Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fuck Maddison, keep Kulu/Gil/Sonny/Troy...and perhaps look at that Iling Junior kid from Juve. Looks a real talent, HG, wouldn't cost the earth.

Have a feeling they want to do it because it’s a vanity signing. Shows ambition etc.

He’s a decent player but there are better ways to spend the cash. Like you said Iling Junior, that’s another option not even mentioned.

Would Juve let him go cheap?

Who said we are done as a club? It is very typical of you to make up bullshit in your head and fight with this imaginary bullshit and end up covered in it.

Maddison is currently in a league below spurs, the 8th placed team is clearly a step up, dumbo..Of course he has reasons to come to spurs.

Given the choice of Newcastle or Spurs..there is no real reason for him to pick spurs other than if we give him higher wages than a club in the CL ,or he'd get play here more often due to easier competition, or he is a lifelong spurs fan, or like someone else said, his woman lives in london. From a footballing perspective, other clubs can offer a lot more .

Newcastle are very clearly not chasing a Maddison style player,

It doesn’t even make sense for the way they play. They are really fucking vertical and direct.

If not him then who?

I’m fully expecting him to be the public #1 target that flops

If he’s not worth what they ask, then cool. But who is worth being our top target for LCB?

I think Hancko, Ignacio, Medina and Van de Ven should be the sort of players on that LCB list. I think Tapsoba tops them all but any of those would be a huge improvement (obviously) and really give us a good base.

Who said we are done as a club? It is very typical of you to make up bullshit in your head and fight with this imaginary bullshit and end up covered in it.

Maddison is currently in a league below spurs, the 8th placed team is clearly a step up, dumbo..Of course he has reasons to come to spurs.

Given the choice of Newcastle or Spurs..there is no real reason for him to pick spurs other than if we give him higher wages than a club in the CL ,or he'd get play here more often due to easier competition, or he is a lifelong spurs fan, or like someone else said, his woman lives in london. From a footballing perspective, other clubs can offer a lot more .

Maybe because you're projecting your woe is us narrative onto the forum and pissing your pants due to the state of our club every opportunity, I dunno perhaps drop glass half empty act and show some belief for a change.

That's great but the comparison is Spurs and Newcastle, not Spurs and Leicester so if in your opinion Newcastle as so far ahead of Spurs then why is he favoring us? It can't only because his Mrs wants to stay in London otherwise there's plenty of other London clubs he could sign for

For all your protestations about Spurs being where they are it seems like we still have some pull, what you're having trouble with in your head is seemingly not aligning with actual reality, that doesn't entirely surprise me.

There is no way we see Adarabioyo as anything other than back up, he is 3rd choice for Fulham FFS.

Fans on the Fulham forums reckon Adarabioyo will go for between 15 and 25mil, so we could well end up with him and Vicario for the same price Brentford want for Raya, which would be great business.
15-25 mil for a Fulham backup is mad money.

Yet since the link came through in the media, some are making him out to be a must sign, the new Carles Puyol, let's remortgage the go-kart track kind of thing.

15-25 mil for a Fulham backup is mad money.

Yet since the link came through in the media, some are making him out to be a must sign, the new Carles Puyol, let's remortgage the go-kart track kind of thing.
I like him.

Underrated imo.

Better than every CB at the club bar Romero and I could see him pushing Romero to hesitate on those long Argentina trips in case he doesn’t get his spot back.

He’s not the #1 target level but we’d be much better as a squad with him

Is Tapsoba all that good? I've been on the Leverkusen forums and 1 game he will be rated as outstanding and the very next game a calamity and it seems pretty regular that he has these wild swings.

Apparently far to casual in his play at times, both in possession and whilst defending.

I’ve watched a fair bit of him over the last few seasons. Technically good on the ball, reasonably quick, my biggest concern is he sometimes struggles to impose himself physically in duels and can sometimes get a bit outmuscled.

He’s very good in the footballing sense especially if Postecoglou wants a footballing CB and paired with the right player I think he could be a good option but he has weaknesses, and can look a bit flimsy at times defensively. Then again, most of the cb’s these days seem flawed in one way or another.

I love how people still take every link as being from the club.

Someone somewhere decides we should be after player x, tweets it, others retweet it, everyone gets excited, we don't sign player x and everyone hates our club a little more even though nothing is ever officially confirmed.

Is the standard storyline for 99% of the links in every transfer window.

Just enjoy/not enjoy the rumours but don't mistake them for fact.

If you get a name from Ally Gold and Fab Romano both saying top target or similar, there’s likely some truth to it at least.

Flipside is neither of them will be across every target. They were both being O’Keefe on Vicario.

I’ve watched a fair bit of him over the last few seasons. Technically good on the ball, reasonably quick, my biggest concern is he sometimes struggles to impose himself physically in duels and can sometimes get a bit outmuscled.

He’s very good in the footballing sense especially if Postecoglou wants a footballing CB and paired with the right player I think he could be a good option but he has weaknesses, and can look a bit flimsy at times defensively. Then again, most of the cb’s these days seem flawed in one way or another.

Isn’t it also that any player we can get has flaws?

Gvardiol doesn’t have glaring flaws and he’s instantly on the radar of City and Real.

This is the level we can go after

Newcastle are very clearly not chasing a Maddison style player,

It doesn’t even make sense for the way they play. They are really fucking vertical and direct.
Exactly Bruno G and is about as creative as you can expect from them in the middle.. Tripper, Isak and “the system” will handle the rest.

It’s got a lot of similarities with how Klopp structured Liverpool or even how Jardim’s 2017 Monaco team operated.

Exactly Bruno G and is about as creative as you can expect from them in the middle.. Tripper, Isak and “the system” will handle the rest.

It’s got a lot of similarities with how Klopp structured Liverpool or even how Jardim’s 2017 Monaco team operated.

Yup.

Tonali is exactly that type of player in CM. Win it back, move it forward as fast as possible, sometimes dribble it forward

Partially the reason why l left that site, wasnt even banned. He is such an obvious fraud and it pains me that they dont see it and believe his every word.He is by far the worse of them.
He was so confident last year about eriksen happening and when he didnt and someone called him out on his obvious no nothing status he threw a fit and the whole board and mods circled around him and protected him.
when ever a story breaks in the press you dont have to wait long for him to come out with some shit like, "ive known about this for awhile, can confirm now it's now public"
Cut It Out Reaction GIF
100% All he does is clout chase on stuff that's already out there and widely reported on. Even then he manages to make himself look like a fraud every time. How they continue to lap it up over there is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom