Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just don't understand what happens in the conversations where Levy convinces managers to work for him. If it's a surprise to Conte at this stage that he's not going to get ready made solutions, then that implies he was promised we would be in that market.

I can believe that he will be placated to the end of the season, but if he doesn't get at least a couple of his first choices in the summer I would expect him to be off. With his current CV he doesn't need to be working under those sorts of shenanigans.

I just don't understand what happens in the conversations where Levy convinces managers to work for him. If it's a surprise to Conte at this stage that he's not going to get ready made solutions, then that implies he was promised we would be in that market.

I can believe that he will be placated to the end of the season, but if he doesn't get at least a couple of his first choices in the summer I would expect him to be off. With his current CV he doesn't need to be working under those sorts of shenanigans.

I mean, would you put it past Levy to play fast and loose with the truth to get what he wants?

Conte was a desperation move to get the supporters off his back after Nuno, the same way Jose was after Poch.

We don't know what Levy tells managers behind the scenes but from the outside looking in Levy seems like the type to have a christmas party and pretend it's a work event lol.

2 side of the coin:

1. Levy promises the moon to get the signature. Levy-Kane gentleman agreement is a clue.

2. Conte always wants more with transfer. He has form of this stuffs. Conte knows he can do this because his CV, and coaching ability.

Both of them well aware of what they're doing, and well aware of each other moves. Offering and accepting 18 month contract is the evidence.

How can players be energised by what conte is saying. Certain things you keep quiet.
That's the problem these days though, most players liked to be wrapped up in cotton wall, some of them need to hear some hard truths that hurt their feelings temporarily but in the long run will help them toughen the fuck up.

They can take some personal responsibility and realise that they can decide on whether they sink into victim mentality, or swim and accept what has been said so they can fight even harder for the team.

How can players be motivated by what conte said. If youre boss says youre shit in any job you find somewhere else. Cant see conte lasting and did say back in summer not to hire him as wont be long until he complains.
Are you not pleased we have a manager who's prepared to call Levy out and say it as it is? Surely this has to be for the greater good long term.

A manager who wants win to calling out a chairman who couldn't give shit and has been mugging off the fans for over two decades.

Bring it on

Last edited:
Love seeing people do back flips trying to hyper analyse Contes words as if they are cryptic messages lol. Do you think Conte plays games or does subtlety. Mourinho loves being the villain and the games. Conte doesnt like his reputation tarnished. When we get thrashed by City i wouldnt be surprised if he walks out on these joke owners.

Particularly those who still back Daniel Levy and his 21 years of property development and 1 league cup.

It's almost like they don't want the team to win
:sonhmm:

I think some people are more interested in appearing reasonable than anything else, they get some weird kick out of having a superiority complex over other fans because they don't 'melt' like others, and this makes them better, more intelligent fans. In their own minds, anyway.

The truth is the amount of times I've heard that certain fans are 'melting' only for those fans to be proven entirely right about what they were worried about is staggering. We're on this football ladder and keep climbing down it season after season, but you've got certain people stood on the side either denying we're going down, telling us we should be happy to be on the ladder at all, or accepting we're going down but honest, that's the last rung.

Last edited:
What annoys me most about the debate surrounding the team is that it's an issue of commitment or it's a mentality thing. Such a lazy analysis.

The reason we don't challenge for major honours is because our players are not good enough. It is that simple.

Yes in history there have been occasions where weaker teams achieve glory but that's the exception to the rule for a reason. Us making it to the CL final with THAT team is a prime example.

Yes some players moved from 3/10s to 6/10s in the earlier part of Conte's reign but any team relying on Davies, Emerson, Sanchez, Winks, Tanganga, Doherty for meaningful minutes can never be a serious threat to top teams. These players can't just TRY themselves better. They are what they are.

Then you have the middle ground with the likes of Lucas, Sess, Reg, Bergjwin, Dier, Hojbjerg who have their value again as squad players for where we are now but wouldn't get anywhere near an elite team.

Then you have our so-called elite few. Lloris is on his last legs. Son is officially too streaky to be deemed elite. Romero will become elite but isn't quite there yet. Kane is not the player he once was though recent signs have been promising. The jury is out on what Bentancur and Kulu could become.

I think a lot of our fanbase still massively overrate the quality of our squad because of Poch nostalgia and the CL final run.

We are one Kane away from basically being Southampton.

What annoys me most about the debate surrounding the team is that it's an issue of commitment or it's a mentality thing. Such a lazy analysis.

