Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Crazy to find after a few games that Kulusevski is Spurs joint 3rd highest PL scorer this season - Son (10) and Kane (8) are our leading goal scorers.

Kulusevsji's 2 goals puts him equal with Moura, Bergwijn, Hojbjerg and Sanchez in 3rd place.

Crazy to find after a few games that Kulusevski is Spurs joint 3rd highest PL scorer this season - Son (10) and Kane (8) are our leading goal scorers.

Kulusevsji's 2 goals puts him equal with Moura, Bergwijn, Hojbjerg and Sanchez in 3rd place.

.....Sanchez doe! :tobyarm:

CR7 on Kulu:
He is a great talent. He will help us to win and achieve incredible things," the United star said following the clash between their respective national teams in 2020.

“I really like to see him, he has a great potential, and he’s an excellent player. I hope to play with him and score a lot of goals together."
CR7 said this in September 2020 when both were at Juventus. If Cristiano said so, there is a grain of truth as he is very self-centered: if he goes to a wedding he wants to be the bride.

Seems to be the same people who don't want to write off a player after a few games, who then hype up a player and declare him a success based on the same number of games.

Two good performances so far. That's all. One of which was against a team where Sessegnon and Doherty both thrived. Let's see how he gets on till the end of the season before pretending doubts about him weren't well founded.

Seems to be the same people who don't want to write off a player after a few games, who then hype up a player and declare him a success based on the same number of games.

Two good performances so far. That's all. One of which was against a team where Sessegnon and Doherty both thrived. Let's see how he gets on till the end of the season before pretending doubts about him weren't well founded.
Maybe I’ve misread the room, but at least speaking for myself I never had issues with people having doubts. I did, however, feel uncomfortable with the way people who had never seen him play were en masse writing him off as a signing before he’d kicked a ball for us, and doing so based on an 18 bad months while ignore the prior exceptional 12 months.

It had a spoilt and slightly hypocritical feel to it and there was a strong feeling that it was almost solely down to the fact that we were in fact signing him. The old ‘if he’s signing for us instead of a bigger club then he can’t be that good’ type bollocks. I’d go as far to say that if Enic had sold Spurs in December and Kulusevski was the new owners first signing, there’d have been almost no consternation about his purchase. And you can wash rinse and repeat my entire post with respect to Bentancur.

Not grouping you with what I’ve just suggested by the way, I have no idea what you may or may not have said and how reasonable it was, 99% of what I read on here makes little to no impression on me as far as individuals are concerned, and I usually only remember what the collective sentiment appears to be. I also think you are absolutely right that we shouldn’t get overly excited because he’s started well, but equally I think it’s fair to say that he’s shown us a fair few characteristics that many of us have felt we’ve needed for a while, while equally he’s mitigate some of the concerns about the weaker parts of his game.

Maybe I’ve misread the room, but at least speaking for myself I never had issues with people having doubts. I did, however, feel uncomfortable with the way people who had never seen him play were en masse writing him off as a signing before he’d kicked a ball for us, and doing so based on an 18 bad months while ignore the prior exceptional 12 months.
Ability is obviously important but attitude is more so.
He looks confident, works hard and doesn't roll around on the floor after tame challenges.
The exact opposite of Ndombele and GLC who are better technically but don't have the heart for the EPL.

It had a spoilt and slightly hypocritical feel to it and there was a strong feeling that it was almost solely down to the fact that we were in fact signing him. The old ‘if he’s signing for us instead of a bigger club then he can’t be that good’ type bollocks. I’d go as far to say that if Enic had sold Spurs in December and Kulusevski was the new owners first signing, there’d have been almost no consternation about his purchase. And you can wash rinse and repeat my entire post with respect to Bentancur.

Not grouping you with what I’ve just suggested by the way, I have no idea what you may or may not have said and how reasonable it was, 99% of what I read on here makes little to no impression on me as far as individuals are concerned, and I usually only remember what the collective sentiment appears to be. I also think you are absolutely right that we shouldn’t get overly excited because he’s started well, but equally I think it’s fair to say that he’s shown us a fair few characteristics that many of us have felt we’ve needed for a while, while equally he’s mitigate some of the concerns about the weaker parts of his game.

