Modric

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What I was trying to point out was that he was leaving us for the money, whether it was Chelsea or Real Madrid. He wasn't leaving to spite us or to do the big "star move". Thankfully he's probably making more money at RM than he'd have at the chavs.

The real hero here is Daniel Levy. Could've let him go to the chavs but realised they would be our direct rivals in the following few seasons, so told them to fuck off and sold Luka a year later to Madrid. Then he fucks over United. Whats the saying? You got...

Most players have left us for 'money', but not all imv

Berbatov and Teddy, I think genuinely wanted to compete for (realistic) trophies, highest level, etc. But, I agree with you Modric, the incentive there was clear.

Berbatov and Teddy, I think genuinely wanted to compete for (realistic) trophies, highest level, etc. But, I agree with you Modric, the incentive there was clear.

Yeah, wasn't replying to your post, quite agreed with it to be fair. Time to move on, was hoping posting about someone owning outside rights to his salary would help in that.

I don't think it was just the money, Real Madrid are probably the biggest club in the world. I think it was the way in which he forced the move that makes him a complete and utter bastard.

Interestingly the Daily Star are saying Real are offering £30 million plus Modric for Bale :bentley:

fuck off Real.

I don't know why you guys are trying to guess why he left, I mean he literally spelled it out for us.
4ae06.jpg

What I was trying to point out was that he was leaving us for the money, whether it was Chelsea or Real Madrid. He wasn't leaving to spite us or to do the big "star move".
Isn't leaving for money and going to a galactico club the very definition of a "star move"?

Sammy is right, he was a cunt with the way he behaved. There was simply no need for it. Now that may not have been all due to him, but the influence of his agent as well, but he actions were none the less those of total self interest, with disregard for club and fans.

Berbatov should never, ever be compared to Teddy. Ted would've stayed had Sugar offered him a decent contract. He told Sugar he'd stay if he got a long contract (4 or 5 years I think) with a testimonial. Sugar basically told him to fuck off, and then SAF came in for him. Sugar's loss IMO.

Berbatoss, on the other hand, behaved the same as Modric - worse in fact. Whilst I do believe in he power of forgiveness (save for a certain Mr. Campbell), his behaviour at the time was as disgusting as the little rat's. Refusing to play is never acceptable. Teddy never did anything of the kind.

Isn't leaving for money and going to a galactico club the very definition of a "star move"?

Sammy is right, he was a cunt with the way he behaved. There was simply no need for it. Now that may not have been all due to him, but the influence of his agent as well, but he actions were none the less those of total self interest, with disregard for club and fans.

Well my first post on this thread was directing everyones attention to the fact that a significant percentage of Modric's pay is automatically handed over to a third party (who happens to be Dinamo's Director of Sport), no matter where he plays. This is a result of being so poor and wanting to play for a big club in Croatia at a young age. So after 20% of his paycheck is taken away, whatever he made here pales in comparison to what he'd make at the chavs or Real or wherever. After taxes, he probably made a fucking pittance compared to what his performances on the pitch were worth for us.

Well my first post on this thread was directing everyones attention to the fact that a significant percentage of Modric's pay is automatically handed over to a third party (who happens to be Dinamo's Director of Sport), no matter where he plays. This is a result of being so poor and wanting to play for a big club in Croatia at a young age. So after 20% of his paycheck is taken away, whatever he made here pales in comparison to what he'd make at the chavs or Real or wherever. After taxes, he probably made a fucking pittance compared to what his performances on the pitch were worth for us.

As much as I find this kind of exploitation sickening. It still doesn't excuse his behaviour in trying to manouver his way out of the club.

As much as I find this kind of exploitation sickening. It still doesn't excuse his behaviour in trying to manouver his way out of the club.
Exactly.

Besides, I wouldn't mind his WHL wages, even with a 20% deduction. I'd be quite happy with even £10k per week. I wouldn't be considering myself "poor".

Like with Berbatov, never forgive the cunt.

Both class players, but classless in their actions towards a club and fans that gave them nothing but love for when they had the shirt of the cockerel on.

Fuck him, fuck him and his shit career since. Fuck his stupid rat face. Fuck the shirt I have of him on the back. Can't even shift that.

Im so over modric now. Do I miss watching him play football? Of course. The guy was a genius and, along with a couple of other players, made the price of admission seem worthwhile.
I don't despise him though.

Unfortunately we now I've in a world where certain clubs can pay in excess of 30 million for a team's star player and then leave him on the bench most weeks. If anythin,g that annoys me more, in particular with berbartov. All that effort to derail our progression and then he doesn't even last more than a couple of seasons and ends up at fulham for Christ sake.

Imagine if we'd had berbatov up front for the last few years. Playing with modric, vdv, bale and Lennon as they are now. We probably would have at least challenged for the title. Maybe the club's management should have been more convincing in this case?

Im so over modric now. Do I miss watching him play football? Of course. The guy was a genius and, along with a couple of other players, made the price of admission seem worthwhile.
I don't despise him though.

Unfortunately we now I've in a world where certain clubs can pay in excess of 30 million for a team's star player and then leave him on the bench most weeks. If anythin,g that annoys me more, in particular with berbartov. All that effort to derail our progression and then he doesn't even last more than a couple of seasons and ends up at fulham for Christ sake.

Imagine if we'd had berbatov up front for the last few years. Playing with modric, vdv, bale and Lennon as they are now. We probably would have at least challenged for the title. Maybe the club's management should have been more convincing in this case?
We weren't where we are now when Berbatov was here, and any player knows, or at least knew at that time, that playing for United meant honours. The player had made up his mind to go there and I don't see what choice we had. It was either make him run down his contract sitting on the bench or in the reserves, or get £30m for him. For Levy that was a no brainer.

My only regret with Berbatov is that we didn't bring him back last year. I think the United experience stung him a bit and I think he could've been a relatively cheap addition to the striking force and relatively ego free. He could've been the difference between where we are now and a title tilt.

Oh well, could talk all day over what might have been...

as been said before , wanting to leave and get a better job for what reason is not the problem. Forcing a move by behaving like a small child that doesnt get the ice cream cone it wants before dinner is ...

What do you consider the correct way to get his move?

Is this what THFC and RM meant about "a special relationship". Real turn our best players heads, and when it dont work out we can have their scraps back in part ex for yet another star player. Levy, nip it in the bud now, i hope we get Real in the Champions league next season(results allowing obviously) so we can take their pants down with a bale hatrick home and away, fuckin arrogant cunts.

Back
Top Bottom