Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think he's the second coming at all.

I just posted some factual information.

So did I. Mines better.

His G/A per 90 was poor for a player who was getting chances created for him aplenty. He was actively wasting more than half the chances his teammates created for him at Chelsea, as per xG.

There’s a reason he got dumped by two clubs and a country with no strikers. He’s a massively flawed footballer who is useful in certain ways. That’s what we are bringing in. That is fine.

1- The only other time we spent money in the region of 60 million on one player was when we bought a load of players with the Bale money. We done the exact same with Kanes 100 mill. We brought in 3-4 first team players

2- are you insinuating that I’m saying it’s not a good signing ?
Nobody with the Bale money was £60m. Lamela was the most expensive at £30m.

The only other time we've spent more than £60m was Ndombele.and probably why Levy doesn't like doing it. 🤣

Last edited:
It’s actually laughable how he’s getting slaughtered and he’s not even put our shirt on yet but some still want to give players chance after chance when they’ve been poor for us over a decent period of time or even years and we all know who I’m talking about.
You are willing to give a chance to someone who has flopped in the past.
Oh, the ironing.

So did I. Mines better.

His G/A per 90 was poor for a player who was getting chances created for him aplenty. He was actively wasting more than half the chances his teammates created for him at Chelsea, as per xG.

There’s a reason he got dumped by two clubs and a country with no strikers. He’s a massively flawed footballer who is useful in certain ways. That’s what we are bringing in. That is fine.
That's fine. That's your view.

Personally think someone chipping in a goal or assist every other game is doing well, even if they are prolifigate. Both things can be true.

Johnson IMV is doing well, but he isn't half wasteful. Richarlison could have scored 0 goals in the last three games but keeps missing or is offside. Yet both throw up similar numbers to Werner's Chelsea stint. I'm expecting similar.

I'm not cheering against him. All I said is I'm not getting my hopes up and hopefully he proves me wrong.

Unlike other recent signings, Timo has been so bad we have all openly mocked him. It doesn't make you any less of a fan to have hesitations over him. If anything, it makes you delusional if you're all in thinking he's going to be great for us.
Didn't Chelsea get rid of Salah once upon a time...?

Just saying!

Sometimes a player doesn't fit a club.... Rebrov was AMAZING for Dynamo Kiev, I was SO excited when we signed him... but was probably one of the biggest flops at Spurs in recent times...

Sometimes, the player, club AND coach just have to fit!
Hopefully Ange's Spurs fit Werner to a T...emo!

A poor record at Chavs but:

bought by Lampard in his sacked season. One of the worst managers in the PL ever, in his worst ever season.

replaced by a very defensive minded Tuchel

during the time that the club was in turmoil with RA

I wouldn't say that with Ange we're in anything like those situations

That's fine. That's your view.

Personally think someone chipping in a goal or assist every other game is doing well, even if they are prolifigate. Both things can be true.

Johnson IMV is doing well, but he isn't half wasteful. Richarlison could have scored 0 goals in the last three games but keeps missing or is offside. Yet both throw up similar numbers to Werner's Chelsea stint. I'm expecting similar.
Have a look at Ivan toney... knocking around lower leagues for years..even Newcastle when they where shite thought he was even shitier.. goes to a team that suits his style and a manager he will play for ?...booom... no change from £80 mil if sold.

I find it hilarious that Woolwich and Chelsea fans are laughing at us for signing (in their words) 'a chelsea reject'. The same woolwich who signed Havertz for 65m, the same Woolwich who signed William, David Luiz, Petr Cech etc.

As for Chelsea fans - I assume Man City signed a Chelsea reject when the bought De Bruyne and I assume Liverpool signed a Chelsea reject when they signed Salah..

If there's one club that any player has played for and I wouldn't judge, it's Chelsea., a total abomination of a club that has ruined more players than all other clubs put together.

Last edited:
Toney has scored 12 goals and 20 goals in his last 2 seasons.
Goons will likely have to pay £100m to buy him.
How much would Villa want for Watkins?

Minus penalties, Toneys numbers are way less impressive.

Can definitely see them panicking and dropping 100m on Toney late in the window after losing to the dippers.

Can also see Saka keeping all penalties in the run in because of the Euros and Werner ending up scoring more here than Toney there. (Obviously if Toney stays at Brentford all bets are off.).

Throw a burger or a kebab on the ground, he wont go far.
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Can definitely see them panicking and dropping 100m on Toney late in the window after losing to the dippers.

Can also see Saka keeping all penalties in the run in because of the Euros and Werner ending up scoring more here than Toney there. (Obviously if Toney stays at Brentford all bets are off.).

There’s not a chance Woolwich spend 100 million pounds on Ivan Toney unless he comes back from injury and absolutely goes on a tear.

Point is we are giving a risk free trial to a player who potentially will score 10+ a season and who will only cost £15m and who we can give back if he ain't no good.

There’s not a chance Woolwich spend 100 million pounds on Ivan Toney unless he comes back from injury and absolutely goes on a tear.

They are shitting themselves about missing their chance at the title.

It’s not just us that can see the investment into Diet Pep and how they are still in a top 4 race more than a title race. Toney don’t need to get on fire, just a couple January goals and an assist as a tease.

Back
Top Bottom