Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cisse can fuck off, biggest hypocrite going. Plenty of geordies tweeting that they see him gambling all the time.

There's a substantial difference between gambling (which from what I know is questionably prohibited under Islam depending on sects, the type of gambling, etc) with your own money ... and money lending at usurious rates that prey on the weak and poor in particular, which is universally banned by Islamic law.

And frankly, Wonga and their kind are despicable. I support anyone who refuses to be associated with them, no matter what else is going on with them.

No he would have to beat the charges, then play like shit for 6 months while refusing to dismiss rumors that he's moving to a different club, then get released after asking for a raise.

dunno why but im watching the cliftonville vs celtic champions league qualifier on bbc2 scotland and there little winger forrest isn''t bad, problem is he's playing a northern irish team in a scottish side which is shit, but looks good

There's a substantial difference between gambling (which from what I know is questionably prohibited under Islam depending on sects, the type of gambling, etc) with your own money ... and money lending at usurious rates that prey on the weak and poor in particular, which is universally banned by Islamic law.

And frankly, Wonga and their kind are despicable. I support anyone who refuses to be associated with them, no matter what else is going on with them.

no there's no difference. Muslims I know tell me they're not allowed to gamble yet they still do it. They're hypocrites and so is Cisse. If he was not wearing the Wonga shirts for any reason other than his "religious beliefs" then I'd support him as they are a vile company.

dunno why but im watching the cliftonville vs celtic champions league qualifier on bbc2 scotland and there little winger forrest isn''t bad, problem is he's playing a northern irish team in a scottish side which is shit, but looks good

We've been linked with him a couple of times.

Think he's a got potential, but needs to move to a better club where he'll actually develop. Can't see that happening at Celtic.

... and money lending at usurious rates that prey on the weak and poor in particular, which is universally banned by Islamic law.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that Islamic law doesn't discriminate between interest and usury, and interest rates themselves are banned by a strict interpretation of Islamic Law.

In fact, historically I believe that there was an understanding between the Saudi and American governments regarding the management of their sovereign wealth; given the degree to which American firms acted as a guiding hand for Saudi's economy in developing its resources, and advised its economy and banking sector, accruing interest on the Saudi accounts was "gifted" to American firms with the understanding that those funds were ear-marked for the development of the country, rather than letting that interest accrue.

Or something vaguely resembling that.

I remember reading that, or hearing it in a lecture of some sort at some point.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that Islamic law doesn't discriminate between interest and usury, and interest rates themselves are banned by a strict interpretation of Islamic Law.
Googling "riba" will answer a lot of these questions. The point is basic: in Islam, money should flow from the rich to the poor (hence the pillar of Zakāt, or almsgiving). Interest doesn't really do that under basically any circumstances.

Gambling might fall under similar restrictions against trickery or dishonesty in business (and/or speculation), but it's not the same thing.

Like it's not obvious that Muhammad was a merchant...

Googling "riba" will answer a lot of these questions. The point is basic: in Islam, money should flow from the rich to the poor (hence the pillar of Zakāt, or almsgiving). Interest doesn't really do that under basically any circumstances.

Gambling might fall under similar restrictions against trickery or dishonesty in business (and/or speculation), but it's not the same thing.

Like it's not obvious that Muhammad was a merchant...

Don't Virgin Money charge interest as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom