EUROPA LEAGUE: Lazio (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Ultras do like to cover themselves in the scarf of their club to be fair. Not like over here used to be with the casual gear as much. But too good to be true for it not to be Ultras against innocent Spurs

To be honest, its not your average forum fan who is generally in with the "hardcore" of the support. (obviously Carlo Brigante excluded, he's top boy)

Whilst you guys might say it wasn't Lazio fans, you don't represent your entire fan base.

It would be incompetent, nay, fucking irresponsible for the Italian police to have said that the five men arrested were Lazio fans if they weren't 100% sure. That they are sure is good enough for me.

Roles reversed, if even a tiny minority of fans of an English club turned out to be stabby racist cunts, and I appreciate that it is a small minority of Lazio fans, we'd be thrown out of all European competition for at least a decade.

I expect we'll be treated to another 90 minutes of monkey chants, why should the club even attempt to control their fans if they know the worst that will happen to them is a fine the equivalent of a weekly wage for a squad player?

To be honest I wasn't sure if entering the discussion.

It is clear, understandable, and it was imaginable that the spirit would have not been particularly open to discussion.

Nevertheless I feel to say a couple of things.

That the aggressors were supporters of any club, let alone Lazio, is nowhere even to be suspected by the investigators, who have already arrested few of them but have no reason to corroborate and confirm such claim.

Repubblica when it comes to talk about Lazio is the least reliable source that you can find on the net.

Especially when it has the chance to put together Lazio and fascism.

It is second only to the merde supporter fanzines and only becasue it want to mask that it is actually a merde supporter fanzine written by supporter (there is a picture of a meeting in the newspaper with one of the journalist wearing a merde jersey) to supporters.

And if fact while in the title read of 100 assailors Lazio supporter in the article only mention of 30 attackers with no other reason to be identified as Lazio supporter than the fact those attacked where Tottenham supporters, adding that yours is a big Jewish supporter community but never mentioning the fact that the attackers may have been fascists with no interest in football.

But that it is probably because the two words Laziale and fascist are considered synonym. And repubblica, I can assure you, love it.

I am afraid to add that to see the picture of a player, whose contract has never been renewed since and because of the gesture, causing his well known hatred against the club, being the proof of that synonym is limiting of the quality of any discussion.

And the chances of any discussion.

I agree that it's a policing matter but the club cannot be absolved of any responsibility.

The fans are a representation of the club, home or way, it doesn't matter. For this to not happen again, teams must be banned, play matches on a neutral territory or played behind closed doors.

A message needs to be sent, lets not forget that they've already received a punishment for racially abusing Spurs players.

This is one step too far IMO.

Agree totally... the fact it's all over the SPORTS pages and on various SPURS websites makes this a football matter... otherwise it would've simply been in the NEWS section if it wasn't football related, who's kidding who, of COURSE it's football related, and as such, the football club should be punished.
Lazio really ARE the Chelsea of Italy aren't they...? (but without the Russian money!)

Betcha Spurs will STILL get into more trouble and get more negative headlines if we sing YIDDOS throughout the game... s'fucking warped innit?

It would be incompetent, nay, fucking irresponsible for the Italian police to have said that the five men arrested were Lazio fans if they weren't 100% sure. That they are sure is good enough for me.

Roles reversed, if even a tiny minority of fans of an English club turned out to be stabby racist cunts, and I appreciate that it is a small minority of Lazio fans, we'd be thrown out of all European competition for at least a decade.

I expect we'll be treated to another 90 minutes of monkey chants, why should the club even attempt to control their fans if they know the worst that will happen to them is a fine the equivalent of a weekly wage for a squad player?

You say that. But the Italian police are incompetent and fucking irresponsible. They're scared of the Ultras

Just to confirm what i said about reliability of repubblica, they now have eliminated any reference to the aggressors being Laziali and only saying that the investigators are looking into the groups link to Lazio supporter.

give another couple of hours and that will be gone too.

i dont think this is an appropriate time to try and stick up for your club and plead any sort of defense..

this goes beyond football and is incredibly serious.. someone could die tonight, and it 'just so happens' to be on the eve of a Tottenham v Lazio match and Tottenham fans are injured..

action needs to be taken to ban lazio until they sort out their racism and hooliganism that clearly exists within the lazio fanbase, no matter how small.

image.axd

The fact he just looks SO FUCKING ANGRY is what makes this such a chilling picture...
..and to think, he's being employed over here! SHAME ON SWINDON!

mind you, i hear Chelsea are on the look out for a manager next season... would be a perfectfuckingfit!

I am afraid to add that to see the picture of a player, whose contract has never been renewed since and because of the gesture, causing his well known hatred against the club, being the proof of that synonym is limiting of the quality of any discussion.

Didn't renew his contract........pfft

Why not sack him on the spot if the club are so against racism?

It's surely gross misconduct to incite the crowd with a fascist salute..........but no they couldn't do that as too many of the fans support and share his views

i dont think this is an appropriate time to try and stick up for your club and plead any sort of defense..

this goes beyond football and is incredibly serious.. someone could die tonight, and it 'just so happens' to be on the eve of a Tottenham v Lazio match and Tottenham fans are injured..

action needs to be taken to ban lazio until they sort out their racism and hooliganism that clearly exists within the lazio fanbase, no matter how small.

I am not sticking up for my club, I am sticking up for myself as a Lazio supporter, the truth and even any chance to calm things down.

If people keep saying that they were Lazio supporter, and the police never said that, and not realising that this is only based on the fact that the victims were Tottenham supporter and tonight the two clubs play each other.

to calm down it is the only way to avoid what you, and many other including me, are rightly afraid it may happen.

to keep accusing without a simple proof and stik up for those accusations whatever is the reality of the facts, which is that there is no reason to accuse Lazio supporters, won't help.

Back
Top Bottom