Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Such was my boredom I sank to perusing NewsNow to see if any clickbait sites had made up any stories.

None. Zero. We're not even "linked" with anyone, no hint that we're considering working toward thinking about preparing a bid. Nothing.

It's the ITKs I feel for.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Such was my boredom I sank to perusing NewsNow to see if any clickbait sites had made up any stories.

None. Zero. We're not even "linked" with anyone, no hint that we're considering working toward thinking about preparing a bid. Nothing.

It's the ITK I feel for.

giphy.gif
You mean you don't think the fact that Grealish likes Luka Modric means he is definitely about to sign for Spurs?

I'm in the wrong career if those twat 'journalists' are making a living

What makes me laugh with the whole ''Poch gave Levy an ultimatum'' in May brigade is that surely that shows, if their interpretation is true, that Poch is not afraid to present his displeasure to the media.

Yet, we have heard nothing of Poch criticising our current window.

So if your interpretation was correct (it wasn't) originally then surely you must accept Poch and Levy are making moves behind the scenes currently otherwise Poch would be in the media saying we ''need to be braver sooner''?

In essence, however this plays out the melters will claim they are right. As they always do.

If Poch says explicitly something against their thoughts they interpret. If he says something agreeing with them they take him at his word.

It's transparently pathetic.

Hazard is a good player, but he won't give them 20+ goals every season, because imo he isn't selfish enough.
A player like Hazard would be ideal to elevate another superstar in the team, but he won't be it himself

But he is so much more than good and like Rooney his unselfishness should not be seen negatively.

In our side in any of the last 3 years we would have won the league twice. I am sure of that.

Kovacic

Well... unlikely we’ll pay whatever that is! Is the lad next level good? Wasn’t first choice for Croatia tbf
When you have got Modric in front of you its might make being selected first up a bit difficult!

What makes me laugh with the whole ''Poch gave Levy an ultimatum'' in May brigade is that surely that shows, if their interpretation is true, that Poch is not afraid to present his displeasure to the media.

Yet, we have heard nothing of Poch criticising our current window.

So if your interpretation was correct (it wasn't) originally then surely you must accept Poch and Levy are making moves behind the scenes currently otherwise Poch would be in the media saying we ''need to be braver sooner''?

In essence, however this plays out the melters will claim they are right. As they always do.

If Poch says explicitly something against their thoughts they interpret. If he says something agreeing with them they take him at his word.

It's transparently pathetic.
Hmmm, so when Pochettino said: "It's so important today to identify our targets for next summer. If we wait until May and sell before signing, it's so difficult to bring in players that can help. This season is a very good example. We signed good players but it was so late, with no preseason and then they have to play. You need six or seven months for the players to adapt themselves to the team, the dynamics, everything. And that is always against us. We were talking about how important it is to identify our targets and on 3 July, when we start preseason, have them here. If not, it's so difficult for them to help the team. And during the season, you're going to pay" he actually meant the opposite.

Interesting take

:sonhmm:

Back
Top Bottom