Palace v Spurs - 27th Oct - 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was clearly handball from one camera angle and clearly off his chest from another camera angle - and this, in a nutshell, is why VAR is SHIT.

On a related note, amongst a crowd of dirty, fouling cheats, it must be said that Jordan Ayew stands out as the most reprehensible cunt of the lot. He got away with murder last night.
Totally agree.

The Palace goal, great finish, blatant handball, no need for any histrionics, we don't need to hear the tape, we're better than that, by a good 5 points!
Its not about being better than them though, Pool kicked off and the 2 games following they have had 2 penalties and a sending off for both teams they have played and escaped a sending off themselves- reason being VAR are scared to make a mistake against them again so they give them every call, where as us - Bissouma got sent off for a second yellow for a Dive - yes its a yellow card offence but they are hardly ever given, even more so for a second yellow! Fulham had 0 yellow cards against us and Palace was the same until 90 minutes and then they scored a goal that was a blatant handball!
We should absolutely be making a big deal of it, the precedent has already been set by Liverpool getting the audio so we should do the same , put some pressure on the officials to at least be fair with us as one day soon wont be so lucky and still come out with 3 points after an absolute blunder by VAR!

Last edited:
Just noticed our starting 11 were all 11 different nationalities and if you include the manager, that's 12 different nationalities across yesterdays team.

That must be close to being a first in the league.

hope that levy remembers the Leicester season when in the Jan we needed an extra striker (and should have gone for Charlie Austin ) any extra goals could have pushed us over the line
but Levy missed that chance and he will do the same again

Gotta love this narrative that it's all on Levy of we miss out on a signing, that's not how it works these days mate

How Dare You Greta GIF

:conteshock:

It was a joke man
If it were any broadcaster other than Sky I would agree with you.

But the thing is, there is always an undertone of ridicule with them when it comes to Spurs.

Let's not pretend that they aren't incredibly biased against us, they fucking hate that we are top of the league, even the cringe "home and away" segment before the game, it's not something you would have seen them do with the scum last year.

They are always condescending towards us, the constant "let them enjoy their moment because it won't last" shit is not something they did with the scum last season, despite them having a shocking season prior, why is it different for us?

Imagine them making a joke with Arteta live on air about how he's "just copying pep" see how well that one would have gone down.

Last edited:
So bloody nice to wake up on Saturday morning, sun shining, Spurs top of the league, very enjoyable thread to browse through and loads of good vids too. I’m even not too bad on the hangover front given how much I drank last night.

So much love and harmony in the club again. I feel literally no pressure on us at all this season. Let the other sides snarl and froth whilst we have fun watching beautiful football and great goals.

Palace away in the evening is a great away day despite the shit views. Great noise from our fans as always and a good number of Spurs scattered around the rest of the ground too.

We are top of the league - whatever all the other wankers do this weekend.

Up The Spurs!

So bloody nice to wake up on Saturday morning, sun shining, Spurs top of the league, very enjoyable thread to browse through and loads of good vids too. I’m even not too bad on the hangover front given how much I drank last night.

So much love and harmony in the club again. I feel literally no pressure on us at all this season. Let the other sides snarl and froth whilst we have fun watching beautiful football and great goals.

Palace away in the evening is a great away day despite the shit views. Great noise from our fans as always and a good number of Spurs scattered around the rest of the ground too.

We are top of the league - whatever all the other wankers do this weekend.

Up The Spurs!

Yep. You have to live in the moment and not worry about what might happen next week or the week after.

Back
Top Bottom