all out sprints up and back for midfield. Launching ball over midfield however i agree, does burnout front 2 as they have to do most of the chasing into corners and physically match the centre halves.
It does show how worried they were of us though
Burnout mentally is just as taxing as physical burnout.

When you're under constant pressure and forced to make perfect decisions in and around your own box, eventually you'll crack, if that pressure is sustained.

Burnout mentally is just as taxing as physical burnout.

When you're under constant pressure and forced to make perfect decisions in and around your own box, eventually you'll crack, if that pressure is sustained.
Unless you have a structure, confidence, and ingrained patterns which makes those decisions and passes go on without thought.

You do that four-five times and the opposition just gives up in their press.

That was great but wtf was that all about from Villa, some half hearted attempts at tackling and pressing, looked like they just gave up at that point.

Final mins of the game, 4-0 down and 10 men... Yeh, I think it's fair to say their focus had waned by then.

I agree. It seems at times though theres police on here who love attacking people who have different opinion. Esp on how we played first half yesterday. Some people come on here to have a moan as it could be there only outlet to talk about spurs. So what if they do. Its an opinion. Not gospel. Obviously personal abuse of players and other posters is too far or continuance of moaning for no reason is bullshit but its a forum.
Should we be like the dippers and be like a fucking cult where everyone is of same opinion

Yeah it’s a joke on here right now. Think it’s got worse since Ange as people are so incredibly sensitive to something even approaching criticism of him - even when it fucking isn’t criticism.

We’re already there imo. It’s RAWKesque.

PEH is more positive with the ball than people give him credit for.
Ask any Dane what they think of him for the national team.
Suspect a lot of opinion of him is based on watching him play for Mourinho and Conte alongside Winks. He looked good when Bentancur came, and the got injured and it was back to Winks.

Yeah it’s a joke on here right now. Think it’s got worse since Ange as people are so incredibly sensitive to something even approaching criticism of him - even when it fucking isn’t criticism.

No it isn't.

There might be one or two one here like that, but to compare us to RAWK just because you've had your opinion challenged?

That argument is the fallback of the unimaginative. Screaming 'cult' when your opinion is exposed as wrong is peurile.

Nonsense. As someone said above, you're entitled to post your views/opinions...

And people are allowed to challenge those views.

Post an opinion? Fine. But be prepared to be challenged over it. Simple as that. Seems to me that you're the one being incredibly sensitive. You posted some guff about the first half and rightly got called out/corrected on it. Deal with it.

Post an opinion? Fine. But be prepared to be challenged over it. Simple as that. Seems to me that you're the one being incredibly sensitive. You posted some guff about the first half and rightly got called out/corrected on it. Deal with it.

You don't challenge people's views, you act like a compete wet wipe thread police cunt when someone brings up a concern that they might have with the club, the managers or the players.

Even me as a "happy clapper" can see that you become an insufferable emotional mess when when someone says something tinged with a hint of negativity you lose your damn mind and throw your toys out the pram.

No it isn't.

There might be one or two one here like that, but to compare us to RAWK just because you've had your opinion challenged?

That argument is the fallback of the unimaginative. Screaming 'cult' when your opinion is exposed as wrong is peurile.

Yep. RAWK.

It’s the fallback of truth. The amount of gooner allegations thrown about because people aren’t happy clappy or want to analyse a match differently is insane.

The media paranoia and ref blaming are other aspects which are making it more RAWK-like. A constant stream of woe is us atm.

Nope, I posted something correct. People still don’t actually grasp what I said and still think I was calling the entire game a tactical masterclass or suggesting we weren’t good. I can’t help it if people struggle with comprehension or jump to conclusions rather than actually reading what was posted.

‘You don’t enjoy the win’ or ‘gooner!’ because I think Emery’s approach was working (it was, we had 0.02 xG first half they had 0.62, and the best opening of the game) is insane.

Second half after 1-0 they collapsed as a side and we were wonderful - esp. going forward. Some of our decision making was awesome. Correct passes and clinical finishes every single time.

Emery adjusts to opponents. I think you can see exactly why he adjusted to us when you see what happened when they were forced to press and push up. They got murdered. We are NOT a team you do that with unless you have a talent advantage (e.g City or Liverpool).

The only time we’ve seen teams take it to us and be successful are when we’ve had players missing across the team. We were at near dull strength.

