January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched both his games against Liverpool. Was horrified by his lack of dynamism.
Yeah, but he's young and things like that can be coached into him or something something. But the important thing is is he an 'intelligent' player. We just need to give him a few years to work it out.

His motivation I can't speak to other than internet fame. But he has been elevated by the cunts over there like the owner of the site. They/he gets the clicks/money but Hercules gets the acclaim. ITKs over there have their posts colored blue and you can't downvote anything they post or at least that's the tack I've taken. Many things straddle the line between 'ITK' and opinion so it's just safer.

He probably goes mental because he knows he full of shit and once the curtain is drawn the jig will be up. There would be huge amounts of abuse. He's never been right about anything (prospectively). He's always right or 'ITK' in the past.

You may be right about that or you may be wrong. All I can say for now is don't be surprised if what you think will happen has already happened. Big news will break sooner than you think and this post will all make sense then.

I think we need more than a stop gap, Mark.
Surely it's now clear we need a quality front man not just happy to warm the bench when Kane is fit. We need someone capable of challenging Kane week in week out for his place.
Kane plays too many games because of this approach.
Totally agree mate we are in part in this situation because he has been over played can only hope the rest sees him come back stronger and fitter, but if we want to become a big club then we need to think big and have competition for places not the excuse that we don't have anyone sitting on the bench earning big money before that's exciting what we need.

His motivation I can't speak to other than internet fame. But he has been elevated by the cunts over there like the owner of the site. They/he gets the clicks/money but Hercules gets the acclaim. ITKs over there have their posts colored blue and you can't downvote anything they post or at least that's the tack I've taken. Many things straddle the line between 'ITK' and opinion so it's just safer.

He probably goes mental because he knows he full of shit and once the curtain is drawn the jig will be up. There would be huge amounts of abuse. He's never been right about anything (prospectively). He's always right or 'ITK' in the past.

What makes it all the more stupid is that Hercules was around for ages posting vague nonsense long before the site officially gave him ITK status. He was widely regarded as a laughingstock until SC got desperate after JJ decided to stick to Twitter.

Signing Piatek would also allow for this when everyone's fit.

Piatek
Son - Kane - Dele
Ndombele - DM
LB - Alderweireld - Sanchez - RB
Lloris

We need to use this as an opportunity to move away from complete reliance on Harry. To be honest, we *are* close to being the Harry Kane team.

Love him to bits but this is becoming a recurring theme.
Yup. We need to take this chance. Either adapt so that we can rotate Kane out, or actually have another striker play alongside him.

Is this Piatek guy any good?

Last season he played like a man possessed, closing people down, scoring all types of goals. Hasn't been the same this season but Milan are absolute dogshit.

Change of scenery, new league surrounded by better players may reignite that hunger, especially when he has to eventually compete with Kane etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom