Memorial to my son, Michael Read, at Norwich this Sunday.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll keep a look out for you!

Any South standers here. You'll probably have the best chance of getting 'We are Tottenham' going. The stadium tends to look to you to lead songs. So if you can get it going I'll whip up the West stand as best as possible!
Consider it done.
22 mins "We are Tottenham, Super Tottenham" WILL be started!

Watching & listening at home, there was a very good, audible, sustained round of applause for Michael. Well done to those at the match.

It was an honour to join in the applause for Michael.We saw you stand up to acknowledge the applause (thank you) and when you hugged the person next to you the magnitude of your pain and loss and how immensely proud of your son you must be really hit home.Both my wife and I had a tear in our eye.
Rest in peace Michael, forever one of us xxx

Both tributes were well observed, and highly emotional.
There were a few guys asking who the 22nd minute applause was for, and when we pointed up to your block and explained, you could just feel that raw, raucous emotion.

Sang Michael's name, and a few around me joined in, but not sure if you heard it up in block 503?
The 'We are Tottenham' and subsequent 'Yiddo-Yiddo' got a really good airing.

A Tribute to both your Son, and your own bravery.

Wishing you all the strength in the world, and heartfelt regards as you start the unenviable process of coming to terms with such a tragedy.

Back
Top Bottom