Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It may well be, but I don't know how you know this for sure. Since Paratici came on board the only signing we think was on Levy was Spence.

If it is Levy pushing a player on Conte we'll know soon enough because Conte isn't shy in saying so.

No quotes from him as yet then?

Kulusevski and Bentancur
The only reason people mention this is because there are idiots like you who said they were mediocre average signings.. For someone who thinks he knows everything, you don't know alot do you.

Bentancur is better than Winks/Hojbjerg and I prefer signing him to Kulusevski, but it's still basically us accepting our level by taking on players not good enough from a Juventus side who are .. not good enough.

They are mediocre & unambitious signings.

'I'll celebrate when we sell Arthur, Ramsey, Bentancur and Rabiot.'
'Rabiot off for Bentancur Swapping gonorrhoea for genital warts'
'Bentancur being shit already'
'still better than Bentancur IMO. Bentancur is the worst player I have ever seen'
'Is that fuckin Bentancur about to come in. These are terrorist acts.'
'Bentancur is coming on all is saved lmaooo I hate this club.'
'Bentancur cant make a fucking forward pass'

From Juve's forums. Hurry, rush to sign him!

Really? Because they seem to love Dybala, Chiesa and a few other players who have genuine quality. They slag off the mediocre players who have them in this mediocre situation, same with most of our fans with our players.

This is gonna be 2 mediocre seasons in a row. And players like Bentancur, Morata, Kulusevski have been part of that mediocrity the whole time. The few bright sparks are the ones they won't sell at all costs, but we're happy to get their deadwood away.

Yeah it's fine, I have little issue with the Bentancur signing. It's just very underwhelming/mediocre and doesn't fix our issue of not having players in midfield with vision or ability to carry the ball in to the opposition half.

Does it matter? Yes. They parked the bus and Chiesa had a moment of brilliance. I watched that game and it was basically attack vs defence, Juve's centre backs looked fantastic and Chiesa was the spark. They basically bypassed midfield.

In the second game, Juve got streamrolled, and their midfield including Bentancur couldn't cope. Kulu was barely even involved in either game because he's not a first choice player. Go ahead and be excited for these signings, I get it, but let's not build them up as something they aren't.

I think he'll be fine if our fans keep their expectations realistic. He will offer another reliable midfielder who can do the hard running and will make tackles. We needed options there because whenever Skipp/Hojbjerg are out the alternatives are weak.

But he isn't going to be a creative force, and he wasn't being held back by any manager at Juve, this is just the player he is. The only thing holding back Juventus is that they have a lot of players not really good enough for them, and Bentancur was part of that.

A poached egg is the maximum possible expression of an egg, it is an egg in a state of grace.

I can give a master class on its preparation if so desired.

A few chopped chives would have finished it off with some builders tea!

The only reason people mention this is because there are idiots like you who said they were mediocre average signings.. For someone who thinks he knows everything, you don't know alot do you.

Are we going to have to go back to all the posts where you get shit wrong on a weekly basis again? Because we already did that once, and that's why you're so upset in the first place. I only had to look at a couple.

Now fuck off, hooligan wannabee hardmen like you waste enough of my time in the real world, let alone doing it on here as well.

Are we going to have to go back to all the posts where you get shit wrong on a weekly basis again? Because we already did that once, and that's why you're so upset in the first place. I only had to look at a couple.

Now fuck off, hooligan wannabee hardmen like you waste enough of my time in the real world, let alone doing it on here as well.
Oh dear, someone seems upset..
Speaking of wrong AGAIN..this you? or is there another clown called Raumdeuterez.

Kulusevski is crap anyway. Steals a wage at Juventus.

It would be so typical if we got Kulusevski.

He looks so slow for a winger, and he can't play in tight spaces whatsoever. Juventus have a lot of garbage in that team (especially in wide positions, aside from Chiesa) and he stands out as being particularly bad.

I'd honestly rather have nobody than Kulusevski.
:contelol: :contesmell:

Oh dear, someone seems upset..
Speaking of wrong AGAIN..this you? or is there another clown called Raumdeuterez.

:contelol: :contesmell:

How many big London Derby’s have we lost in the past, purely because we allowed the opposition to bully us? Well that ain’t going to happen any more. Just like the recent NLD these teams wil absolute fear us and bottle it just like the Goons did last month.

I have never been so excited for a new season..

Lost both NLD'S.

'
Woolwich are Butt hurt. They are well and truly teetering on the edge. Losing top 4 to us has literally broken them.
Any signing or potential signing is being treated like some kind of victory and their way of trying to claim a result over us.
That weedy dude they just signed , they are trying to say he's the best midfielder in the whole wide world and surrounding area's and he chose them over us, but in reality they had never heard of him a week ago and have never seen him play.
They are claiming they will be title contenders because they have already won the transfer window, but again, they have only signed one skinny no mark.'

How many big London Derby’s have we lost in the past, purely because we allowed the opposition to bully us? Well that ain’t going to happen any more. Just like the recent NLD these teams wil absolute fear us and bottle it just like the Goons did last month.

