Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is a son of Alexander, Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Leonadis, Pericles ,
not
Rolf Harris
Postecoglou was born in the Nea Filadelfeia, a suburb of Athens, Greece. After his father, Dimitris ("Jim"), lost his business following the 1967 Greek military coup, Postecoglou emigrated to Australia by boat in 1970 at the age of five, growing up in Melbourne, Victoria.

The City of Melbourne has the biggest population of people of Greek descent, outside of Athens, in the world.

All these Scottish football experts, what a fucking laugh.

All those huge Angie fans, who love Scottish football so much, who are your favourite 6 Ross County players and what's your reason you picked the?
George Harmon is my favourite Ross county player ( he played for holy name u7’s with my son then went to West Brom 😂)

All those huge Angie fans, who love Scottish football so much, who are your favourite 6 Ross County players and what's your reason you picked the?
Ah, The Staggies. Spent many an afternoon at Victoria Park in Dingwall. Even been invited to the Aitken Suite for a cheeky wee corporate, invited by Ron Mac himself. Lovely fella.

Six players?

Jordan White is a decent striker. Top scorer this season, but may not play against Patrick in the playoff as he’s got a head injury. Holds the ball up well and is brave as fuck.

Speaking of brave, two guys doing well at the back are Keith Watson who is a right back with a lot of injury history, particularly from his time coming through at Dundee Utd. Been at county for a few years now and still going strong. And Alex Iacovitti is a big bearded scary bastard at centre half. Can’t pass for toffee, but fun all the same.

Yan Dhanda is a creative number 10, but doesn’t score enough. Still settling in though.

Austrian guy, David Cancola is one of the 2 holding midfielders. Works hard, but has recently been playing alongside Nohan Kenneh, who is bone fucking idle.

Six is a push for a team in the relegation playoffs, but I’ve got a soft spot for DOM Samuel. Ex England u19, who is a bit Heskey when it comes to scoring, but at least the cunt tries.

Still not overly keen on Malky MacKay, but he’s paying for past indiscretions by being stuck in the arse end of nowhere.

That do you, me auld fella?

Guy has an ethos of fuck it. We'll make do.

Its us against them. You pull on the shirt and you fight. He's a good Aussie. Attacking football. We have some deadwood here and he'll sort them out. He is organised. It's about scoring more than the other team. He won't die wondering.
Ok but how does that put him above Nagelsmann

Ah, The Staggies. Spent many an afternoon at Victoria Park in Dingwall. Even been invited to the Aitken Suite for a cheeky wee corporate, invited by Ron Mac himself. Lovely fella.

Six players?

Jordan White is a decent striker. Top scorer this season, but may not play against Patrick in the playoff as he’s got a head injury. Holds the ball up well and is brave as fuck.

Speaking of brave, two guys doing well at the back are Keith Watson who is a right back with a lot of injury history, particularly from his time coming through at Dundee Utd. Been at county for a few years now and still going strong. And Alex Iacovitti is a big bearded scary bastard at centre half. Can’t pass for toffee, but fun all the same.

Yan Dhanda is a creative number 10, but doesn’t score enough. Still settling in though.

Austrian guy, David Cancola is one of the 2 holding midfielders. Works hard, but has recently been playing alongside Nohan Kenneh, who is bone fucking idle.

Six is a push for a team in the relegation playoffs, but I’ve got a soft spot for DOM Samuel. Ex England u19, who is a bit Heskey when it comes to scoring, but at least the cunt tries.

Still not overly keen on Malky MacKay, but he’s paying for past indiscretions by being stuck in the arse end of nowhere.

Someone’s got google.

Six players?

In all fairness, if a sheep shagger doesn't know his Caberfeidhs, I don't know who would??

I know it's really hard for you to comprehend, but people actually do watch the Scottish league mate.

Not all of us consider anything north of the border as a no-go zone.

I like the cut of his jib and he seems a very decent bloke, however, even the people claiming to row in behind him surely know deep down that this is not going to work out.

When is the last time a manager that was successful in Scotland has come down and done well in the Premier League? The only one you can genuinely say is Brendan Rodgers, who had Celtic playing just as well if not better than Ange, and no one wants to touch him with a barge pole… look at the state of the likes of Gerrard, Strachen, Neill Lennon etc when they came down to manage at even Championship level. Couldn’t hack it in the slightest. It’s just such an incomparable level.

It really is outright incredible that considering the candidates that were available this summer we have somehow landed on Postecoglou, but then again nothing about our ownership should ever surprise anyone anymore.
Fergie

Seriously where you all demanding Steven Gerrard 24 months ago? He won the spl for the first time in a decade on a smaller budget than Celtic and went unbeaten...

Rodgers won the treble but you don't want him, Lennon won the treble but you don't want him, you hear fn delusional Celtic fans talking about great football, but ignore they said the same thing about Rodgers and Lennon. They've won the league 13 times in 14 seasons.

This guy's Cv reads Asian pub league, biggest team in Japan and biggest bigots in Glasgow . Humiliated in Europe!!!! At least Rodgers got them 3rd an Lenon beat Barca. This huddie when faced against top managers has amassed 2 points out of 18!

I know it's really hard for you to comprehend, but people actually do watch the Scottish league mate.

Not all of us consider anything north of the border as a no-go zone.
Oh neither do I, but the notion so many on here have been "following him for months" is bullshit. The whole thing is that so many are buying into the notion that he is an utter miracle worker because he has Celtic beating barely professional teams.

Back
Top Bottom