Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bielsa didn’t manage in Europe until he was 55 or 56.
Obviously, he’s shit with no influence.
Espanyol 1998 (43)
Argentina 1998-2004 (43-47)
Bilbao - 2011 (56)

Suspect part of the reason he didn't do more in Europe and sooner was down to language

Edit.Yes I know Argentina is not Europe, but 4 years in charge of them not the same as managing Australia.

Man I didn't want him anyway, but if his appointment leads to more Celtic and Aussie fanboys on this site?

Fuck.

No.

One of RICHEST clubs in the world as some strewth fair dinkum g'day mate geezer is the best we can do?!

"Don't make me Ange-ry"

The background underlying that argument was the idea in Australia at the time that in moving up from the Oceania FIFA federation to the Asian one that their native community of coaches weren't good enough.

The A-League was created around that time and lots of foreign coaches were brought in on the idea of raising the level of Aussie football.

Ange got a head job in the A-League and came to dominate it, got the national team job and won the Asian championship.

He's got a history of proving people wrong. "Who the fuck is this clown?" is not going to be a reaction to his hiring that is new or surprising to him.

Yeah mate pretty devastated and we have a Cup final on Saturday. Hoping the players aren’t impacted and the atmosphere is still great to finish of an amazing season well.

I said in my first post though we understand the nature of the beast and I just hope Ange does amazingly well and you all get to experience the connection and the football we have in the last few years because it’s been magic.

I’ll just look forward to him slapping that wee fanny Arteta about now. Ange did inverted full backs long before him. 🤣

I know, what a tragedy, God knows how long it will before Celtic win another trophy.

:pocheyes:

Don't worry, you'll have him back before the end of next season heck, before Christmas even.

:pochsmirk:

The one part of your comment that was true was that Palestine flags sometimes fly at Parkhead. I have never met one Celtic fan in my life who's anti-semitic. In fact it baffles me that's the perception you have.
I was called a 'four by two' by a Celtic fan in the Old Smiddy in Cathcart for asking that one o the ten tellies be switched over from a Tic game to the Spurs one.
But in a lifetime up here, that's the only shit like that I've had.

Can you fuck off with welcoming visitors this way?

Seriously, you never contribute anything useful and I don’t see much of anyone on here that wants your opinion. Because you are always posting garbage. So kindly fuck off and go somewhere you are wanted because that’s not here.
He’s a fucking negative arsehole today. He hates Ange and has an issue with Celtic fans as well because he says every one of them hates Jews!! He’s lost the plot.

Espanyol 1998 (43)
Argentina 1998-2004 (43-47)
Bilbao - 2011 (56)

Suspect part of the reason he didn't do more in Europe and sooner was down to language

Edit.Yes I know Argentina is not Europe, but 4 years in charge of them not the same as managing Australia.
His time at Espanyol was minimal. He left for the Argentina job two months into the season.
So, he didn’t really manage a European club until he was 56. Argentina isn’t Australia but managing a club side isn’t a different proposition altogether according to the pundits here.

His time at Espanyol was minimal. He left for the Argentina job two months into the season.
So, he didn’t really manage a European club until he was 56. Argentina isn’t Australia but managing a club side isn’t a different proposition altogether according to the pundits here.
It's really, really hard to break into the European coaching scene if you're coming from outside.

Ange did exactly what Jesse Marsch did to find a way in: get hooked up to one of the multi-club global megaprojects.

Wonder if this is going to be a Levy special.

Gets everyone on board,

media pipping up,

start negotiations,

Poste asks for more power than Levy will give,

Negotiations end

Poste signs big new Celtic contract

Back
Top Bottom