Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So that means even IF Maddison can start *big if

One of Skipp/Hojb has to play…

If Maddison can’t start…. Both play.

scared scooby doo GIF by Boomerang Official
Nope. Kulu at 10.

He has no place against Brentford anyway.

ManCity is where we really needed him. But like he almost always has, he let's us down.

Time to cash in.
Cash in with who?

Low-ball offers only from here on in. Apparently, Ange/club hierarchy don’t want to get rid of GLC for nothing - Not entirely clear but it seems we can’t get Barca to even pay his full wages in a loan deal.

View: https://twitter.com/LastWordOnSpurs/status/1750134951180153342?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Last edited:
Cash in with who?

Low-ball offers only from here on in. Apparently, Ange doesn’t want to get rid for nothing - sounds like we can’t even Barca to pay his full wages in a loan deal.

View: https://twitter.com/LastWordOnSpurs/status/1750134951180153342?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Not with Barca for sure; they never really wanted him, despite what people said. They would have taken him on loan without obligation to buy and us covering part of wages most likely. That is basically charity.

I hope there is someone who is actually willing to buy him for like 15 million (absolute max we could dream of) either in Jan or summer.

Not with Barca for sure; they never really wanted him, despite what people said. They would have taken him on loan without obligation to buy and us covering part of wages most likely. That is basically charity.

I hope there is someone who is actually willing to buy him for like 15 million (absolute max we could dream of) either in Jan or summer.
Would bite your hand off for 15M - but no one is going to pay us anything for GLC unless he can stay healthy and get a good run games. This now seems very unlikely with Madders/Benta getting healthy and AfCon winding down. This period right now is his window and he is missing it cause he’s hurt again. Real shame.

Unfortunately can’t see anyone giving us even a shilling for GLC in the summer with only 12 months left on his contract.

Last edited:
Sooo....where is the "I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO" gang now who were bragging and explaining that doubters were so wrong, and how Lo Celso has proven what a useful player he is and so on and so on?

Again - Sarr just returning, Biss still away. Who is nowhere to be seen? GLC!

23 rounds of EPL after upcoming game, 411 minutes contributed.

Should have just wrapped him into cotton after 31.12 game and sold him to best bidder by the end of first week of January.

Sooo....where is the "I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO" gang now who were bragging and explaining that doubters were so wrong, and how Lo Celso has proven what a useful player he is and so on and so on?

Again - Sarr just returning, Biss still away. Who is nowhere to be seen? GLC!

23 rounds of EPL after upcoming game, 411 minutes contributed.

Should have just wrapped him into cotton after 31.12 game and sold him to best bidder by the end of first week of January.
God you're a bore on this topic, it's nice that you've quietly transitioned away from your initial argument that he wasn't a talented player, and are now solely focused on his injury troubles.

Bonus points to you for taking such glee in one of our players being injured, well done you.

Would bite your hand off for 15M - but no one is going to pay us anything for GLC unless he can stay healthy and get a good run games. This now seems very unlikely with Madders/Benta getting healthy and AfCon winding down. This period right now is his window and he is missing it cause he’s hurt again. Real shame.

Unfortunately can’t see anyone giving us even a shilling for GLC in the summer with only 12 months left on his contract.

Sad but true..... He briefly showed he had the ability to be who we needed him to be this season, but he's made of weetabix.

It's not his fault for being susceptible to injuries but it does mean we can't rely on him at all.

Plus I think there's some justifiable negativity towards him after the way he seemed to use the club as a holiday resort in between games for Argentina.

Talented but about as reliable as a chocolate kettle.

It's not his fault for being susceptible to injuries but it does mean we can't rely on him at all.

Plus I think there's some justifiable negativity towards him after the way he seemed to use the club as a holiday resort in between games for Argentina.

Talented but about as reliable as a chocolate kettle.

From the outside it looks like that Argentina squad is almost a bit cult like. Messi is basically a god in Argentina. If they ask you to go, you go, even if you are a bit hurt. A club sees you as an asset so wouldn't risk injury, a NT has no risk to call you up.

In fairness, there is that same type of commitment starting happen at Spurs these days. Players wanting to return early from injury etc. We just couldn't match the commitment levels under Jose and Conte. Maybe Jose in his pomp could have got it but he never got it for us.

God you're a bore on this topic, it's nice that you've quietly transitioned away from your initial argument that he wasn't a talented player, and are now solely focused on his injury troubles.

Bonus points to you for taking such glee in one of our players being injured, well done you.

No fucking glee. Just pointing out the fact. I see you are not taking it well, are you?
Or does it work in the way that people like you who always have been wrong about him can come out and brag how they were always right after spell of 2 or 3 good games, but when normal situation returns, and people that have been right 99% of the time cannot point that out? Well, that is awfully convenient for some.

I can honestly say that there was spark of hope in me for a moment, regarding him. And now I feel that I'm being let down, so it is disappointment talking here. Why shouldn't I take it out on people that were gloating about me being wrong?

Maybe time has come to admit from you as well, that GLC always has and always will be useless for this club and is 2nd biggest transfer flop this club has seen?

I believe players like GLC and Sess, who are literally always injured, are probably more psychological than physical.
They feel a niggle and run straight to the team doctor and get signed off work for a few weeks/months/decades

Klopp actually said it about Sturridge once.

I bet he plays for Argentina again before he plays for us, Like i have said before nothing against the Guy he is clearly talented and makes a good rotation for Madders, however he is not fit enough to rely upon, if we could even get £10 million for him i would take it!

Back
Top Bottom