Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like you, I have absolutely zero faith in the club’s footballing strategy.

I cannot see how we lurch from Dias (presumably to play on the left, bumping Son to the right) to buying Dejan, who is half the speed, insanely one footed but being played on the right of a three.
Unless, of course, we intend to play him as a ten behind Kane. And if that’s the case, why aren’t we doing that now? Because we don’t have wingbacks?

Whoever is responsible for our RB situation should be up before The Hague for crimes against humanity.

I’m not someone who whinges about ENIC over finances. I think they do spend money. My problem is that they are grossly incompetent with that money.

And seriously, what is the fucking point of Gil??

I don't know how much of a shot we actually had with Diaz, and I'm not sure why people were so against the Gil move. Time will tell with him if he can build the physical presence needed for the PL, but I don't think there's any doubt that he is a very talented player. I do think though that he wasn't bought with Conte's system in mind, so it's just a bad fit more than it was a bad idea to go after a younger and very talented player.

It's hard to dispute though how overall poor our strategy has been for a while now. There were just flat out bad decisions, players not able to adjust to the PL, and a general mismatch with players we bought for one manager/system that quickly didn't work in the new one any longer. The RB saga has to be the worst though, and I can't help but remember how badly people wanted to get rid of Trippier and KWP and we've just descended in quality ever since.

I don't know how much of a shot we actually had with Diaz, and I'm not sure why people were so against the Gil move. Time will tell with him if he can build the physical presence needed for the PL, but I don't think there's any doubt that he is a very talented player. I do think though that he wasn't bought with Conte's system in mind, so it's just a bad fit more than it was a bad idea to go after a younger and very talented player.

Gil as a move alone wasn't bad but when we spend what we did on him and then don't bring any goals/attack that can start now when losing Vinicius and Bale was what the problem is.

We can't be spending that kind of money on "one for the future", especially when we also buy Sarr for the future, and leave so many massive holes on our team.

It's hard to dispute though how overall poor our strategy has been for a while now. There were just flat out bad decisions, players not able to adjust to the PL, and a general mismatch with players we bought for one manager/system that quickly didn't work in the new one any longer. The RB saga has to be the worst though, and I can't help but remember how badly people wanted to get rid of Trippier and KWP and we've just descended in quality ever since.
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t blame anyone for us not getting Dias. The lad was linked to the Dippers for years. His agent used us to flush them out; is what it is.

Its just the total absence of anything resembling a vision of how we play. Honest to God, last time I can remember where I really felt I was watching a Spurs side was Everton away under Poch, when we absolutely fucking bullied them.

I’m sick to death of this tedious counter attacking, midfield less, zero press dogshit. It’s awful. I’m as fair weather as the next man and if we shit house our way to a Top 4 place then the ends justify the means. But fuck me we’ve been awful to watch for so long.

My god.

Do people really think Conte didn't know what he was getting into? I know this level of overreaction has become a self-perpetuating circle jerk almost everywhere online now days, but this is type of stuff is honestly a little embarrassing. Imagine seeing supporters of any other team constantly bemoaning that their coach of three months is due to leave them any day. It's pathetic stuff and we'd be ripping the hell out of them if we saw it elsewhere.

It's been three months. Is Conte happy about where we are at the moment? Positively not. Is the club or the players? No. Maybe...just maybe...we could have a little more patience and not fucking cry everyday about Conte leaving us at any minute.

Without clicking on the disagrees you know who they are going to be! 😂😂😂

Stop attacking levy! he's our hero. He managed through a bit of luck, some decent managers and some not bad scouting to build a decent squad and then saw the property opportunity that would really make us champions of Europe.

All you small minded enic haters can't see past your fancy football and functional midfield bs to where the real silverware resides - the sports stadia architecture awards!

Having this whole decent team thing was a stupid distraction. Now things are set up so we can discuss the billion dollar real estate deal and super Dan's business acumen. Ps guys 16k a seat was an absolute bargain! And I love paying £60 to watch the big screens to see all the goals! and I don't care who scores them, us or them a goal is a goal when your in comfort. The over priced beer and veggie salad roll just helps to polish it off.