Nope, I posted something correct. People still don’t actually grasp what I said and still think I was calling the entire game a tactical masterclass or suggesting we weren’t good. I can’t help it if people struggle with comprehension or jump to conclusions rather than actually reading what was posted.

‘You don’t enjoy the win’ or ‘gooner!’ because I think Emery’s approach was working (it was, we had 0.02 xG first half they had 0.62, and the best opening of the game) is insane.

Second half after 1-0 they collapsed as a side and we were wonderful - esp. going forward. Some of our decision making was awesome. Correct passes and clinical finishes every single time.

Emery adjusts to opponents. I think you can see exactly why he adjusted to us when you see what happened when they were forced to press and push up. They got murdered. We are NOT a team you do that with unless you have a talent advantage (e.g City or Liverpool).

You posted an opinion which you have every right to do. I, and many others, don't agree with you and you got challenged on it.

Nothing more, nothing less. That doesn't make this place 'Rawk-like'

Aside from 15 minutes in the first half, we were in total control of that game.

Boy, YOU tried to cause a cunt off over a bowl of porridge because you are thick as fuck and incapable of reading the tone of people's posts, and half the forum called your whiny bitch ass out about it.

My strong suggestion to you is that you delete your account, because nobody on this forum has a modicum of respect for you or your nonsense.

Now quit stalking me all over the forum, because the next time you do it, there's going to be consequences which you will most certainly not enjoy.

Everybody here thinks you're a cunt, and you have no friends.

I suggest you take a long hard look at yourself and give serious consideration to having a complete personality transplant.

Now shut the fuck up you whining, moaning, gutless, brainless, jobless, friendless, thoughtless little gooner rodent. You're on your last fucking chance, and not just with me.

Ok but why do you keep telling people to delete their account? In fact has anyone actually deleted their account as a result of your threat?

You act like you're an admin but you don't have any powers, basically the equivalent of Community Support on here 😆

Then prehaps it was Saturday when agreeing with the bloke said we were going to get beat. Thing is it the numerals in the name there's a few of ya'll. So if I've maligned you unfairly I apologise.

1882 1882 mate it wasn't you it was the other one just checked. Him and Brian Fantana were very certain they'd kill us, because because...I don't know. Because they'd beat our D team...JUST.

:mourbye:

I thought they'd beat us yes, but they couldnt handle us. I happily apologised for my folly in the match thread at the end of the game. Should have had more faith and was absolutely delighted to be wrong.

Ok but why do you keep telling people to delete their account? In fact has anyone actually deleted their account as a result of your threat?

You act like you're an admin but you don't have any powers, basically the equivalent of Community Support on here 😆

Yes they have.

You act like an ignorant, know-nothing cunt, and in fairness, you achieve that. Fair play.

I genuinely (and I 10000% mean this) pity your existence. Sorry bro, hope things get better for you.

Oh, and delete your account.

Aside from 15 minutes in the first half, we were in total control of that game.

Yep. I agree. I posted the fact we had control throughout numerous times.

First half we had control but no threat. Which Emery/Villa were likely comfy with. They had no control but the most interesting breaks.

Going 1-0 down changed that because suddenly they were flapping and then we did really fucking well to stick the knife in for 2.

Our quality in terms of building up and not being caught like they were and our quality in making good decisions in the final third was night and day to them.

I think we saw exactly why Emery was scared to open up as soon as they did. They were picked off.

Yep. I agree. I posted the fact we had control throughout numerous times.

First half we had control but no threat. Which Emery/Villa were likely comfy with. They had no control but the most interesting breaks.

Going 1-0 down changed that because suddenly they were flapping and then we did really fucking well to stick the knife in for 2.

Our quality in terms of building up and not being caught like they were and our quality in making good decisions in the final third was night and day to them.

I think we saw exactly why Emery was scared to open up as soon as they did. They were picked off.

I did say we didn't threaten much in the first half. But we did control the ball/play for the most part, Villa got tired, and we capitalised on that with a banging second half display.

TBH it doesn't sound like we're far apart in our opinions, except I don't agree this place is anything like that vile RAWK place.

:harrylol:

I thought they'd beat us yes, but they couldnt handle us. I happily apologised for my folly in the match thread at the end of the game. Should have had more faith and was absolutely delighted to be wrong.

Why? Will we be picking out people for over optimistic posts in future?

You had an opinion .. it was wrong. Next week you’ll have one and it’ll be right. Big deal.

Back
Top Bottom