Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

you litterlly have no idea about the old firm. All those sectarian songs sang by a minority?! Lol it's the whole fucking stadium when it's the old firm. It's two team based on sectarian points of view. That's their fans, those who don't want it hav turned their backs on them in recent years.

It's not an opinion mate it is fucking factual. it's almost hillarious to hear anyone denying it in this day and age. I lived up thier for 5 years and anything involving rangers and Celtic involved religion an hatred. Celtic have now loaded up on hating Jews.
I’m Irish. I’ve plenty of knowledge of the old firm. To accuse an entire fanbase of anti semitism is unacceptable. I’m not engaging any further on this.

Yea i noticed the only ones excited about this Ange character seem to be Celtic fans, Australians and Greeks. Its not very different from the Korean contingent who think Son is the greatest footballer in the world.
So the only people excited are the people who actually have first-hand experience of having him run their clubs and following him closely? Aye, if I were you I'd write those opinions off and trust the blind judgement of people who know nothing about him.

Ok I’m bored and this might be the anaesthetic

Tiring of a fried out conte
On a football trail head full of ange
We made a strange choice, it made us nervous
He took us in, his face ain’t gorgeous
And we sing
He comes from a land down under,
The football flows and Kane will plunder
Can’t you hear can’t you hear spurs thunder
You better run you better take cover

Traveling in a fried-out Kombi
On a hippie trail, head full of zombie
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast
And she said
… "Do you come from a land down under
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover"

Last edited:
So the only people excited are the people who actually have first-hand experience of having him run their clubs and following him closely? Aye, if I were you I'd write those opinions off and trust the blind judgement of people who know nothing about him.
Orrrr people try to promote their countrymen even when they are nobodies.

By the way, maybe worth noting for those belittling his achievements at Celtic that two of the leagues in which he's won titles have been salary-capped. This is a very different environment for a manager and really tests the manager's abilities more as it comes down more to their ideas, their implementation, and their ability to improve the players they have.

His Brisbane Roar side is considered the best in Aussie football history and he won the first title with Yokohama F-Marinos in about 20 years. They loved him so much there they made a range of Ange memorabilia when he left.

Yes, the Scottish League has never produced a good manager
I personally will only be happy with a seasoned, big name manager who's won loads of trophies elsewhere that will show others what a big club we are even if it will be a boring, short-lived disaster.
He is a seasoned big name manager who has won plenty of trophies. Has won 4 titles as manager with Australian clubs, 1 title in Japan with Yokohama and 2 title in Scotland. As an International manager he qualified Australia for a world cup, took them to a world cup and won an International trophy with Australia becoming champions of Asia. That’s 8 championships trophies, plus a few cups as well. This man is a serial winner, By the way if you doubt the quality of Asian football look at the last world cup. Australia, Japan and Korea qualified gor the second round and Saudi Arabia beat Argentina in a group match.

He's won trophies wherever he's gone. There's a reason people are so loyal to him even after he's moved on.
Richie Wellens. When he joined them , Leyton Orient were relegation contenders. Ends up winning the league next year. He's got two teams promoted. Hes only 43. Believesin Alex Ferguson's style of football.

But! Its league 2...Same thing with Postit, his wins in australia and japan and scotland, they really mean fuck all.

Having said that, I'd give a 43 year old more benefit of doubt than someone almost 60 still managing in scotland.

I can understand that criticizing and having prejudices about Postec is not right, but from here to his exaltation because he won minor trophies of useless championships...
come on, we deserved a better pick

Weird that some of you can’t understand what a massive achievement winning the AFC with Australia was. They beat Son and South Korea in the final.

It’s as if they only achievements that matter to you are ones that happen in Europe and then you wonder why Ange has taken so long to get recognised in this part of the world…

Back
Top Bottom