It's the champions league next bitches with the 2023 structural steel award for pre stressed concrete steel beans! Ps can somone tell me who the hell this citeh is?

Said it before mate.
Good on you for sticking to your principles and having the honesty, integrity and the balls.
I can’t face another five years of perpetual low ambition mediocrity and I also think a stint in the championship will be good fun vs this beige dullness

I hopefully speak for all in saying Welcome back to the forum, ArcspacE ArcspacE

A much needed moderate and reasoned voice among the recent melee of destruction.

Hey John Thomas

I'm still waiting for these alleged quotes of me saying this:
When we got spanked 4 times in the space of a couple months by Chelsea recently one of these individuals said he actually gets off seeing other Spurs fans getting passionate and angry at such humiliation.

Shadydan Shadydan , that was him. :disdain:

I think you ought to stand on what you said and provide some context seeing as you're so sure I said said it, I mean I wouldn't have you down for being a lying little weasel purely because I have a difference in opinion to you, surely no-one would be so low to stoop to those levels and stupid enough to make something up, surely not

So yeah the floors yours :thumbup:

Tick tock... :)

The war has well and truly begun now, mate - we need all hands on deck to flush the ENIC bots out

Conte calling out the bald fraud lying cunt is our call to arms!
Whatever happens with conte, his honesty About the average quality of players at the club & the current low expectations under these owners & levy is very important. No more pretending we have a really good team & under enic/levy we can win titles. He is all but resigned himself to not even top 4 now.

Burying our head in the sand & pretending every season we have just been super unlucky & enic/levy did all they could to challenge gets us nowhere.
Also I think he hints at enic/levy doing the best they ere willing to do/can & this is their level so don’t expect more. Be more realistic whilst we have them running the club.

The good news is below the top 3 is a mess so if we put a good run together we can scrape 4th. Worst case we have to cheer United on to stop Woolwich getting it. West Ham will fall away I reckon.

Ps. The enic bots are in meltdown & are crumbling as we speak. Backing levy/enic over poch, then Kane & now conte. Tells you everything you need to know about them!

Gil as a move alone wasn't bad but when we spend what we did on him and then don't bring any goals/attack that can start now when losing Vinicius and Bale was what the problem is.

We can't be spending that kind of money on "one for the future", especially when we also buy Sarr for the future, and leave so many massive holes on our team.

It's always the problem about buying one for the future, sometimes you're lucky and you get a Dele (at least for the years he was performing) and sometimes you end up with Nkudu. I do agree that the part that is probably making it most difficult for a lot of people with him was the total fee.

The biggest problem now for him, aside from his size, is that I'm not sure where he fits into a Conte side. Physicality can change fairly quickly, but we can't turn him into a player he just isn't.

All successful clubs need to have a healthy mix of proven players and those with just potential. Unfortunately for us, we haven't done well with either.

It's always the problem about buying one for the future, sometimes you're lucky and you get a Dele (at least for the years he was performing) and sometimes you end up with Nkudu. I do agree that the part that is probably making it most difficult for a lot of people with him was the total fee.

The biggest problem now for him, aside from his size, is that I'm not sure where he fits into a Conte side. Physicality can change fairly quickly, but we can't turn him into a player he just isn't.

All successful clubs need to have a healthy mix of proven players and those with just potential. Unfortunately for us, we haven't done well with either.
WHO?!!!

Ps. The enic bots are in meltdown & are crumbling as we speak. Backing levy/enic over poch, then Kane & now conte. Tells you everything you need to know about them!
Absolute scummers - time for a full flush, mate!

Conte destroyed them in 3 sentences

Last edited:
I can’t face another five years of perpetual low ambition mediocrity and I also think a stint in the championship will be good fun vs this beige dullness
At this rate the coward cunt Winks will be our next manager with Mason as assistant

We’re under real threat of doing a Wimbledon

Back
Top Bottom