Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am sure a lot went on about CR7 and his big move but I bet it didn't help the team in the end. CR 7 looks good and has had his years but basically is going to be toxic to the team chemistry wherever he goes
When the CR7 was purchased, we were all enthusiastic but football is not a sum of addenda but a combination. He is a great champion but now he is an entity in his own right, he is a company. Juventus, which based his strength in the collective, came out demolished. When Allegri was sacked he told Agnelli that CR7 had blocked the growth of the group: he was right because Allegri returned two years later and CR7 was released.

I am sure a lot went on about CR7 and his big move but I bet it didn't help the team in the end. CR 7 looks good and has had his years but basically is going to be toxic to the team chemistry wherever he goes

Ronaldo killed Juve’s team spirit – Buffon

Legendary Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon believes Cristiano Ronaldo’s arrival at Juventus proved damaging to their prospects as they lost team spirit.

Buffon is currently back in Serie B with his first club Parma and has no intention of retiring just yet, as he tries to earn promotion with the Ducali.

And speaking to TUDN.com Buffon commented on the effect that Ronaldo had on Juventus after arriving Serie A.

“Juve had the chance to win the Champions League the first year he arrived, which was the year I was at Paris Saint-Germain, and I couldn’t figure out what happened,” said Buffon.

“When I returned, I worked with CR7 for two years and we did well together, but I think Juve lost that DNA of being a team.

“We reached the Champions League Final in 2017 because we were a side full of experience, but above all we were a single unit and there was this competition for places within the group that was very strong. We lost that with Ronaldo.”

Can we send in a complaint against Barney Roaney at the Guardian?

"Dejan Kulusevski didn’t seem to know he was playing for Spurs. Perhaps this can be beaten into him during pre‑season. But for now he is clearly under the impression he’s playing for an upwardly mobile team with some fine players and a top coach."

Fuck off you imbecile.

In Love Hearts GIF by The Valentines

no. conte did
that was only an advice, if you'll continue with allegri good for you, good luck :contekiss:
Conte proved to be a phenomenon in rebuilding Juventus. He took a seventh place team and reached three league titles. It was incredible psychological work and then he repeated the same at Chelsea. It is evident that at this stage he is a magician.

Allegri in 2015 was very intelligent: he took Conte's job and starting from that goal he made an evolution. Allegri is more "corporate", he never goes publicly against the club. Conte has a different method, a hurricane and he has worked splendidly with you. Sarri, on the other hand, was a jerk, unsuitable for big clubs

Ronaldo killed Juve’s team spirit – Buffon

Legendary Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon believes Cristiano Ronaldo’s arrival at Juventus proved damaging to their prospects as they lost team spirit.

Buffon is currently back in Serie B with his first club Parma and has no intention of retiring just yet, as he tries to earn promotion with the Ducali.

And speaking to TUDN.com Buffon commented on the effect that Ronaldo had on Juventus after arriving Serie A.

“Juve had the chance to win the Champions League the first year he arrived, which was the year I was at Paris Saint-Germain, and I couldn’t figure out what happened,” said Buffon.

“When I returned, I worked with CR7 for two years and we did well together, but I think Juve lost that DNA of being a team.

“We reached the Champions League Final in 2017 because we were a side full of experience, but above all we were a single unit and there was this competition for places within the group that was very strong. We lost that with Ronaldo.”

Interesting.

United don't look like a team that's together now, either...

Conte proved to be a phenomenon in rebuilding Juventus. He took a seventh place team and reached three league titles. It was incredible psychological work and then he repeated the same at Chelsea. It is evident that at this stage he is a magician.

Allegri in 2015 was very intelligent: he took Conte's job and starting from that goal he made an evolution. Allegri is more "corporate", he never goes publicly against the club. Conte has a different method, a hurricane and he has worked splendidly with you. Sarri, on the other hand, was a jerk, unsuitable for big clubs
As Conte was taking over at Juventus, would you say the other big teams were on a slight decline, or were they still equally competitive?

I stopped following Italian football when we stopped airing the matches on TV here in the UK so curious what the state of competition was like during Conte’s rein.

Looking at the PL, City and Liverpool will take a good few years to match and I’m wondering what could likely be achieved next year if Conte has the backing he needs.

