Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The league are generally either too shit or too competitive that's why. We aren't the only one dropping points regularly

Plus we have had much better injury luck, until now, then our other competitors.

Imagine if we were down to playing PEH and Tanganga as our starting CB's, with injuries in our MF and front 3.

or if we played with Kane for most of the season and Ndombele was missing games.

Doubt we would be top of the league or even in 4th.

Plus we have had much better injury luck, until now, then our other competitors.

Imagine if we were down to playing PEH and Tanganga as our starting CB's, with injuries in our MF and front 3.

or if we played with Kane for most of the season and Ndombele was missing games.

Doubt we would be top of the league or even in 4th.
Did you watch Woolwich vs United last night ? They were shit too , playing shit football even with modern manager.
Everton lost to newcastle which means we stick to where we are in the table , bar city everyone else has been shite , city themselves were shite before they got Ruben diaz
Surely levy can see that Mourinho isn't the problem and sacking him won't solve anything , we aren't going to hire manager who are a clear upgrade to mourinho, even if there is any , those manager won't come here anyway, we have no choice but to stick to what we have.

Last edited:
Did you watch Woolwich vs United last night ? They were shit too , playing shit football even with modern manager.
Surely levy can see that Mourinho isn't the problem and sacking him won't solve anything , we aren't going to hire manager who are a clear upgrade to mourinho, even if there is any , those manager won't come here anyway, no choice but to stick to what we have.

LOL

Of course their are managers that are upgrades on Mourinho, both overall and especially in terms of fits with us and our squad.

Poch for example had better results than Jose has had. Many people coming in with progressive ideas are likely going to have not only better results but much better football to watch as well.

Changing managers won't solve all our problems but it is the first step in getting us headed in the right direction.

Yes I watched Woolwich and United this morning and commented that I wasn't impressed by either. Arteta and Ole are far from what i would consider modern managers,

Of course their are managers that are upgrades on Mourinho, both overall and especially in terms of fits with us and our squad.
Name someone available and actually has any possibility to come here.. oh yeah chavs have sacked Fat frank , maybe you want him to replace jose ?

Last edited:
Name someone available and actually has any possibility to come here.. oh yeah chavs have sacked Fat frank , maybe you want him to replace jose ?

Ten Hag, Nagelsmann (although may not want to come), Blanc, Hassenhuttl, Marco Rose, Gasperini (although not sure he would want to come), Allegri.

Some debatable guys- Brenton not sure better but certainly not worse and at least the football would be fun to watch.

I am sure there are some that I am missing that is off the top of my head.

Ten Hag, Nagelsmann (although may not want to come), Blanc, Hassenhuttl, Marco Rose, Gasperini (although not sure he would want to come), Allegri.

Some debatable guys- Brenton not sure better but certainly not worse and at least the football would be fun to watch.

Blanc? Allegri? smh

Ten Hag and Nagelsmann will inevitably be snatched by a club bigger than us , Allegri is waiting for Madrid job , Hassenhuttl has contract till 2024 so unless he get sacked , he will be difficult to get.

The rest, i am not sure they are better than Jose Mourinho
We might try to hire ole gunnar solskjaer tho after United inevitably sack him

Ten Hag and Nagelsmann will inevitably be snatched by a club bigger than us , Allegri is waiting for Madrid job , Hassenhuttl has contract till 2024 so unless he get sacked , he will be difficult to get.

The rest, i am not sure they are better than Jose Mourinho
We might try to hire ole gunnar solskjaer tho after United inevitably sack him

No guarantee on the first two, although I think it is likely.

Would love to see a report in which Allegri says that, must have missed it which is certainly possible,

Guys with contracts move all the time especially from smaller clubs.

Jose had us finish 6th last year and going out easily in the FA and CL, this year we are currently 6th again in what is a down year in the PL, not sure what he has shown to be considered better than the guys listed that wasn't 5+ years ago for a much different club than us.

I think at the very least those guys get us into a similarly meh 6th place in the PL, have us beating LASK, Marine, Wycombe and Shkrondenjajkd and without a doubt have us playing a much more appealing style of football that fans actual want to watch on a weekly basis.

Only on here would people want to blame one of our coaches over the guy who MANAGES the players.
So we are seven points above Palace who have Benteke and Ayew as opposed to Harry And Son

All hypothetical I know but if we had Benteke and Ayew I would guess we have at least 6 points less, I would also think if Palace had Harry and Son they would have min 6 points more. I actually think my numbers are low and somewhat conservative.

Let‘s stop making excuses for Jose, both he and Hodgson play boring negative football, but Woy is doing a far better job with what he has.

Clearly I don’t want Hodgson, but time to put Jose‘s performance into context

So we are seven points above Palace who have Benteke and Ayew as opposed to Harry And Son

All hypothetical I know but if we had Benteke and Ayew I would guess we have at least 6 points less, I would also think if Palace had Harry and Son they would have min 6 points more. I actually think my numbers are low and somewhat conservative.

Let‘s stop making excuses for Jose, both he and Hodgson play boring negative football, but Woy is doing a far better job with what he has.

Mourinho is the worst possible thing to happen to this club in 10 years he’s killing us with this shit he puts on the pitch and his out of date tactics .we are falling further and further away from the top 4 every week he needs to be replaced now .

It would put Palace 5 points above us, I think it’s probably 10 more for Palace and 10 less for us., that puts them 13 above us .
Do any Jose fans not think Palace would be above us if we swapped strikers?

It would put Palace 5 points above us, I think it’s probably 10 more for Palace and 10 less for us., that puts them 13 above us .
Do any Jose fans not think Palace would be above us if we swapped strikers?
Woy with Kane, Son, Zaha and Eze would make us look like.. erm something even worse than the depressing mess we currently are.

EtA39z1XcAIQRmL

If you were Brighton, you'd just whip cross after cross in tomorrow.
Meaningless numbers, what does it show? Is there a goal conceded at the end of it? If so, what's the % scored?

Can't believe how presumptious our fanbase have become. He got us to LC Final, still mathematically in contention in PL, got to EL last 32 and FA Cup last 16. We are going on in all 4 competitions we were in and yet some fans calling for his head.

Last edited:
Here’s one for you all which basically shows up balls and being brave on the pitch and talking big acting hard behind a mic and playing like a mouse. After we beat city at home we had 20 points they had 12, plus 8 lead. Post match , although I did find it funny, Jose said they can keep the ball and we will keep the 3 points. Today they are on 44 points 11 ahead a swing of 19 points. In that time we have drawn with palace, wolves and Fulham at home. Lost to pool twice and Leicester where especially in both home games we hardly laid a finger on them. Beat Leeds and SU. Looks like pep has being keeping the ball and points since that comment. No point talking big then send your team out to play like mice and with no balls. Comes back to bite you when you don’t back up your arrongance and big talk with big performances especially against teams we should beating. What’s frustrating is if he had some balls or cajoles as deemey would say we probably could have won most of those games. Wasted opportunity.

A win today won’t stop the venom people are feeling towards him. Not even winning the LC I’m afraid. He will win something here, maybe two, but he will be hounded out of here because of the “damage he would do to the club.”

Me? I’m hoping he does this same ‘damage’ he’s done to other clubs and he can leave me happy!

Back
Top Bottom