Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

wingers in the main were terrible

Son very poor all game

nobody created any chances

the only crosses for the most part came in from Ben D

I'm not sure Kane would have done much today with how the rest of the team played

Don't be silly Richie is prime r9 we don't need to upgrade

People just need to be honest with themselves about Richy and not get sucked into the storyline or the player.

I don't think everything is on him today but he is a problem when it comes to making the ball stick and lay it off to his teammates, he's just very sloppy and careless with the ball.

I like Richie. He works his balls off and he’s been playing well recently.

He’s not good enough to be a regular starter for us. He’s not technically good enough. The jump from 4th/5th to title contender is likely as wide as the relegation zone to where we are placed.

We just need much better players in attack.

I like Richie. He works his balls off and he’s been playing well recently.

He’s not good enough to be a regular starter for us. He’s not technically good enough. The jump from 4th/5th to title contender is likely as wide as the relegation zone to where we are placed.

We just need much better players in attack.
The problem is if he’s not a regular starter I don’t think he has the technical ability to come in and be an impact player. His only decent form for us has come when he’s had a run of consecutive games no matter how he plays.

I think he’s a starter for a mid table team which is what we’re trying not to be. Supposedly anyway.

Players are allowed to have off days after performing so well for a large stretch.

Will be interesting to see how he does against Palace in our next game. Two weeks will hopefully do the team a world of good.

Players are allowed to have off days after performing so well for a large stretch.

Will be interesting to see how he does against Palace in our next game. Two weeks will hopefully do the team a world of good.
Absolutely. I have no issue with his dedication or form. I just don’t think he offers us what we desperately need.

We’re so blunt at the moment. There’s no invention or deft movement around the box. All our opposition have to worry about is whether Son is going to have one of his one in three games where he’s on it.

Large stretch? He’s had about 10 games where he hasn’t been shit.

Fuck me, if this the standard we aspire to, we’re truly fucked.

Absolutely. I have no issue with his dedication or form. I just don’t think he offers us what we desperately need.

We’re so blunt at the moment. There’s no invention or deft movement around the box. All our opposition have to worry about is whether Son is going to have one of his one in three games where he’s on it.

We obviously need to upgrade and tbh we will in the summer in my opinion.

But reactions today towards his performance are just typical Tottenham. Fans just waiting to get on his back after 10 games of not being able to do so.

He was no worse than Maddison today. Who as our creative outlet was diabolical. In fact, I'd argue we've looked worse since Maddison has come back into the team tbh, but say it quietly eh!

We obviously need to upgrade and tbh we will in the summer in my opinion.

But reactions today towards his performance are just typical Tottenham. Fans just waiting to get on his back after 10 games of not being able to do so.

He was no worse than Maddison today. Who as our creative outlet was diabolical. In fact, I'd argue we've looked worse since Maddison has come back into the team tbh, but say it quietly eh!
Maddison has been terrible since coming back. The difference is, we know what he’s capable of, so waiting is all we can do.

Richie is the epitome of a mid-table striker. Good in the air and chases everything down. But he’s got nothing outside the box, zero acceleration, never really finds himself in space and is technically lacking. But I like him and I hope he improves.

I also don’t think we will upgrade on him and that’s the problem. But it’s also a different conversation.

Maddison has been terrible since coming back. The difference is, we know what he’s capable of, so waiting is all we can do.

Richie is the epitome of a mid-table striker. Good in the air and chases everything down. But he’s got nothing outside the box, zero acceleration, never really finds himself in space and is technically lacking. But I like him and I hope he improves.

I also don’t think we will upgrade on him and that’s the problem. But it’s also a different conversation.

View: https://twitter.com/georgebann/status/1758951368558104818?t=9Geibb8giEKhaojOY6XFjw&s=19

He'll be gone in the summer, imo.

Richy's a good lad and I'm sure everyone's got a soft spot for him, but he needs moving on if he's not going to want a spot on the bench. I really don't blame him at all, just not a good fit with the players that we have and the playing style Ange is trying to cultivate.

Back
Top Bottom