Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.

The hype is building perfectly for Tapsoba to be this window’s Bastoni/Skriniar/Dybala/Lautaro Martínez type.

There will be some completely valid, fully understandable reason why it can’t happen.

Pattern is way too familiar with ENIC windows. Maddison is the big “ambition” that can happen like Richarlison last summer. There is always one public one that flops.

Is Tapsoba all that good? I've been on the Leverkusen forums and 1 game he will be rated as outstanding and the very next game a calamity and it seems pretty regular that he has these wild swings.

Apparently far to casual in his play at times, both in possession and whilst defending.

There’s no wild reason, Leverkusen don’t sell cheap, apparently Woolwich wanted him but got quoted £60m so moved on to Timber. Are we gonna pay big bucks for him?
I didn’t say it would be a wild reason. I said, perfectly reasonable, fully understandable excuse

If Leverkeusen don’t want to sell for less than 60m, you’d have to think we know that already and also know if we’d be prepared to do that.

The only question left is where did the very public links come from?

It came across as you saying he was the alternative to Tapsoba, who would be coming in as 1st choice.

Nope. Tosin has always been back up for Romero option. He's better than every single one of our centre backs bar Romero so fantastic back up and for the prices quoted an absolute no brainer.

If we don't get Tapsoba. I imagine we'd end up with that Galatasaray player.

Is Tapsoba all that good? I've been on the Leverkusen forums and 1 game he will be rated as outstanding and the very next game a calamity and it seems pretty regular that he has these wild swings.

Apparently far to casual in his play at times, both in possession and whilst defending.
Not really the point I’m making. I’m not a Spurs scout, can’t really judge if he should or shouldn’t be the top target.

There’s no wild reason, Leverkusen don’t sell cheap, apparently Woolwich wanted him but got quoted £60m so moved on to Timber. Are we gonna pay big bucks for him?

we need/are more desperate for a CB than arse i guess. I think we have at times chosen to spend big on positions we really need filling. Porro, Richarlison, Ndombele, sanchez

we need/are more desperate for a CB than arse i guess. I think we have at times chosen to spend big on positions we really need filling. Porro, Richarlison, Ndombele, sanchez

We spent big on Richarlison when we were desperate for a LCB.

Public targets to start the summer were Gvardiol and Bastoni. You’d have to think we knew the prices we’d get quoted for them too before the links came out

We definitely need 2 new CBs and really 2 that are pushing to start.

Can just see this Tapsoba transfer has all the hallmarks building perfectly:

Public #1 target
Expensive
Highest priority position in the squad

Like the marketing link of the summer. He’s the one they’d like the fans to think they can get.
Sorry if I'm being thick but I don't understand what you're saying here. Are you suggesting that the club would deliberately 'market' an expensive top option knowing full well that they wouldn't get him, thereby leaving the fans annoyed? Why on earth would they want to do that, what would they gain?

Again, apologies if I've misunderstood what you mean.

I love how people still take every link as being from the club.

Someone somewhere decides we should be after player x, tweets it, others retweet it, everyone gets excited, we don't sign player x and everyone hates our club a little more even though nothing is ever officially confirmed.

Is the standard storyline for 99% of the links in every transfer window.

Just enjoy/not enjoy the rumours but don't mistake them for fact.

Nope. Tosin has always been back up for Romero option. He's better than every single one of our centre backs bar Romero so fantastic back up and for the prices quoted an absolute no brainer.

If we don't get Tapsoba. I imagine we'd end up with that Galatasaray player.
Since he usually plays on the right and is a similar price, I would hope Nelsson would be a Tosin alternative rather than a Tapsoba alternate.

I love how people still take every link as being from the club.

Someone somewhere decides we should be after player x, tweets it, others retweet it, everyone gets excited, we don't sign player x and everyone hates our club a little more even though nothing is ever officially confirmed.

Is the standard storyline for 99% of the links in every transfer window.

Just enjoy/not enjoy the rumours but don't mistake them for fact.
Your forgetting the old "putting tweet from pimply foreign petrol pump attendant into Google Translate" approach.

Offer them 35 + Winks or bonuses and walk away if they say no.

Kulusevski can do the job, we could spend 20m on Scott as back up and go harder at a winger with Gil as back up.

Or take the money Leicester want and go after Eze or another similar 8/10 from Europe.

Even 40m is more than we should commit to Maddison imo.
Fuck Maddison, keep Kulu/Gil/Sonny/Troy...and perhaps look at that Iling Junior kid from Juve. Looks a real talent, HG, wouldn't cost the earth.

I'm almost disappointed that our keeper saga has come to an end. Was hoping for a bit of cuntery on this thread.

Yeah true, Maddison must be signing for us purely for the bantz then

Maybe the likes of Maddison wanting to sign signals that Spurs aren't done as a club as much as you want to believe :thumbup:
Who said we are done as a club? It is very typical of you to make up bullshit in your head and fight with this imaginary bullshit and end up covered in it.

Maddison is currently in a league below spurs, the 8th placed team is clearly a step up, dumbo..Of course he has reasons to come to spurs.

Given the choice of Newcastle or Spurs..there is no real reason for him to pick spurs other than if we give him higher wages than a club in the CL ,or he'd get play here more often due to easier competition, or he is a lifelong spurs fan, or like someone else said, his woman lives in london. From a footballing perspective, other clubs can offer a lot more .

Watching some Leverkusen here and Tapsoba is good, but coming to think that he's really nothing like a 50m player. Does lots of positive stuff but tbh he's pretty flaky

Watching some Leverkusen here and Tapsoba is good, but coming to think that he's really nothing like a 50m player. Does lots of positive stuff but tbh he's pretty flaky

If not him then who?

I’m fully expecting him to be the public #1 target that flops

If he’s not worth what they ask, then cool. But who is worth being our top target for LCB?

Back
Top Bottom