Europa League vs Gent (20.05KO)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

masc%C4%83-%C5%9Fi-adev%C4%83r.jpg

Apparently UEFA concerned with the proximity of Lyon's home tie, so split them up. Still bullshit mind you.
That does make sense I suppose - Lyon and Saint-Etienne are big rivals, and most United fans would travel to Saint-Etienne via Lyon. Looks like they've done the same thing in Istanbul - Fenerbahce v Krasnodar moved to Wednesday, and Besiktas v Hapoel Beer Sheva on Thursday.

Didn't think I'd be looking forward to this game that much after the bad first leg performance we showed. But it seems now that a solid performance against fullham was all it needed to give me and a lot of other fans their optimism back. It has been kind of a rollercoaster between disappointment and relief lately and in my opinion this is exactly the time where the fans are needed the most. Sadly I won't be able to make it to the return leg.. but to those that are there: Do not stop singing! Sing and shout until you lose your voice.. Show them belgians what the Spur's pride sounds like and I'm sure we'll get through. Will it be easy? Probably not, but if we go for it we will make it. 3-0 Spurs.
Oh and Swiss chocolate > Belgian chocolate!

On retrospective, I don't think losing the first leg by that goal is bad for us going into this game. We need to build up confidence in Wembley and we need to know how to play there under pressure. We will need that if we want to have a chance winning the FA cup once again.

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - KWP
Dier - Winks
Sissoko/GKN - Eriksen - Son
Kane

Back
Top Bottom