The reason we don't challenge for major honours is because our players are not good enough. It is that simple.

Yes in history there have been occasions where weaker teams achieve glory but that's the exception to the rule for a reason. Us making it to the CL final with THAT team is a prime example.

Yes some players moved from 3/10s to 6/10s in the earlier part of Conte's reign but any team relying on Davies, Emerson, Sanchez, Winks, Tanganga, Doherty for meaningful minutes can never be a serious threat to top teams. These players can't just TRY themselves better. They are what they are.

Then you have the middle ground with the likes of Lucas, Sess, Reg, Bergjwin, Dier, Hojbjerg who have their value again as squad players for where we are now but wouldn't get anywhere near an elite team.

Then you have our so-called elite few. Lloris is on his last legs. Son is officially too streaky to be deemed elite. Romero will become elite but isn't quite there yet. Kane is not the player he once was though recent signs have been promising. The jury is out on what Bentancur and Kulu could become.

I think a lot of our fanbase still massively overrate the quality of our squad because of Poch nostalgia and the CL final run.

yea its not about mentality or work rate with the shit we have, its about ability. some of these players are bottom end of prem/ championship level, yet are somehow playing with the likes of kane. we are like one of them dodgy international teams, got a few genuine quality players but the rest are shit, it levels out to being fucking average. them european games said it all, the B team wasnt even good enough to beat really poor sides without help from the big boys. pathetic!

Particularly those who still back Daniel Levy and his 21 years of property development and 1 league cup.

It's almost like they don't want the team to win
:sonhmm:
What do you mean by “back” Levy?

I’ve never met a football fan in real life that backs a chairman, 99% don’t give a toss who the chairman is they just want their team to do well. Yep some were anti Scholar and then Sugar in the days before the internet when blokes just turned up to watch the football, now we’ve got a load of economic and football experts claiming to know how to run a multi million pound business. Most of the numpties on here could barely tie their own trainers up.

I neither back nor loathe levy, I just want Tottenham to win football matches, and if they lose I’ll blame the players and the manager. I’ve seen Spurs score hundreds of goals, the chairman hasn’t got a single one of them.

It’s trendy in modern football to blame chairmen, managers encourage it because it gives them a safety blanket when they get canned. Levy has made some shocking decisions and Joe runs the club like a business, we all know that and no matter how much you whine and wet the bed it won’t change.

Just carry on calling me a Levy bot because I’m more concerned about the next Sanchez howler than how many yachts they own. And how many were moaning when Sanchez was bought for £40m 4 seasons ago?

I’m not into likes or disagrees on here, I’m just an old Spurs fan who wants the club to win things, if someone comes up with a decent offer Enic will sell, idiots on the internet won’t change a thing.

Spot on mate 👍

But Levy…..🤦‍♂️

What do you mean by “back” Levy?

I’ve never met a football fan in real life that backs a chairman, 99% don’t give a toss who the chairman is they just want their team to do well. Yep some were anti Scholar and then Sugar in the days before the internet when blokes just turned up to watch the football, now we’ve got a load of economic and football experts claiming to know how to run a multi million pound business. Most of the numpties on here could barely tie their own trainers up.

I neither back nor loathe levy, I just want Tottenham to win football matches, and if they lose I’ll blame the players and the manager. I’ve seen Spurs score hundreds of goals, the chairman hasn’t got a single one of them.

It’s trendy in modern football to blame chairmen, managers encourage it because it gives them a safety blanket when they get canned. Levy has made some shocking decisions and Joe runs the club like a business, we all know that and no matter how much you whine and wet the bed it won’t change.

Just carry on calling me a Levy bot because I’m more concerned about the next Sanchez howler than how many yachts they own. And how many were moaning when Sanchez was bought for £40m 4 seasons ago?

I’m not into likes or disagrees on here, I’m just an old Spurs fan who wants the club to win things, if someone comes up with a decent offer Enic will sell, idiots on the internet won’t change a thing.
Reminds me of a note on a classroom door I jealously read back in the day, "Class 3C, we can tie our own shoelaces'

I’ve never met a football fan in real life that backs a chairman, 99% don’t give a toss who the chairman is they just want their team to do well
You've been the most prolific poster in the ENIC / Levy thread over the last few days old chap.

:harrylol:

For someone supposedly so indifferent to the ownership of the club this seems a perverse kinda place to be frequenting , don't ya think.?

Only one thing worse than a rabid Levy / ENIC fan.......A rabid Levy / ENIC apologist in denial.🤢

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom