Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably because the stewards didn't bother trying to get us to sit down!

They were so vigilante in the first half hour in shelf side up by the corner. It was a bloke and a bird and the bloke was sound but the bird was going mental and in the end I had to tell them both that they were the ones that were causing the obstruction the whole time and asked them to sit down...They gave up after half hour.

Just watched the game in full. Really pleased there was no siege on the edge of our box at the end of the game. Also - even when they were on top, they didn't get in many good positions. Great win. If we beat Liverpool (which is going to be so tough - Sturridge and Coutinho have totally transformed them it seems) I think we can afford to lose to City and Chelsea and still finish above Woolwich.

Any news about the repercussions of ArseAnal's classy' fans throwing a banana on towards Bale, or the Angola songs that were ringing round the away end???
Points deduction maybe? Nah, doubt it will even get another mention!

I'm just glad that those classless South London vermin have proved themselves to be equally as BAD LOSERS as they USED TO BE BAD WINNERS!
I thought the banana thing was pretty funny. Still retarded as the bloke will probably be found and banned though. Don't care about the Angola songs, can't take the high ground when we're singing songs with lines like "we don't give a fuck if you're hanging from a tree" in them. Also we'd be singing the Angola songs ourselves if he still played for them or City or anyone else.

Just watched the game in full. Really pleased there was no siege on the edge of our box at the end of the game. Also - even when they were on top, they didn't get in many good positions. Great win. If we beat Liverpool (which is going to be so tough - Sturridge and Coutinho have totally transformed them it seems) I think we can afford to lose to City and Chelsea and still finish above Woolwich.
Yes agree wth you I thought we could have won 4-1 even 5-1! Our chances on goal far better than theirs, I am thinking training this week may involve:thumbup: shooting on goal

Best day out I've had since, well, last Monday.

The good times just keep coming.

Now for Inter on Thursday. They are getting fucked up.

Bricklayers pre - game was fucking mental. Ended up drowned in beer by the time the Lewis Holtby song had it's 50th rendition.

Happy days. :freundgoal:

HI William, we will often sacrifice the mid to gain a cutting edge. We did pretty much the same when we beat Woolwich last season. The way they set up you almost expect them to tin the mid battle, but what decides games are goals not mid possession.

I don't want Bale tracking back all the time, so I disagree completely with that comment. I want him conserving his energy for doing damage to the other team.

My namesake Greavesie barely ever tracked back, he concentrated on his job of being a football genius and scoring more top flight goals in this country (357) than anyone else has done or is likely to.

I don't actually disagree with you, I was merely trying to point out that there is an occasion negative to Bale's new roaming role. I appreciate that AVB has stopped treating him like a winger and is now playing him like a false-9 and having someone else (Gylfi) cover the left flank. I think this decision was part of the reason Walcott had a quiet match, whereas he rampaged last time around (albeit against 10 men).

I'm wondering if we don't give Bale a runaround sometime as the sole forward. Just to see what happens.

“The Woolwich defence are higher than your average junkie”.

Ian McCourt- The Guardian

Sunday 3 March 2013 17.56 GMT

I think this decision was part of the reason Walcott had a quiet match, whereas he rampaged last time around (albeit against 10 men).
Check out Sol's commentary on Walcott from MOTD2. I don't think it's Sol's own analysis, mind, but he shows how Walcott was trying to beat Spurs's high line, but Wilshere simply never saw him to release him.

Check out Sol's commentary on Walcott from MOTD2. I don't think it's Sol's own analysis, mind, but he shows how Walcott was trying to beat Spurs's high line, but Wilshere simply never saw him to release him.

Yup the vacuous prick was clearly reading a script.

Back
Top Bottom