Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A forward should be able to score goals. Even Liverpool eventually got tired of Firmino. Meanwhile...

Lucas moura in the last 3 PL seasons: 88 appearances, 9 goals. Not to mention Bergwijn.

Kulu is a hugely welcome change in that regard. Stats aside, he seems to have a nice curler on the left foot and a bit of a poacher's instinct too.

A forward should be able to score goals. Even Liverpool eventually got tired of Firmino. Meanwhile...

Lucas moura in the last 3 PL seasons: 88 appearances, 9 goals. Not to mention Bergwijn.

Kulu is a hugely welcome change in that regard. Stats aside, he seems to have a nice curler on the left foot and a bit of a poacher's instinct too.
At our best we had 4 big goal threats in the team with Kane, Eriksen, Dele 1.0 and Son. In 16/17 they scored 29, 8, 18 and 14 respectively in the league. The next season was 30, 10, 9 and 12. Even 18/19 was respectable with 17, 8, 5 and 12… but with Lucas also getting 10, though going from a combined output in attack in the 60s too early 50s should perhaps been more of a red flag than it was treated as.

It’s been just Kane and Son that you can rely on for double digits in goals since, so if Kulusevski can produce at that type of rate too it will go a long way to getting us back to where we want.

Yep that left foot is a wand. Very unlucky with that first time strike against Burnley too, Lucas and Bergjwin don't have the quality/composure to execute strikes like that.

He's a bit Bale-like when he gets it on that left foot in a decent area in that you generally expect him to get a good strike off and work the keeper whereas it's always a lottery with Lucas/Berg.

Good to now have a third attacker that you can rely on to be technically sound with their finishing alongside Kane and Son. Makes us very well balanced.

I must admit he seems stronger than I thought. Wonder if coaches will work on improving his take off speed? His never gonna be bolt speed but just that little extra burst on initial receiving of the ball could give him a yard or two.
As others have said I’d encourage him to whip the ball in as soon as he can from the right. Looks like he can cross the ball to a white shirt which always helps. If he can chip in with goals then even better.

Dunno if this has been put up here yet.

YES.

More of that pls!!! :adesalute:

"GIMME GIMME GIMME A GINGER FROM SWEDEN,
HE CAME FROM JUVENTUS AND HE PLAYS ON THE WING!

GIMME GIMME GIMME A GINGER FROM SWEDEN,
NUMBER 21, HIS NAME IS KULUSEVSKIII 🇸🇪!"

Oh fuck off.

Guy had been superb so far.

People like you don’t deserve footballing happiness
Another person who doesn't understand English

I didn't say he was useless. I didn't say he wasn't worthy if starting every game. I said (my entitled opinion), he has good and bad points. It's too early to claim he is the answer to our questions. I said it needs more time before one can make a proper assessment. I said some games we may need more pace and then Lucas would be a better fit.

Stop being so excitable. Relax, Calm down. You jumping at something you really don't need to. I Like him. I am pleasantly surprised by him. I would Love for him to be a great success.

his critique was extremely fair. He didn't go overboard in his criticism and praised him.

People are allowed to have a different opinion to yours.

No it wasn’t.

And yes of course they are. And I’m allowed to tell them to shut up and their opinion is stupid.

Don’t quote me again. I don’t engage with my inferiors.

kingdawson kingdawson . A little trick I learnt the other day. Some people just use the function next to their name, "Ignore". Works a charm.

Another person who doesn't understand English

I didn't say he was useless. I didn't say he wasn't worthy if starting every game. I said (my entitled opinion), he has good and bad points. It's too early to claim he is the answer to our questions. I said it needs more time before one can make a proper assessment. I said some games we may need more pace and then Lucas would be a better fit.

Stop being so excitable. Relax, Calm down. You jumping at something you really don't need to. I Like him. I am pleasantly surprised by him. I would Love for him to be a great success.
Ok.

I am sorry xx

I must admit he seems stronger than I thought. Wonder if coaches will work on improving his take off speed? His never gonna be bolt speed but just that little extra burst on initial receiving of the ball could give him a yard or two.
As others have said I’d encourage him to whip the ball in as soon as he can from the right. Looks like he can cross the ball to a white shirt which always helps. If he can chip in with goals then even better.
Yup, in addition to that I'd say he needs to refine his first touch, and generally make quicker decisions.

At our best we had 4 big goal threats in the team with Kane, Eriksen, Dele 1.0 and Son. In 16/17 they scored 29, 8, 18 and 14 respectively in the league. The next season was 30, 10, 9 and 12. Even 18/19 was respectable with 17, 8, 5 and 12… but with Lucas also getting 10, though going from a combined output in attack in the 60s too early 50s should perhaps been more of a red flag than it was treated as.

It’s been just Kane and Son that you can rely on for double digits in goals since, so if Kulusevski can produce at that type of rate too it will go a long way to getting us back to where we want.
I'm glad people have rumbled this. We are not getting 4th with a combined 30 odd goals. We need near double this. We also need to add a real goal scoring threat from midfield. We ain't getting Kessie so we when we bin off one of Winks or PEH we need a player who also has goals in their game.

Back
Top Bottom