Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late to the party o the Villa thing. I don't think anybody has mentioned this but Villa is on wages around 175k per week or some astronomical number like that. From what it seems like to me, Villa was all ready to come to us but Madrid swooped in with a crazy offer. The money, combined with the CL and staying in Spain probably just seemed too great to turn down and I don't fault him a bit. I've heard that he's a family man and that he's having a kid soon so the move to atletico makes complete sense.

yes Villa is good, very good... but he's also in the twilight of his career, and no longer a regular International... he's the Spanish Michael Owen!

Much rather someone younger, who can enjoy their PRIME FOOTBALLING YEARS with us... erm, like Bale, Verts and Lloris to name but three!!!!

(oh, two more... Simon Dawkins, and Jon Obika... almost forgot about them!!)

yes Villa is good, very good... but he's also in the twilight of his career, and no longer a regular International... he's the Spanish Michael Owen!

Much rather someone younger, who can enjoy their PRIME FOOTBALLING YEARS with us... erm, like Bale, Verts and Lloris to name but three!!!!

(oh, two more... Simon Dawkins, and Jon Obika... almost forgot about them!!)

Michael Owen!? C'mon now, give Villa some credit. That's an awful comparison.

Michael Owen!? C'mon now, give Villa some credit. That's an awful comparison.

I was gonna say Teddy Sheringham... but thought some of the newbies wouldn't know who I was on about!!

Blimey, you make ONE bad comparison, and everyone is onto you!

:balesnarl:

Gonna stick to look-a-likes in future!!!

Lads, I've only gone and signed him :gazza:

I messeged the bloke selling Benteke on eBay and we've struck up a deal. Someone find me Obika now!:avbdamn:

I said:
Dear myoldmansaid,

Listen friend, I've got a top notch offer for you.

I'm guessing you've heard of Jonathan Obika?

If you haven't you will do soon. The boys got bags of potential - when this kid gets on an Easyjet flight his baggage charges go through the roof. Bags my friend.

He'll be better than Messi one day, you mark my words.

Anyway, here's the offer...

Get your jaws off of my hand and let me finish

£22 million and this Benteke fella and Obika is yours

On loan, for the next 3 months.

I look forward to doing business with you.

myoldman said:
Dear grandmachine12,

Why yes,of course, the massive Spurs legend. We'd be well up for a straight swap for him, but don't know how to work it through ebay. Sorry.

- myoldmansaid

Ahhhh, we can all dream! with Garry Brady pulling the strings from midfield, and the Polston brothers shoring things up at the back... we've been in a downward spiral ever since!
What about Ally Dick ! The next Glenn Hoddle whilst Glenn Hoddle was still in the team. Heady days indeed ! :cudicini:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom