Tranmere Rovers F.C. v Tottenham Hotspur F.C - Friday 4th January, 2018, 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have met loads of TFC posters over the years but there are still a few i need to tick off including Tottenham Sean Tottenham Sean and Joe Clash Joe Clash among others.

Likewise mate

giphy.gif

So we're left with the unconvincing explanation that he did it so the good people of Birkenhead could see Harry Kane in the flesh.

Be honest, that's a piss-poor reason. Do you really care who Tranmere fans get to and don't get to see?

I was a bit unconvinced at the time and thought it stupid, but are people really still going on about this today?

Fine if he got injured, but he didnt.
At least everyone now knows he's not suffering from fatigue, so thats a good

And now everyone knows Winks, Rose and Lloris were.

Oh, there was me thinking that rotation was common against 4th division opposition in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.
Didnt realise if they werent fatigued we would have gone full strength last night, silly me.

Rose has been rotated all season.

And Lloris? Really? Come on now
:gallas:

Oh, there was me thinking that rotation was common against 4th division opposition in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.
Didnt realise if they werent fatigued we would have gone full strength last night, silly me.

Rose has been rotated all season.

And Lloris? Really? Come on now
:gallas:
Just as absurd as saying a 15 minute run out of the lowest intensity football against a League Two side 0-6 down proves a player wasn't tired after 4 games in 10 days last week.

Just as absurd as saying a 15 minute run out of the lowest intensity football against a League Two side 0-6 down proves a player wasn't tired after 4 games in 10 days last week.

And as absurd as claiming someone has been suffering from fatigue for the last two months but never ever thinking they should be given a day off, and continuing to defend playing them every single game for absolutely no reason.

If I think Kane is fatigued, then Id think Poch is careless. There is no fatigue management without rest.

And as absurd as claiming someone has been suffering from fatigue for the last two months but never ever thinking they should be given a day off, and continuing to defend playing them every single game for absolutely no reason.

If I think Kane is fatigued, then Id think Poch is careless. There is no fatigue management without rest.
You don't see yesterday as a rest for Kane?

Who claimed they've been suffering from fatigue for the last 2 months?

So we're left with the unconvincing explanation that he did it so the good people of Birkenhead could see Harry Kane in the flesh.

Be honest, that's a piss-poor reason. Do you really care who Tranmere fans get to and don't get to see?
Or that he played clever by
1- allowing Kane to get on and get another goal to add to his tally
2- demonstrating that he is taking the cup seriously- a criticism that has repeatedly been levelled at him about disrespecting the “lesser” trophies
3- a LOT of Tranmere fans (including posters on here) were looking forward to seeing Harry, Dele etc play live at their ground. And rightly so. No different than our fans looking forward to seeing players like Messi against us. Football fans want to see the biggest and the best playing live without doing the shameless tourist thing.

I can absolutely see why Poch made the decision to give Harry a run out. I don’t necessarily agree with it because there was no reason at all to risk an injury to him with a game that we had already won long before he came on, but there are legitimate reasons why he made the decision.

You don't see yesterday as a rest for Kane?

What turning up for a 7 hour coach ride, sitting outside in 4 degrees, coming on and playing football, going home on the coach for 7 hours, getting to bed at 4am, and then training today?
Not really.

Id say rest would be sitting at home with your missus and kids and going to bed at 9 o clock if you want

What turning up for a 7 hour coach ride, sitting outside in 4 degrees, coming on and playing football, going home on the coach for 7 hours, getting to bed at 4am, and then training today?
Not really.

Id say rest would be sitting at home with your missus and kids and going to bed at 9 o clock if you want
Not a coach journey! On like, one of those really luxurious coaches Spurs have? Like bare legroom and a physio?

If they had 14 hours on a coach yesterday, that probably means they didn't have a full training session as they would normally. So those 15 mins + warm up/warm down were all the exercise he did yesterday. Whilst sitting in a luxurious coach for the rest of the day?

Nah, that's not a rest in Kane's world.

Not a coach journey! On like, one of those really luxurious coaches Spurs have? Like bare legroom and a physio?

If they had 14 hours on a coach yesterday, that probably means they didn't have a full training session as they would normally. So those 15 mins + warm up/warm down were all the exercise he did yesterday. Whilst sitting in a luxurious coach for the rest of the day?

Nah, that's not a rest in Kane's world.

Was last night better for fatigue than staying home all night?
If staying home wasnt a better treatment, then clearly fatigue has little effect and shouldnt be used as an excuse when we lose.

Anyone else but Poch and I'd be inclined to agree

But he understands and appreciates fans arguably better than any manager and it's a reason we reciprocate in turn.

Like he said... it was one of a number of reasons the decision was made. I'm sure one was the line from sweetgrass mcmanaman

Never known such a minor action to be less ephemeral

Back
Top Bottom