As Conte was taking over at Juventus, would you say the other big teams were on a slight decline, or were they still equally competitive?

I stopped following Italian football when we stopped airing the matches on TV here in the UK so curious what the state of competition was like during Conte’s rein.

Looking at the PL, City and Liverpool will take a good few years to match and I’m wondering what could likely be achieved next year if Conte has the backing he needs.
It was a particular moment: Italian football was taking a step back but he took over a disastrous team. If I'm not mistaken, we had lost 4-1 to Fulham in the Europa League last year. There had been champions at the end of their career: Del Piero, Cannavaro, Trezeguet. He was a magician to rebuild by bringing awareness back into the group. In the Premier League already with Chelsea he has shown that he knows how to work. In my opinion you are much closer in the league than you seem to be in Liverpool and Manchester City. If he has valid grafts, I think the next championship will be very good. He usually takes 1-2 years to get to the top and if he stays it's just to win. He will not stay to fight for third place. It is part of his process of working on the brains of the players.

It was a particular moment: Italian football was taking a step back but he took over a disastrous team. If I'm not mistaken, we had lost 4-1 to Fulham in the Europa League last year. There had been champions at the end of their career: Del Piero, Cannavaro, Trezeguet. He was a magician to rebuild by bringing awareness back into the group. In the Premier League already with Chelsea he has shown that he knows how to work. In my opinion you are much closer in the league than you seem to be in Liverpool and Manchester City. If he has valid grafts, I think the next championship will be very good. He usually takes 1-2 years to get to the top and if he stays it's just to win. He will not stay to fight for third place. It is part of his process of working on the brains of the players.
Thank you for the insight.

I’m sure good things are in store, and whilst it was very clear what he was able to do with Chelsea, I’ve always been keen to find out more about his time at Juventus.

Despite joining in January, Kulusevski ended the season in 3= place for goal involvement (combined goals and assists) in all competitions.

Kane - 26 g, 10 A = 36 g/a
Son - 23g 8 A = 31 g/a
Kulusevski 5g 8 A = 13 g/a
Moura 6g 7A = 13 g/a
Hojbjerg 3 g 4A = 7 g/a
Doherty 2g 5A = 7 g/a
Bergwijn 4g 2A = 6 g/a

In the 2nd half of the season Spurs played few cup games, and with that Kulusevski was 3rd highest on goals/assists with his 13 behind Son on 30 (23 g 7 A) and Kane 26 (17g 9A) with Moura in 4th with 8 g/a.

So next season Kulusevski is more than likely to get 20+ g/a. Similar stats to Eriksen in his prime.

Thank you for the insight.

I’m sure good things are in store, and whilst it was very clear what he was able to do with Chelsea, I’ve always been keen to find out more about his time at Juventus.

That at Juventus was his first important assignment after the ranks in Serie B and Serie A. By his own admission he had an interview with Andrea Agnelli exposing his idea of relaunching. Being a former Juventus player, very charismatic, he had identified the problems of a Juventus that had been bad for 2-3 years even with investments. He did a cleanup job. Those who were not 110% in the project had to leave and found a great side in Pirlo, who reached 0 € and with a desire for redemption.

In practice, Conte demanded a lot from Pirlo and I, as a player, did everything without saying a word. In this way even the youngest and / or less experienced followed: if Pirlo did it no one was exempt. In this way a granite group was created. Pirlo himself admitted a few years ago that the desire to become a coach came to him working with Conte: he had never thought about it before.

Just an outstanding signing. I doubt even he can believe how well it’s gone.

True, and after coming from a club Juve with - I assume, even post-Ronaldo - a lot of biiiiiig egos, I have a sneaking suspicion he couldn't quite believe the atmosphere, he arrived to. A ton of credit has to go Conte and the rest of the squad. You don't transition this quickly in a vacuum, as it were.

I commented a month or so ago about how good it was to see Royal and Doherty celebrating together in a very genuine way, when they combined for a goal. The same applies to Lucas yesterday after setting up Son. After Kulu came in and took Lucas' spot pretty much from day one, it would have been easy for Lucas to be pissy about it.

We need to add quality here and there, to be sure. But no giant overhaul because it seems, we've actually got a squad of great character. They just needed a top, top class manager to bring it to fruition :contekiss:

Back
Top Bottom