January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sold on Piatek. I'm also not sure how interested we are in him either.

I've never been a fan of his, but I'd take Cavani in a heartbeat right now. He's the kind of seasoned striker that would walk straight into the team.

I've never been a fan of his, but I'd take Cavani in a heartbeat right now. He's the kind of seasoned striker that would walk straight into the team.
Yeah cavani is would do for a few seasons

Not selling Eriksen when he made it clear he wasn't going to sign a new contract in 2018 or whenever it was, just endlessly stupid. Probably one of the things about Levy that has annoyed me the most.

We need to use this as an opportunity to move away from complete reliance on Harry. To be honest, we *are* close to being the Harry Kane team.

Love him to bits but this is becoming a recurring theme.

Cavani looks like a finished player from what I’ve seen from him this past year. He’s been injured for the most part and hasn’t been look good even when on the field.

He could be another Falcao. I rather take my chances with Piatek.

They'd want massive money and we only need a stop gap. I think he's great but let's be honest once Kane is back he'll be top dog and I can't see Raul Jimenez going for that or cash rich Wolves running with the idea of us doing so.
I think we need more than a stop gap, Mark.
Surely it's now clear we need a quality front man not just happy to warm the bench when Kane is fit. We need someone capable of challenging Kane week in week out for his place.
Kane plays too many games because of this approach.

A loan might be good for him, especially if Dier is a CB now. Let another team suffer his silly mistakes while he irons out his game.

Mourinho will never accept a defender who is reckless on the ball.
Yeah, cause Dier is an example of a player that don't make mistakes. You can't make a wrong decision If you don't think at all! :kanehand:

Last edited:
Do those weirdos there paying him for the info or whats his motivation for misleading them? Or is it just a inferiority complex he tries to fill with kudos online and that's also why he goes mental when anyone disagrees?
His motivation I can't speak to other than internet fame. But he has been elevated by the cunts over there like the owner of the site. They/he gets the clicks/money but Hercules gets the acclaim. ITKs over there have their posts colored blue and you can't downvote anything they post or at least that's the tack I've taken. Many things straddle the line between 'ITK' and opinion so it's just safer.

He probably goes mental because he knows he full of shit and once the curtain is drawn the jig will be up. There would be huge amounts of abuse. He's never been right about anything (prospectively). He's always right or 'ITK' in the past.

Cavani looks like a finished player from what I’ve seen from him this past year. He’s been injured for the most part and hasn’t been look good even when on the field.

He could be another Falcao. I rather take my chances with Piatek.

think about how Jose wants to play. Long ball target man football. Cavani couldn’t suit the role any more if he tried. He would be perfect

I think we need more than a stop gap, Mark.
Surely it's now clear we need a quality front man not just happy to warm the bench when Kane is fit. We need someone capable of challenging Kane week in week out for his place.
Kane plays too many games because of this approach.

I'd love someone to compete with Kane but realistically speaking do the teams that have Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Firmino, Salah etc have genuine competition for that lot? Harry is still top class I don't think it's financially realistic to get a genuine threat to him in the team in but if we can great, I just don't see it happening for numerous reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom