Home to Middlesbrough. 4th Feb, 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never been to a game then?

"Welcome to WHL.... The famous home of THE SPURS"

Been to many games, just never heard anyone refer to us as "the spurs" before, and I will stick with my original comment it all sounds to American to me, just googled "the spurs" and what comes up first ...... the American basketball team, then googled "spurs" and what comes up first...... nothing other then the mighty THFC! :levyeyes:
But each to there own I guess........

You are right, there is some available now. I bought mine last night from stubhub at reduced price.
How did you hear about it? Just for future reference...

I got a email Monday saying that a certain number of tickets had been returned and because I was in the original ballot I could now get a Ticket, and any that weren't sold would go on general sale, this seems to happen quite a lot and is the 4th time I have got a ticket after being unsuccessful on the original ballot, crazy though as each time could have sat in any stand front row, maybe it's just me but seems crazy people would return these! :pochfacepalm:

Been to many games, just never heard anyone refer to us as "the spurs" before, and I will stick with my original comment it all sounds to American to me, just googled "the spurs" and what comes up first ...... the American basketball team, then googled "spurs" and what comes up first...... nothing other then the mighty THFC! :levyeyes:
But each to there own I guess........
e7ac5b351f8f0e8f481daf6ec781e923.jpg

I got a email Monday saying that a certain number of tickets had been returned and because I was in the original ballot I could now get a Ticket, and any that weren't sold would go on general sale, this seems to happen quite a lot and is the 4th time I have got a ticket after being unsuccessful on the original ballot, crazy though as each time could have sat in any stand front row, maybe it's just me but seems crazy people would return these! :pochfacepalm:

To your benefit at least :kanegoal:

Never been to a game then?

"Welcome to WHL.... The famous home of THE SPURS"

Calling us 'The Spurs' makes us sound as pompous as those idiots that refer to that lot down the road as The Woolwich. The song is "Spurs are on their way to Wembley...." Same as "Come on you Spurs", isn't Come on The Spurs.

Same with people that refer to us as 'Totteham Hotspurs', get it right.

This is a confusing one. We sing "oh when the Spurs" etc. And you will see banners and flags with "up the Spurs", but in conversation or in print, it is just "Spurs" or "Tottenham". Nobody would say the "Tottenham" for example.

Lyrically, however, it is quite common, with the definite article often used to maintain the integrity of the meter in our highly complex A Capella offerings.

:ap:

I missed the application deadline date for this match so didn't receive the email. Oh well I got ticket from stubhub for good price, block 11 row 1!
Cheers

This is why there are empty seats this season.

Calling us 'The Spurs' makes us sound as pompous as those idiots that refer to that lot down the road as The Woolwich. The song is "Spurs are on their way to Wembley...." Same as "Come on you Spurs", isn't Come on The Spurs.

Agree... when they, and most old school pundits (including Harry 'say anything to get on the Telly' Redknapp) call them THE ArseAnal puts them in the 'Definite Article' (I think) and as such, gives them a "we're slightly more important than everyone else" complex... which I think their fans adopt to fucking perfection!
the definition of the

...though if anyone referred to us as Totteham Hotspurs i'd question more than just their appealing spalling!

Oh When............

You'd best have a word with the club... No-one's told the bloke that does the announcing at the lane.... And rewrite a bunch of our songs while yer at it.

Not at all (as per above).

Back
Top Bottom