Palace v Spurs - 27th Oct - 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair. It wasn’t clear and obvious to me. This is where VAR sucks. If it isn’t clear and obvious within 30 seconds go with ref decision
Clear and obvious is an imaginary line that they can draw wherever they want it to be to get the desired outcome based off the current situation.

2 camera angles clearly show a redirect off the chest and a 2nd direction change off what is 99% likely to be the left arm. A 3rd angle shows it could have only hit the left arm.

Both clear and obvious are subjective terms that mean different things for different people. The replays showed it almost certainly hits his left arm and that’s all that should matter.

Gotta be honest - and maybe it's just cos we still won - I'm ok with the 'handball' call.

I'd much rather they gave the benefit to the attacker.

The issues are the usual...

1. Took too long to decide - if it's not clear and obvious after a quick look at all angles then just go with the onfield decision.

2. There is and will be no consistency. Put that incident in three different matches and you'll have three different decisions (Handball, No Handball & Penalty to Liverpool)

I was there in the Palace end last night on the right hand side of the Holmesdale End. My best mate is Palace and only lives a short walk away from the ground. He had a spare so I thought fuck it, why not? The funniest moment of the night for me was how wound up the Palace fans were getting at the endless Vicario to Cuti passes. They fell for it every single time. You could tell Palace didn't want to press the ball but the fans were urging them on, and we'd then just pass straight through them. They fell into the trap every single time. Fucking class.

I was as silent as a mouse the whole night which felt weird. But fuck it. Three points are in the bag.

COYS

Gotta be honest - and maybe it's just cos we still won - I'm ok with the 'handball' call.

I'd much rather they gave the benefit to the attacker.

The issues are the usual...

1. Took too long to decide - if it's not clear and obvious after a quick look at all angles then just go with the onfield decision.

2. There is and will be no consistency. Put that incident in three different matches and you'll have three different decisions (Handball, No Handball & Penalty to Liverpool)
Number 2 is the real problem. It lets them pick and choose who to give goals to. There was a goal ruled out a few weeks (forest i think?) where there was a similar handball and it was only the player assisting who made the handball.

Top!....of the morning to you.😎
I See You Good Job GIF by Luvvie Ajayi Jones

I don't think Carragher was taking the piss out of Ange, he was taking the piss out of Neville, who originally said it. You can also tell by the Neville laughed and hugged Carragher after he said it.

If you watch the interview with Ange you can tell Neville is nervous about it being brought up. Good on Carragher doing it too. It was a ridiculous thing for Neville to say in the first place and just indicated his ignorance of us and the manager.

Richy’s pretty good in open play. That sweet nod from the back post down to Sonny, I think, was very clever.
It hit him on the side of the head. Watch it back. It could have got an assist that, on first watch looked good, but was probably an attempt at goal that he fucked up.

I made a joke to seat buddies at the Fulham game after he missed chance no.237
"He's pissed, he just tried to hit the floor then.....and missed"

I mean, how do you defend against that?

Probably should have fouled Porro in the build up

But it really was a fantastic goal. The baiting the onto us to press, to breaking the lines, the long ball, the silliness of Maddison and Johnson and Son just being clinical.

My favourite goal this season. Just overtaking the Son hattrick goal against Burnley

Maybe Richy goes like Sonny last year. Gets benched, it lights a fire; then when Ange brings him on as as sub he scores a hat trick?
They loved him for good reason at Everton, but no doubt he's underperformed for us.

Maybe he's a player who needs to feel like the main man, and now he's swimming with bigger fish that's hard. £60mil price tag also brings pressure.

Agree, bench him, and let him try to find form as a sub, with a bit less pressure.

Back
Top Bottom