I had concerns based on what I'd seen at Juve (where he contributed I think 2 goals 3 assists in the last 20 odd games, so he's turned up as a different player thus far at Spurs) especially based on his ability to accelerate quickly and operate in tight spaces. I still think those attributes are concerns going forward vs sides who don't permit space. Leeds and City did (the defending for the goal vs Leeds was ... horrific) and he has bags of technical ability so thrived. I do think he offers attributes we need and thus far has been better than I expected.

He's had a great start. Long may it continue. But there's definitely a few in this thread who seem to have decided he's now 100% a success, and people who suggested they had doubts are already proven wrong. It's all a bit odd when we've seen plenty of times how players can have a fast start and then tail off. I believe he did very well for Juve when he first signed and then it seems lost his way for whatever reason. He's certainly settled here impressively well, and fingers crossed he continues to flourish.

A forward should be able to score goals. Even Liverpool eventually got tired of Firmino. Meanwhile...

Lucas moura in the last 3 PL seasons: 88 appearances, 9 goals. Not to mention Bergwijn.

Kulu is a hugely welcome change in that regard. Stats aside, he seems to have a nice curler on the left foot and a bit of a poacher's instinct too.

Oh no. How dare you.
How dare you expect goals from an attacking player.
You obviously know fuck all about football.
Stop looking at stats and watch how wonderfully the ball bounces off Moura's feet! That's the real shit.

Goal is only for statistic fans, not for football fans.
Keep that in mind before saying something so out of line :D !!

I had concerns based on what I'd seen at Juve (where he contributed I think 2 goals 3 assists in the last 20 odd games, so he's turned up as a different player thus far at Spurs) especially based on his ability to accelerate quickly and operate in tight spaces. I still think those attributes are concerns going forward vs sides who don't permit space. Leeds and City did (the defending for the goal vs Leeds was ... horrific) and he has bags of technical ability so thrived. I do think he offers attributes we need and thus far has been better than I expected.

He's had a great start. Long may it continue. But there's definitely a few in this thread who seem to have decided he's now 100% a success, and people who suggested they had doubts are already proven wrong. It's all a bit odd when we've seen plenty of times how players can have a fast start and then tail off. I believe he did very well for Juve when he first signed and then it seems lost his way for whatever reason. He's certainly settled here impressively well, and fingers crossed he continues to flourish.
Hopefully his off the ball work when we have possession in moving where he’s most dangerous goes some way to helping him compensate for the lack of acceleration (which itself is also evident so far) and that Conte, with a hard working 21 year old with bags of technical ability, can coach him to have a faster brain than his opponents feet.

As for the start to your second paragraph, guess that’s the world of online discussion sadly. Black and white, no I’m between, no compromise, and can’t just be right but need to be right before anyone else is too.

He's done more in 2 games than GLC did in two fucking years mate.
And thank wanker came with hype. And there's STILL "fans" on this forum that claim we're weaker because he's one of the 4 useless lumps of flesh we booted out.

Why is GLC a wanker?
Cause he was happy to piss off to play meaningless international games knowing full well he wouldn't be able to play for us when he eventually got back.
This despite missing untold amounts of games for the club that pay him his ludicrous privillaged wages.
And when he was actually fit and not in quarantine, he was about as good as a kick stand for a quad bike.

THAT is why he was a wanker.

Cause he was happy to piss off to play meaningless international games knowing full well he wouldn't be able to play for us when he eventually got back.
This despite missing untold amounts of games for the club that pay him his ludicrous privillaged wages.
And when he was actually fit and not in quarantine, he was about as good as a kick stand for a quad bike.

THAT is why he was a wanker.

And despite all that shit - he still seems to have a fanbase on here.

He's done more in 2 games than GLC did in two fucking years mate.
And thank wanker came with hype. And there's STILL "fans" on this forum that claim we're weaker because he's one of the 4 useless lumps of flesh we booted out.

Oh no doubt .. GLC was sadly almost entirely useless to us, a player who played within himself almost fucking always, meant to be a creative midfielder but never influenced games. With Kulu/Bentancur we're definitely better off, it's just about the extent of how much better off we are. Don't think that becomes clear for a while.

Back
Top Bottom