Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The squad has holes.

Rose is a shadow and I don't care if he leaves. Dier and Wanyama were both poor and Dembele is a worn out horse.

You may be right on Rose and Dembele. And if so, we should be proactive about bringing in the best possible replacements. For me, there's still quality in Rose and I'll take whatever number of games Dembele's fitness allows over any of the proposed replacements.

I guess my view of the ambition would be that guys like Alli, Dier, Sanchez, Kane, perhaps Eriksen and Son, hopefully Trippier and Davies, they are all at an age and a point in their careers where they are likely to have their peak as players in front of them rather than behind them. We push on just by keeping the squad together, plus gain yet more advantage of stability and experience with each other and within the system. The team we already have is one of the best in Europe, is only getting better, and I have a hard time seeing most of our transfer targets cracking the first XI when everyone is fit and in form.

Keeping those players together isn't just about humbly accepting a lack of transfer activity though, it's about smashing the wage structure and locking those guys into contracts that establish them as cornerstones of an ambitious future for the club. That's what I'm eager for this summer. Pochettino and Kane are done, now lock in the rest.

Hmmm, so when Pochettino said: "It's so important today to identify our targets for next summer. If we wait until May and sell before signing, it's so difficult to bring in players that can help. This season is a very good example. We signed good players but it was so late, with no preseason and then they have to play. You need six or seven months for the players to adapt themselves to the team, the dynamics, everything. And that is always against us. We were talking about how important it is to identify our targets and on 3 July, when we start preseason, have them here. If not, it's so difficult for them to help the team. And during the season, you're going to pay" he actually meant the opposite.

Interesting take

:sonhmm:
How do you know we haven't identified our targets?

What i won't do is bitch and moan and whine and gripe and argue and melt on here over and over again to complete strangers on the internet when we have very little idea what is actually going on behind the scenes and ULTIMATELY it has absolutely zero bearing on how the club is run anyway.
The irony is, you posted this paragraph at the end of a full blown novel where you bitched and moaned and whined and griped and argued and melted to complete strangers on the internet.

But he is so much more than good and like Rooney his unselfishness should not be seen negatively.

In our side in any of the last 3 years we would have won the league twice. I am sure of that.

...Well it would have fucked Chelsea in 16/17 for starters. :

Seriously though, the prob with that assertion is that we had the like of Son & Deli clocking up similar numbers anyway and you'd have to deduct a lot of those to accomodate Hazard's playing time.

...Plus the cunt goes on strike bi-annually.

Hazard is world class. In the Spanish league playing for Real Madrid he would score a good 20 goals for season.
Yes he is world class, but I think that Real's most expensive incoming player this summer will always be seen as the natural heir to Ronaldo, and Hazard will never be that goal scoring machine, so although he will be a great playmaker in that XI, Real will still lack a goal scoring machine to compensate the loss of Ronaldo.

Back
Top Bottom