Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Grealish and Martial only would still constitute a good window btw - we will not be signing 5-6 players - people need to be realistic

You know what. Fuck all this bullshit. Football is meant to be enjoyed.

The World Cup is over and the media are back on us like a rash. Bottlers with weak mentality. Kane is back to being a tap in merchant. Every other club is winning the transfer window.

Consequently the flapping and cunt offs are stepping up a notch on here, you can feel it in the air.

We'll probably sign some players this window, but probably not enough or the "right ones" to make a certain type of supporter happy.

But i really don't care.

If we fail to make a single signing - i don't care. If we sign all the players in the whole fucking world i honestly don't care. If we sign a complete unknown who becomes the next Gareth Bale in his fourth season at the club.... or a big money striker who is worse than Soldado - i don't care.

I will enjoy supporting Tottenham, i will enjoy watching every game and as many in person as i can. I will watch us score some amazing goals and play some beautiful football and i will probably be disappointed at times. We may win a cup and i will be happy, we may win more than a cup and i will be even more happy. But if we dont i will feel the same about Spurs as i always have.

What i won't do is bitch and moan and whine and gripe and argue and melt on here over and over again to complete strangers on the internet when we have very little idea what is actually going on behind the scenes and ULTIMATELY it has absolutely zero bearing on how the club is run anyway.

But whatever makes you happy.
In a nutshell.........maybe a bit long to fit in a nutshell but we'll let you off
:dierpochhug::pochserious::sonlol::sonpoint:

Grealish and Martial only would still constitute a good window btw - we will not be signing 5-6 players - people need to be realistic
Where would we put 5-6 players in the first XI/bench anyway? We need to shore up CM and get Toby/Rose sorted (stay or sell), but outside of that we are looking for bench depth.

Martial is really good but its probably the position with the lowest need in the squad, and at this point I'd rather have an academy player on the bench to backup Kane then blow another 15-25 million on a new signing.

We've tried all sorts of ways to back up Kane. We tried to be smart, find a young prospect and see if they can catch fire like our other young players have. That didn't work, and Vincent is now going to be sold off. We tried finding a canny veteran who could be happy in a spot role. That failed, he turned to be too far gone.

We've thrown in wide forwards to play as a different kind of forward relying more on pace on the counter (Son), or trickery and assholery (Lamela in the second half against Chelsea), and those have worked best.

I think we either have to stick to what works, or spend all the money on a real star player.

If we do the latter, Martial more than fits the bill, as he's been utterly wasted at MUFC, and like Depay, had shown plenty of potential prior to that move.

I have no idea if that deal gets done, but if MUFC came back and offered a straight swap between Martial and Toby, I'd take that immediately.

Where would we put 5-6 players in the first XI/bench anyway? We need to shore up CM and get Toby/Rose sorted (stay or sell), but outside of that we are looking for bench depth.

Martial is really good but its probably the position with the lowest need in the squad, and at this point I'd rather have an academy player on the bench to backup Kane then blow another 15-25 million on a new signing.
Enter Reo Griffiths.

Don't you realise that Hollywood is in the US and that's obviously the best place to make a signing video you silly fool?

source.gif

Back
Top Bottom