Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only plus of getting Mourinho would be in watching to see if the press start giving him a hard time after licking his balls for so many years. I can see the Maureen in decline headlines now.

I did call this some time back. I think Jose wants to prove he's still got it after a relative failure at Utd. I also think that to his mind, he wants to prove he isn't 'just' a cheque book manager. He has admired us from afar since Bale rinsed Real for us back in the day.

Not looking forward to it - yet 10 years ago I would have shat myself with excitement.

Why was this not done immediately after the Sheffield Utd game, so we had time to appoint a replacement for the West Ham gsme
Because it's Levy. He probably found a clause that Poch wore Adidas shoes on the tuesday training and stripped a million off of him.

5 years of doing what he did. 4 months of poor results given 4 key players wanting to leave and not giving their all. Is that really what defined the job poch did. What a joke.

Very sad day indeed. I don't know if I ever became fully Poch out but I did think there were a lot of questions about if he was the right guy moving forward. Obviously a great, great manager in our history so it was always going to be a sad day when he left.

Honestly though, I'd take Jose.

One thing, the man is a winner, if he was to play football better than we have witnessed this season and turned the season around, i'd probably change my opinion of him..I don't really know to be fair..

I said right from the off that i wanted Ancelotti and still do. again another winner.
George Graham was a winner, but fair enough.

It honestly frightens me that there are any Spurs fans that would support this appointment.

If Levy appoints him it also pours cold water over the usual verbal dung he spouts when he appoints managers, how they 'play the Tottenham way' with exiting fast football. Absolutely laughable.

Jose Mourinho can FUCK OFF.
It was always about the 'project' at spurs. Has it now changed? What's the new project. Spend shit loads? I doubt it somehow. I wouldn't trust Jose with 200m. I'd trust someone who has shown me they can make my investment go further. Oh wait, we sacked him.

I’m quite saddened by this. Think this was quite hasty. We have been terrible for months but the man solidified us as a top 4 team and took us to a UCL final for goodness sake. I think he deserved longer.
Of course, I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes and need to trust the board have better scope of that than we do.
Thanks for everything Poch, will remember you fondly. Let’s hope it doesn’t pan out that we’ve bitten our nose off to spite our face.

5 years of doing what he did. 4 months of poor results given 4 key players wanting to leave and not giving their all. Is that really what defined the job poch did. What a joke.
Come on, it's more than 4 months, it's a whole season and then some of poor performances, results have just caught up with shit performances.

I'm actually baffled by the "experts" reactions in the media, it's like they have literally only paid attention to our European results since the turn of 2019.

Based on no evidence whatsoever, I think it was mutual. Poch has been fed up since the summer, and realises he should have finished then.

Suits both Poch and Levy: Poch to Bayern to lose by one goal to a Mourinho bus-park counter-attack scored by a resurgent Moura who will then get slated after the game for some spurious reason.

Back
Top Bottom