Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Joking aside, I think this is a great signing. We get to try before you buy and at the same time cover a hole in the team for the rest of the season. If he does well, the £15m buy option is nothing for a striker these days.

Lange: Postecoglu has asked for a backup to Richarlison for the rest of the season

Mackenzie: Ok. What sort of attributes do we need?

Lange: Looking at the stats, Richarlison runs around a lot, presses brilliantly but couldn’t score
in a brothel with a £50 note wrapped around his old fella

Mackenzie: hmmm…how about Timo Werner, Leipzig tell me he’s available?

Lange: perfect!
To be fair, Richarlison has been shagging himself silly over the last few weeks...

Ange only likes players with a top attitude, and that's one thing this guy has.

Never judge a player based on their time at Chelsea.
They never played Salah when he was there.

All these are not filling me with confiedence.

Can't really judge a player until I see him, but if Ange gave the nod and it wasn't forced on him then I will give him a chance.

But in my head, I am screaming this is typical Levy move, we are pushing for a chance to win the league and he is take bargins rather than maybe investing in someone like Jota, who is also younger.

People have mentioned he is fast, but what is the point in that if he has no end product. We really need a creative winger.

Still Soloman was free, was identified by the clubs and have been very impressed with him, so I will cross my fingers and hope it turns out the same for Werner.
The screaming in your head doesn't come as a surprise.

I don't know much about Jota, but I looked up his stats v Werner. Apart from Celtic, he's only ever got to double figures (g&a) once. Werner has had 20+ in every season bar the last.

Based on that, what makes you think Jota would be a more creative winger?

How has he been since going back to Leipzig? If he was any good he'd have got another hatful of goals there.......and since they're loaning him I don't think he's been a success.

:edit: lots of injuries it seems!

Well this is a surprise.

Once I got over the extent I based my fantasy team around him a few years ago and what an utter let down he was then, I've decided this will be fine. Need some different attacking options.

I think confidence is so massive for players and strikers in particular. Werner obviously has the skills and talent, but maybe his confidence is lacking. That’s exactly where Ange seems to be so good though. Seeing some quotes from him where he basically says to the team “I’m telling to go out there and take some risks and make it happen, and I’ll take the blame” (paraphrasing) has to be so freeing and so amazing for the players. You know you can take a shot and the manager has your back.

I’m hopeful that this is a big factor for Werner and like others have said, Lampard didn’t know how to use him. If he comes good, and we buy him for €15m at the end, that’s remarkable. You can’t get anyone for that kind of money these days.

Back
Top Bottom