I have never been so excited for a new season..

Lost both NLD'S.

'
Woolwich are Butt hurt. They are well and truly teetering on the edge. Losing top 4 to us has literally broken them.
Any signing or potential signing is being treated like some kind of victory and their way of trying to claim a result over us.
That weedy dude they just signed , they are trying to say he's the best midfielder in the whole wide world and surrounding area's and he chose them over us, but in reality they had never heard of him a week ago and have never seen him play.
They are claiming they will be title contenders because they have already won the transfer window, but again, they have only signed one skinny no mark.'
Ah, back to your favourite subject Woolwich

I just wish I was as knowledgeable as you

Kulusevski picks the ball up and spends about 10 seconds slowing the game to a fucking snails pace before picking a pass. Rinse and repeat.
:contelol:

Ah, back to your favourite subject Woolwich

I just wish I was as knowledgeable as you

:contelol:

You thought we'd be in a title race this season, that all our signings were world class and you were more exited than you'd ever been for a season. Woolwich weren't even on our level. Just because you happy clap/tub thump your way to being wrong doesn't mean it was any less wrong.

I got Kulu/Bentancur wrong but at least I own up to it, rather than you who outright lied about making dumb predictions till he was called out on it. And you still manage to do it every single week. Now again, stick on the stone island jumper, go for a walk down the estate and pretend to be a hard man some more, you're clearly frustrated.

This potential signing, smacks of levy taking up the cheaper alternative, instead of the manager's preferred option Zaniolo.
Well done Daniel, fantastic one upmanship on a relegation threatened team, I'm sure this will have the genuine big clubs trembling in fear FFS.

You thought we'd be in a title race this season, that all our signings were world class and you were more exited than you'd ever been for a season. Woolwich weren't even on our level. Just because you happy clap/tub thump your way to being wrong doesn't mean it was any less wrong.

I got Kulu/Bentancur wrong but at least I own up to it, rather than you who outright lied about making dumb predictions till he was called out on it. And you still manage to do it every single week. Now again, stick on the stone island jumper, go for a walk down the estate and pretend to be a hard man some more, you're clearly frustrated.
Yeah fancy being optimistic about my club.. I'd much rather cry and bitch about how great our rivals are..

So tell us more about how shit Bentancur and Kulusevski are going to be for us :contelol:

Danjuma on first glance would be a pretty uninspiring transfer
he hardly hit the ground running whilst playing for Bournemouth but thats at first glance
But when you actually see how well he did when first arriving in la liga and the clubs he has been linked with sice his arrival at Villareal i think he could turn out to be a very astute bit of business by the club

This potential signing, smacks of levy taking up the cheaper alternative, instead of the manager's preferred option Zaniolo.
Well done Daniel, fantastic one upmanship on a relegation threatened team, I'm sure this will have the genuine big clubs trembling in fear FFS.
I can see the sense in getting a loan player, as it seems likely that Conte will be off in June this summer.

Well, obviously we will see how this one turns out. And I am not writing him off.

But it does make me worried that -
- we had 25 yo Netherlands NT winger with 28 caps and 7 goals... wasnt good enough. Now we bring in same aged player who has 6 caps and 2 goals;
- also he has hardly set any league on fire, except for Championship (22 goal involvements in 33 games)
- also... just 3 seasons ago (while being 22) he tried it in EPL. Didn't even make it as Bournemouth starting player and finished season with 625 minutes and 0 goals...

But he has done well in CL with 8 goal contributions with 13 games... though as mentioned, Lo Celso and Foyth were also shining in that same stage...

Biggest issue still with me is that - as some have mentioned - he does not feel like a purchase with strategy and plan. It has feel of opportunism to it - we went for available player that his club actively wants to move on. This approach has hurt us so many times over the past... but we'll see. Let's hope he'll be hit like Kulu and Benta!

Danjuma on first glance would be a pretty uninspiring transfer
he hardly hit the ground running whilst playing for Bournemouth but thats at first glance
But when you actually see how well he did when first arriving in la liga and the clubs he has been linked with sice his arrival at Villareal i think he could turn out to be a very astute bit of business by the club
Or you could look at it this way, a cheap punt, because the club doesn't have to get behind the manager

I think he looks like a good deal to replace Moura as an attacking option. Primarily right-footed who can play on either wing, but probably best on the left. Looks tall, pacey and powerful and can stand up and beat his man. We still need a RWB and a CB, but a good addition. I'd say better than Moura or Gil but probably not a starter.

It's crap, bargain basement signings like this that will drive Conte out. Why would any top manager stay when they get fucking Bournemouth rejects instead of Zaniolo?

Yet again another top serial winning manager, leaves spurs potless achieving nothing.
It still makes sense to get a loan player under the circumstances, and I don't see the point in chasing after Porro if Conte is gone in a few months, Most likely our next manager won't use WBs.

Back
Top Bottom