Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chav’s defending is woeful. They look like a team that simply isn’t being coached. Love it.

Don’t know whether it’s players egos, players not able or willing to understand or don’t want to, or whether Poch has lost it. Whatever the reasons, long may it continue.

Feel sorry for Poch having to go into work Xmas day to change those lemons over in his office quick time.

Merry Christmas December GIF by Creepz

Zinchenko is a fucking donkey.

White is orange.
...and Cilla Black was White!
These are strange times!

That'll do...
They beat us 2-1 as well (albeit in agonisingly last minute circumstances...)
...and Chelsea managed to beat us the possibly the most bizarre game I've seen us involved in since... the fucking "Battle of The Bridge"™®© that handed Leiectser Fairytale FC ™®© the title!

They can both go fuck themselves, but I'm gladder Wolves win today!

Chelsea and Poch deserve fuck all!!!
Even though he'll probably give them a fucking Cup Final in his first season.... But we ALL know what Poch teams do in Cup Finals...

Wasn't Potter winning the xg battle as well?

At some point you have to point the finger at the manager if your players are getting into good positions and not finishing, that's a coaching issue.

Is it? They bought a striker who can’t finish. Nkunku bagged today, maybe he will help.

They just don’t have clinical players. We’d be in a pretty poor situation this season if we didn’t have a clinical player in Son. It makes a huge difference.

And their big name CB is pushing 40, the keepers a bit shit, and James is a sick-note.

There’s quality in the squad but really big question marks too. I’m not sure many coaches do much better.

Is it? They bought a striker who can’t finish. Nkunku bagged today, maybe he will help.

They just don’t have clinical players. We’d be in a pretty poor situation this season if we didn’t have a clinical player in Son. It makes a huge difference.

And their big name CB is pushing 40, the keepers a bit shit, and James is a sick-note.

There’s quality in the squad but really big question marks too. I’m not sure many coaches do much better.

Ange is doing much better with that team, so is Klopp, Pep.

I don't even think their main issue is scoring anyway, it's their mentality, it's incredibly weak and they're so passive when they defend, I watched them against Utd and it was incredible to see how many times their defence was breached.

When we had Poch in his first season we were inconsistent but we were hanging on in games and scored a few late winners as well, you could see that we were believing in the project, doesn't seem like it at Chelsea.

When we had Poch in his first season we were inconsistent but we were hanging on in games and scored a few late winners as well, you could see that we were believing in the project, doesn't seem like it at Chelsea.
There is no project at Chelsea to believe in.

It's baseball style moneyball but badly applied.

But before that game we were already labouring with no end product. I think he was really lucky to be coaching Dele, Son, Eriksen and Kane when they were all at their prime, really cover up alot of his deficiencies.
He also has the Moose until a few months before the final. I remember him saying "if I had managed you [Dembele] when you were young, I would have made you the best in the world".

Poch, er.. Moose WAS world class. Most of the team were. And you won shit. But at least I enjoyed watching us.

Now, it looks like he might have been the weak link. I've said it before, but I just don't think he was smart enough to be a top manager. He was passionate, focused and experienced, but just lacked the intelligence to tip it over the top.

Loving it now that it's happening to the chavs.

Back
Top Bottom