January 2023 Transfer Thread. The Big One

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The following players were linked to Spurs, by the press, for the January window (there may be more players linked who I am not aware of):

WINTER WINDOW 2023

GK:
Dean Henderson, Ginaluigi Donnarumma, Illan Meslier, Alban Lafont, Mike Maignan, Brice Sambal, Jan Oblak, Marc-André ter Stegen, Giorgi Mamardashvili, Guglielmo Vicario, David Raya, Robert Sánchez, Edouard Mendy, Emiliano Martinez, Yann Summer, Dominik Livakovic, Yassine Bounou, Senny Dieng,

LB: Dennis Cirkin, Thierry Small, Federico Dimarco, Adrien Truffert,
LC:
Alessandro Bastoni, Pau Torres, Joško Gvardiol, David Carmo, Piero Hincapié, Jakub Kiwior, Evan Ndicka,
RC: Ashley Phillips, Trevoh Chalobah, Chris Smalling, Harry Maguire, Axel Disasi, Pierre Kalulu, Ilya Zabarnyi, Milan Skriniar, Stefan de Vrij, Roger Ibañez, Rodrigo Becão, Milan Majstorović, Leonardo Bonucci, Antonio Silva, Radu Drăgușin, Giorgio Scalvani, Stefan Posch,
RB: Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Achraf Hakimi, Denzel Dumfries, Jeremie Frimpong, Vanderson, Nicola Zalewski, Joe Scally, Pedro Porro, Wilfried Singo, Nordi Mukiele,

DM: Jobe Bellingham, Manuel Ugarte, Marcelo Brozović, N’Golo Kanté, Sofyan Amrabat, Franck Kessie, Pablo Maia, João Palhinha, Ruben Neves,
CM: Jack Wylie, Ruslan Malinovskyi, Nicolò Barella, Davide Frattesi, Manuel Locatelli, Weston McKennie, Rodrigo De Paul, Enzo Fernández, Youri Tielemans, Morten Frendrup, Alexis McAllister, Joan González, Adrien Rabiot, Azzedine Ounahi,
OM: Alex Scott, James Maddison, Mason Mount, Daichi Kamada, Mohammed Kudus, Hamed Traorè, Isco, Dani Olmo, Oscar Glouhk, Lovro Majer,

LF:
Anthony Gordon, Harvey Barnes, Adama Traoré, Ferran Torres, Rafael Leão, Cristiano Ronaldo, Wilfried Zaha, Cody Gapko, Donyell Malen, Memphis Depay, Marcus Thuram, Ousmane Dembélé, Martin Terrier, Allan Saint-Maximin, Yéremy Pino, Jonathan David, Yannick Carrasco, Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, Ismailia Sarr, Leandro Trossard, Arnat Danjuma, Jesper Karlsson, Gerard Deulofeu,
CF: Ivan Toney, Jude Soonsup-Bell, Romelu Lukaku, Lautaro Martinez, Marcos Leanardo, Dušan Vlahović, Victor Osimhen, Noah Okafor, Walid Cheddira, Kolo Muani, Elye Wahi, Sebastiano Esposito, Youssoufa Moukoko, Cody Gapko, Anthony Martial,
RF:
Endrick, Nicolo Zaniolo, Federico Chiesa, Moussa Diaby, Andreas Skov Olsen, Marco Asensio, Arda Güler, Tetê, Dario Osario,
You need a job sir.

We've ruined [Sessengon].

Rubbish.

We've invested big money (for a kid), time and patience in him.

Yr 1 - Arrives with hamstring injury. Struggles to make an impact. (12 apps/134 days injured)
Yr 2 - Deemed in need of a loan and actually gets a ear long loan for a decent club in Germany the following season. Mixed season. (29 apps/47 days injured)
Yr 3 - Comes back next season; niggling injures continue. Then gets sent off within 20 minutes of his big come back. Conte still backs him (when fit!) in the second half of last season (22 apps/167 days injured).
Yr 4 - Conte again backs him by shipping Reg out instead and gives him plenty of game-time this season (23 apps so far!).

Despite playing well on some isolated occasions; he's simply failed over and over to put together a run of good performances in our shirt.

Playing to the fcuking crowd here. Who is out there thst we reasonably could have bought?

Simple question.
It should have been sorted out in the summer. Every transfer window these fuckers do the bare minimum. It's been that way for years. No plan, no vision, just revenue.
Why does Levy think, he deserves to be the best paid chairman?
Because hes been failing for 23 years.

they're both so meh.

If pushed I would say Davies is more reliable so I'd probably rather he be the back up LCB but if the club somehow got a decent bid for him and went with Lengelt as the back up I wouldn't give a damn either.

I'd still rather spend the money on someone else... Or even give Rodon those minutes.

We've ruined him.

He's heading for the well trodden path that super Johny Bostock and Zeki Fryers took.

The road to nowhere.
At this level if you allow yourself to be ruined you don’t belong.

It’s not kids sport or amateurs. Conte or whoever coaching doesn’t owe Sess anything. As long as he puts you in the team it’s on you to do what you get paid for. He needs to decide if he really fucking wants it or not and develop some character.

Considering the outcry again Qatar and other owners with dubious human rights records, do we really want this kind of thing? It shows zero morals and a total worship of profit. I'd also point out the the whole Gaddafi family were avowed anti semites so why give this jumped up egotistical narcissist a platform at our stadium? Clear answer, money.

Last edited:
I think a centre back that can defend would be pretty appealing to any manager..

Also the majority of the top clubs haven't got the neglected issues that spurs do
Reminds me when Liverpool were winning the CL & the title & the levy/enic lovers were comparing us to them. Now they are comparing ourselves to city & Woolwich who are on another level to us sadly. So deluded!

Last edited:
He doesn’t feel pressure. He is a robot
He does, if it's financial pressure. It's what got him to sack Poch and hire both Mou and Conte with their huge wages.

The fans don't matter.

Considering the outcry again Qatar and other owners with dubious human rights records, do we really want this kind of thing? It shows zero morals and a total worship of profit. I'd also point out the the whole Gaddafi family were avowed anti semites so why give this jumped up egotistical narcissist a platform at our stadium? Clear answer, money.
Yes

And Qatari owners.

Back
Top Bottom