Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
Posted on r/LiverpoolFC on Reddit:

“We must have a lawyer in this group. What's stopping a complaint being written to the fa about VAR bring the game into disrepute. Especially with all the evidence displayed here. One rule for one person another rule for another.”

🧂🧂😋😋🤣🤣🤣

"Its never our fault, its never our fault
Liverpool FC, its never our fault...

The shit on the internet, Sky Sports, Talksport today is unreal, its like they never ever have a decision go their way.
CRY MORE Bin dippers!!

Posted on r/LiverpoolFC on Reddit:

“We must have a lawyer in this group. What's stopping a complaint being written to the fa about VAR bring the game into disrepute. Especially with all the evidence displayed here. One rule for one person another rule for another.”

🧂🧂😋😋🤣🤣🤣
Fucking hell, I actually want to see the Dippers get the next 3 questionable VAR decisions go their way just to see how silent these same people will be.

Newsflash Dippers, everyone is getting bad VAR decisions these days, just because one happens to you doesn't mean its a conspiracy on the scale of the JFK Assassination.

"Its never our fault, its never our fault
Liverpool FC, its never our fault...

The shit on the internet, Sky Sports, Talksport today is unreal, its like they never ever have a decision go their way.
CRY MORE Bin dippers!!
Honestly I have never seen so much furore over an incorrect decision in football in my life.

I honestly believe there wasn't this much over Lampard's "goal" against Germany in the World Cup years back.

Fucking hell, I actually want to see the Dippers get the next 3 questionable VAR decisions go their way just to see how silent these same people will be.

Newsflash Dippers, everyone is getting bad VAR decisions these days, just because one happens to you doesn't mean its a conspiracy on the scale of the JFK Assassination.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they do a minute’s silence at their next home game

Still makes my blood boil. And what about them changing the rules mid-season AFTER Dier's unintentional handball loses us those points against Newcastle (think it was)? Shit hit the fan, but it's too late.

It's still a ridiculous rule and I'm just waiting to see a player flick the ball up and away from goal at a defender's arm, right in the corner of the box, and then running into the crowd to celebrate their achievement of a pen.

...Oh wait, yeah, that's exactly what happened in the CL final 4 years ago...

Still makes my blood boil. And what about them changing the rules mid-season AFTER Dier's unintentional handball loses us those points against Newcastle (think it was)? Shit hit the fan, but it's too late.

It's still a ridiculous rule and I'm just waiting to see a player flick the ball up and away from goal at a defender's arm, right in the corner of the box, and then running into the crowd to celebrate their achievement of a pen.

...Oh wait, yeah, that's exactly what happened in the CL final 4 years ago...
The replies from Dippers in that thread are amazingly hypocritical as well.

There’s a narrative that Liverpool played with a lot of heart after going down to 10 or are some “mentality monsters”, in reality they were getting peppered and a world class goalie kept it from being 3 or 4 early in the second half

I missed the game because of a wedding. Rewatched it now

Thoughts:

- Gomez should have been given a yellow in the 5th min for picking up the ball and jogging with it when the ref blew for our FK. Richi had to wrestle it out and is seen remonstrating with the ref.

- Jones should have gotten a yellow for pulling back Maddison in the 7th min. Blatant cynical foul cos he skinned him.

- I do wonder if that weasel G Nev is a bit salty cos Ange mugged him off with the "I'm just copying Pep mate".

- Diaz threw an arm at Romero and should have been booked, later on held Romero back when he got dribbled past and did not get a yellow.

- Some of the pressing 11vs11 was excellent. As was the playing out from the back through their press/fouls.

- Pool's best chances 11 vs 11 were all on the counter lol

- Richi looked bright on the left and played well.

- Son worked incredibly hard, pressed like a madman and covered the wingers. Madders put in a huge shift too.

- Sarr is a one and two touch boss, he was superb. All over the pitch, tackles, key interceptions/blocks etc.

- Kulu did his 1 man ball retention army powerhouse wing play thing

- Jota should have been booked early in the second half for a cynical foul on Biss. His second foul of the game at that time.

Reading through the thread I really think many of you need to play some real football because the expectations are ridiculous. I thought when I watched it back we'd be quite poor based on the posts here but instead I just thought what a bunch of cry babies.
If a player doesn't have a crazy game with monster stats people say he was crap. Football doesn't work like that - no one has a 100% pass/dribble success rate. It also shows a lack of understanding what Ange is trying to do (e.g. people get pissy when Madders or Biss lose it not getting that it's their instructions to take risks).

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

Can you serve a ban when you're on international duty?
You know what, I'm not 100% sure. The ban is competition specific, and the Prem will still be playing, but I couldn't find anything specifically stating that it is waived until he's back. Plenty of players have been injured when serving their ban, so I guess eligibility to play doesn't come into it.

Back
Top Bottom