Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ange certainly comes across as passionate and driven and he sets his teams up to play a style we will enjoy watching. I'm a little nervous about whether he can make the step up, but I suspect he will really relish the chance to manage us (unlike Jose or Conte) and he likes dynamic, front foot football which after four years of being bored stiff by boring, low block bollocks is very important.

One thing - for him to succeed he will need support from a canny DoF with a fat contact book and money to spend, particularly for rebuilding our woeful defence.

I'm in the wait and see camp - it's worth noting that our previous 'name' appointments all turned out badly and the ones a bit more low key were all good.

Ange certainly comes across as passionate and driven and he sets his teams up to play a style we will enjoy watching. I'm a little nervous about whether he can make the step up, but I suspect he will really relish the chance to manage us (unlike Jose or Conte) and he likes dynamic, front foot football which after four years of being bored stiff by boring, low block bollocks is very important.

One thing - for him to succeed he will need support from a canny DoF with a fat contact book and money to spend, particularly for rebuilding our woeful defence.

I'm in the wait and see camp - it's worth noting that our previous 'name' appointments all turned out badly and the ones a bit more low key were all good.
I see.

So rather than a decent manager and shit players we need a shit manager and shit players?

That's the winning formula?

Above JN...curious as to why?

Guy has an ethos of fuck it. We'll make do.

Its us against them. You pull on the shirt and you fight. He's a good Aussie. Attacking football. We have some deadwood here and he'll sort them out. He is organised. It's about scoring more than the other team. He won't die wondering.

OK. I prefer to go on what people who worked with him think.

I'm not exactly convinced by this appointment, btw. It could go badly or it might be great, the jury is out for me. Just we've tried the 'win now' approach with two managers with amazing CVs and we were all very glad to see the back of both of them.

The key thing is the fit, and that's impossible to call right now. I just hope whoever it is gets proper support and works with a competent (and non-crooked) DoF.

From what I’ve seen Postecoglu looks like a top guy, easy to see how he can pull teams together, and has a clear vision for his teams. The Tifo vid a few pages back said he ”improves attacks and massively improves defences” - all of which we need now! Yes, it’s a step up to the PL where he hasn’t managed before, but he’s always achieved when stepping up, which says a whole heap more than a few seasons mid table in the prem?

I hope Ange stays at Celtic.

But if he does come here, I'm really looking forward to the evolution of this thread as some of you start changing your minds and claiming you were in favour of Ange being appointed from the start.

He was a CFG stable manager and they do not appoint mugs. Everyone who's worked with him says he's absolute world class and even Pep loves him to bits.

Some of you don't deserve him.
The doubts I have about appointing him aren’t about him as a coach.

FWIW if we get this guy is does anyone think we'd do worse than this season i.e get knocked out of cup comps by inferior teams? Finish 8th and not have more than a handful of decent 90 min performances? Not have any sort of direction or strategy on the pitch or do you think he does better?

All these Scottish football experts, what a fucking laugh.

All those huge Angie fans, who love Scottish football so much, who are your favourite 6 Ross County players and what's your reason you picked the?

I know nothing about this guy. Don't even know how to say his name yet.

If he's all about attacking football though then that'll do me. Last few years have been a real slog.

Might not even be appointed of course seen as Twitter spouts nonsense.

If he's all about attacking football though then that'll do me. Last few years have been a real slog.

90 mins attacking football no quarters given.
Hates when defenders pass back to the keeper

He won't be all about attacking football because, unlike 34 out of 38 matches in the SPL he won't have a massive squad advantage.

Wether or not Postecoglou is a good coach is beside the point.

Waiting 70 odd days to appoint him is utterly criminal. If he is/ was right, then getting him out of Celtic back in March made the most sense in the world. And money talks and bullshit walks, Dead Hand Dan might have saved an element of the agro which was to follow if the shady bastard did his job and put Tottenham first.

Unfortunately, if he comes now, it looks utterly inept and totally desperate, which kills the guys stone cold dead on day one imho.

This guy is the guy you get early, he’s not the guy you wait months for.
It’s obvs he wasn’t the choice back then otherwise there would have been far more briefings and rumours like we had with slot. Im
Sure they sounded out JN as well to come out with that statement that his not under consideration. No way posto was top of the list.

Okay let's appoint him first but do you want to be proven wrong or is it favourable to be right, simply to justify your opinuon?
I want to be proven wrong obviously because it works in the best interests of the club.

But I am willing to bet I won't be proven wrong because the issue we have at this club goes beyond the manager and I think the job required here is going to be far too big for him personally.

It's not just the players he has to manage, it's the megalomaniac at the top.

I suppose that goes for any manager though really at this point.

I just think given the state we are in, his lack of experience at a PL club is going to be a very big ask.

Back
Top Bottom